Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

@sassyangies You're almost out of the 270s! Don't give up!

Now, I was had a two-week period when I KNEW I was binging for no dang reason other than I'm kind of anal about things being "even" or "complete". So I can't just let things sit in the cupboard or fridge, I have to get rid of everything (usually by eating...). I finally snapped out of it when I figured I was...done binging? I guess? I've had a super week and haven't really had any cravings. It hasn't been like that in a few months, honestly.

I know that sounds like bragging and isn't helpful on the outset. What I'm trying to say is that maybe you're just having a little off time? And it's okay. Your mind will get right soon enough.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
Well, I feel like I am losing the battle here with my weight loss. I had such an OP day yesterday, but then last night I ate after work chips and dip that a co worker left more me. I pretty much finished them off. Then at home 2 pieces of cold pizza. Not because I was hungry, but just because I could. I need to stop this now. This could get out of control so fast. I feel upset for it, but not sure why I did it. It was like it was 4 months ago before I started this journey. My mind was not here with me. I reallly need to do something to get in the right frame of mind again. I have to.
What do you guys do when this happens? I need all the tips I can get.
First

I think the hardest part about losing weight, is how we feel when we think we've screwed up. We spend so much time being disappointed in ourselves that we start looking for the elusive "motivation" to get back on track.

I honestly believe that if we can get over that feeling of "oh I've derailed", or "I shouldn't have eaten that, now I'm off plan for the day" then we'll be able to reach our goals that much quicker. You've lost 40 pounds. That to me says resounding success!! And that success is not in any way diminished because you ate some dip or some pizza.

The rest of your life will be filled with days when you eat extremely well and days when you eat more "junk" than you would like. You've already won half the battle by being honest with yourself about eating the things you maybe shouldn't have, the next step is erasing the guilt and just moving on. Yesterday's dinner wasn't optimal, today's breakfast was = Win! You will lose the weight, the 40 pounds you've already lost tells me so.

Don't give up! You got this.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #153  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Sassyangies: I don't have any advice per se because I've only just begun catching my old habits & correcting them, but what has helped me reframe & remember to avoid sugary crap (like the stuff I've been eating over the last few days, oopsies) is to remind myself why I wanted to eat differently in the first place.

Think back to when you decided to create good habits & kick the old ones. Why did you want to change? What was the goal you had in mind? Old habits die hard but that doesn't mean they can't die! Show those habits who's boss!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #154  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Good to know, Sue! Thanks! I'm actually doing the 30 day squat challenge. Today is day 2. Wish me luck! haha

The scale read 276.3 lbs today (the second time). I hope I continue to weigh less from here on down! It's also only 0.3 lbs away from my losing my first 20 lbs, which has been one of my goals. I decided a while back that I would wait until the first 20 lbs gone to create a tracker for my signature (if I decide to put one up). So close! Yay!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-21-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #155  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

.3 so close!

I accidentally did my first mission on Zombie 5K - I thought it was the intro mission when I began and I could just walk for 30 minutes but realized a few minutes in it was the real first mission. I was wearing jeans but wanted to stick with it so Mission 1 is down and it felt pretty good. For the first time I have hope I could get up to running (or jogging in my case) an entire 5K. I tried c25k before and never made it past week 1. But I am in slightly better shape now, plus I think the Zombie 2 5K starts off slower I didn't feel like I had to run as much.

Lordy though where we live is hilly when I get to a 5K distance I don't think I will ever have to worry about doing hills running on our road. I earned 20 flights of stairs going 1.5 miles on our road!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #156  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

OOHHHH I am soooo close to going to the next thread.... I am up 1/2 lb to 271.5 but that is ok. I hope by the end of this week to be visiting the lower thread and all of the rest of you are all ready there to welcome me ))

Its Monday and I hope it is nice and sunny where you are. Not here... but we need the rain... not like the upper Midwest where its flooding and (GULP) snowing from Michigan to Colorado I am so sorry to say that nasty word. Keep safe on the roads and go go go!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #157  

Thanks Ladypurl! Good luck with the 5K!

A 0.1 lb decrease! It seems insignificant on paper, but given the last couple of days, it is absolutely splendid.

I'm thinking of doing a juicing fast in order to 'cleanse'. I really need to learn more about this before I do it (so that it promotes my health and not the other way around), but I'm wondering if you gals/guys have experience with it?

I hope all of the weigh-ins go well today! Good luck!!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #158  

Also, this is not weigh-loss relevant but I hope other good news is share-worthy as well... I got one of the jobs for which I applied!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-22-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #159  

Sassyangies -- how's it going?

Ditto to everyone else. I hope you're well!

