3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My Virtual Model (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/27858-my-virtual-model.html)

BethC 05-22-2003 10:46 AM

My Virtual Model

This is so funny, I was on Lands End.com buying some new workout clothes, when I started looking over at their jeans. I don't currently have a pair that fix, they're all too small. I refuse to buy any that are larger and so I just don't wear them.

Anyway, Lands end asks, do you want to try the jeans on a virtual model, I say yes. It asks me all of these questions, height, weight, bra size, etc.... I type everything in and ... it's me! I almost had to take a valium hands were shaking! I couldn't believe how much it looked like me.

I printed it out using the color printer, then I thought how would I look at goal, so I changed my weight and there was a much thinner me! I printed that one too. Then I did every 25 pound increments. I have them all printed out now.

Whenever I get to wonder why I'm doing this, I look at the one at goal and remember.

gonzostar 05-22-2003 10:48 AM

i love those models! they're cool! =) good motivation.

RavenToy 05-22-2003 11:10 AM

Wow, that was a great little site. I had fun with that one! Thanks Beth! Kind of an eye-opener. :)

BA99TJ 05-22-2003 11:35 AM

Hey Beth - Virtual models definately make it so easy to get motivated! Thanks for the reminder! :)

SuchAPrettyFace 05-22-2003 01:53 PM

I will post some virtual model pics tonight from home. I like my virtual model--she doesn't have any cellulite!!!

Or not. :(

Peekaboo 05-22-2003 10:57 PM

Eh

When I weighed around 250 I tried really hard to get into the virtual model. The problem for me was that anything over 185 pounds looked the same. 190 looked the same as 325 (I was experimenting), and then 185 didn't look different until something like 145 or 155. I wish they'd make one that's more realistic with a higher weight range that changes more often. Even now, being in the 190's, my model doesn't look any different than it did 50 pounds ago. :(

-Peekaboo

Jennelle 05-23-2003 12:28 PM

peekaboo - did you try turning your model sideways? I know that's where I see the difference in my virtual model.

Goddess Jessica 05-23-2003 01:48 PM

I agree with peekaboo, the models never had any ROLLS or cellulite.

karefree2 05-23-2003 05:48 PM

I have done this before. It is fun.

Peekaboo 05-23-2003 06:59 PM

Actually, I've never had cellulite (thank God) although I have had the rolls, but yes, I have turned the model sideways, and I'm telling you, it's exactly the same. However, when I changed the shape from the upside down triangle (I carry all my weight in my boobs and stomach) to the hourglass, then it changes. That really irritates me, because THEN it changes fairly rapidly, and my 195 pound shape looks really great with that one over the upside down triangle, which looks a lot huger than I am.

Am I the only one having problems with that shape? I just didn't want to use the hourglass because it made my legs look bigger than they are.

-Peekaboo

Jennelle 05-23-2003 11:21 PM

I always use the hourglass because it represents my body pretty accurately....don't know what to tell you.

Peekaboo 05-24-2003 09:37 PM

Oh, no, it's ok.. The hourglass works fine for my torso, but not my legs. It's a small price to pay to see the model actually CHANGING (LOL) instead of looking a lot bigger than I am now. Ironically, I'm almost to the point where it would have dropped anyway. I'm going to just keep using the hourglass figure. :)

-Peekaboo