I tried a juice/water fast yesterday. Unfortunately, it turned out to be more of a water fast than a juice fast. It was rather tough. I'd be happy to try a juice fast again if it were a legitimate juice fast. Water fasting is not something I'd like to do again unless it'll somehow benefit my organs. I think yesterday may have helped with the bloating caused by the last couple of days, but a juice fast would likely have done the same and would have been much less restrictive. In any case, the result is that my weight dropped to 274.5 lbs. That's a 1.8 lb drop. I don't know if it's water or emptiness that's making up a part of that difference. I'll see tomorrow and the day after! I'm a bit hopeful it is legitimate weight loss because the scale has barely moved down in almost a week. Perhaps this helped to kick-start something again? (not why I fasted, but hey... could be nice. ). *fingers-crossed*

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-23-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
OOHHHH I am soooo close to going to the next thread.... I am up 1/2 lb to 271.5 but that is ok. I hope by the end of this week to be visiting the lower thread and all of the rest of you are all ready there to welcome me ))

Its Monday and I hope it is nice and sunny where you are. Not here... but we need the rain... not like the upper Midwest where its flooding and (GULP) snowing from Michigan to Colorado I am so sorry to say that nasty word. Keep safe on the roads and go go go!
That's awesome, Sue!! Keep us posted before you leave, eh? I hope to join you there soon!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I sunk into the high 280s today. I am happy to join the group, but hope I won't be around too long. I look forward to the 270s now.

I am counting calories and walking. I am considering Tuff Girl Boot Camp or Zumba classes, which are opportunities near my house. Not sure if I want to do that or just stick with my DVDs for strength training.

Does anyone have any experience with boot camp? Is it too difficult when you are this size?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #162  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Sorry guys.. I took a little bit of a break just to be. I'm still at 272 so no more gain thank goodness. Thank you so much for giving me advice. I appreciate you ladies more than you know. The last couple of days have been ok. I have not beed strictly watching my calories just eating good portions. I'm doing ok. I had a little bit of a melt down yesterday because I went to the eye dr and she told me my site is so bad I wouldn't even pass the drivers test they give you at the dmv. Yikes.. I bet that's where my headaches are coming from. I'm starting to feel a little old..

purplefirefly, glad to you have you. congnrats getting to the 80's.. Your doing great!!

Belovedspirit, a juice fast would definetely help with bloating. When I have the money I love going on juice fast. The last one I was on I did juice for 33 days. I couldn't believe how good I felt. It was the hardes thing I ever did, but I was pain free, felt good, but missed chewing. haha.. Anyway good luck!!

Sue we can do this. YOU can do this. It's definetely sunny here. It was almost 100 degrees. A little too hot!

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #163  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Sassyangies: I don't have any advice per se because I've only just begun catching my old habits & correcting them, but what has helped me reframe & remember to avoid sugary crap (like the stuff I've been eating over the last few days, oopsies) is to remind myself why I wanted to eat differently in the first place.

Think back to when you decided to create good habits & kick the old ones. Why did you want to change? What was the goal you had in mind? Old habits die hard but that doesn't mean they can't die! Show those habits who's boss!
Just listening is all I need. So I thank you guys so much!! But your advice was great!! I have been thinking about those questions all day and it's good to go back there.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #164  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Purplefirefly Come on INNNNNNN The weather is fine here... but yep the grass is greener in the 260-250 thread LOL and greener in the 240 and and LOL Glad you have joined us and will move on with the rest of us.

Beloved.. & Sassie Thank you for your encouragement, I really appreciate it. All I can hope is that Like IAN... my weight seems to go down on Wed-Sat... So hoping for something lower tomorrow..... WALK tonight again Back to Back sometimes help

Beloved.. also CONGRATS on getting the 1 job you wanted. GOOD for you.. what is it? and the water/Juicing thingy you did.. Well it musta flushed out something.. cause 1.8 down is a Halla if you ask me

Sassie... Glad you are back... and glad you had your eyes checked. Bad vision does cause headaches and other stress aches in your body. Glasses or whatever you need, will make life easier for you (tho I know your parents depend on you) and hopefully relieve alittle stress and thus water... so it will flush itself out

Coolacrity... Figuring out why you do the things you do (we I should say) and binging is a big thing to know... GOOD for you.

Ladypurl... Don't know what Zombie 5K is... But it sounds interesting...

Rachel... I hope you are doing well.

Charlie.. thanks for visiting...

I think we need to go get Irishlad to come visit us... Since he is just about into the 280's Maybe we can get him to keep us company.... and follow us all into the next thread. OHHHH wouldn't it be so great if we all were in the next thread by 5/1!! I am believing that it can happen

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 04-23-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #165  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

What do you guys think?

I started the Zombie 5k program (mission 2 done today go me!). At school the Y is coming in and offering a boot camp/aerobics/zumba class for 7 weeks - should I sign up? Is it too much to do that and Zombie 5k? I feel like it isn't but I don't want to burn myself out either I tend to be all "yay exercise" and then lose that steam and go all sloth like. However since I am in "yay do all the exercise" mode I should take advantage of that shouldn't I?
Closed Thread