Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #16  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

My "virgin fat territory" is 245. I can't recall when I saw it last. Even 247, which is the lowest I can remember in the last 20 years, I can't recall exactly when it was, but I remember it was after my marriage (22 years ago) but not in the last ten years.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

I am really looking forward to the 150s.. I haven't been there in a really long time, and I know I'll feel really great about myself. However, I know I will feel even more fantastic about reaching my goal weight.
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #18  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

My new territory will be 160 and below. I haven't been that weight for over 10 years since I was 15/16 years old. I am excited about getting under 160 but I have to remind myself that it will not be the same because I am riddled with much more stretch marks and some loose skin from being 230lbs.

I think 160 is when I will have to shake/change things up in order to keep moving downwards since that is a weight I can easily maintain, I guess sort of a "set" point.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

170 was the lowest I've ever been. Anything under that is new territory and territory I am desperately hoping I one day see.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #20  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have three weights that are crucial to me. First is 175. I really have this mental thing about that weight for some reason. It's what I weighed (about at the end of HS). And it seems like its a weight that taunts me. It's also a weight I could probably maintain.

The next number is 165. I got there for a minute last late spring. I would love to make that my forever weight.

So, 160 would be uncharted territory and I doubt I will get there, but I'm not going to purposefully stop at 165 either. I will just keep up my fitness and see where it takes me.

Right now, I realllllllly want to get to 165. Like really, really! My summer clothes looked great on me at that weight!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #21  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I can't remember a time when I was less than a size 18. I was always a chubby kid and really started gaining in high school, getting up to 18/20 by my senior year. I kept gaining through college and grad school, and have stayed between sizes 22-24, going back and forth between 265-300lbs over the last six years. As a teen, I was rarely able to shop in the juniors' section, and i hated not being able to shop in the same stores as my friends.

Uncharted territory for me would be under 200lbs, especially at a size that allowed me to shop in the same places as friends or even share clothes with friends. For my height, I "should" be between 130-150lbs, that is my ultimate uncharted territory, my promised land of health & fitness.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #22  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Over the last 20 years, my weight has been as low as 140 (twice) and as high as 235 (stayed there for a long time). It's probably been 14 years since I last saw 140, though--and that was after getting my jaw wired shut for surgery.

For some reason, I think of 180 as a weight I'll be really happy to reach (50 lbs down from where I started this time), and then 160. I haven't been 180 in at least 10 years. I last weighed 160 in 2000. (I gained 60 lbs pretty quickly as a medication side effect.)

I have a whole bunch of goals in my head, though, and I'll be celebratory at lots of them--ONEderland, under 35 BMI, 180, 160...

And if I never hit my goal weight but am even 50 lbs lighter, I will have reached achieved many of my reasons for losing weight.

I'm excited about ONEderland--and every new "decade" makes me happy!

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 03-18-2013 at 04:23 PM.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #23  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Uncharted territories:
  • Seeing my face when I'm in the "normal" BMI range. I have never seen that.
  • Being able to shop in a mall and not in the stores near the mall for big people.
  • Finding hiking gear, lifejackets, swim suits, foul weather gear and more that I can actually fit into.
  • Being able to jog - I have a weird genetic "glitch" with my knees. All my siblings have it whether they are skinny or heavy. So I really shouldn't run on my knees at this weight.
  • Being able to get on a horse bareback without using a fence.
  • Being in the normal BMI range.
  • Sleeping through the night.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 03-18-2013 at 04:49 PM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #24  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Getting under 300 is going to be big. I've probably been over it since 19, which means I'm going on 9 years of carrying at the very least 100 to 200 extra pounds. 230 will be a very big one for me too, as it will finally mean I'm smaller than my boyfriend.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 238/205.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Well, I won't hit "uncharted territory" until I get below 136, but getting below 190 will be long-forgotten territory (I haven't been there in about three years, and it was my previous high weight). I expect a small bit of set point there, another set point at 160 (five years ago, and a weight I can easily maintain and where I would be happy) and I'll really have to stay consistent and diligent to get below 140 (my low weight, the weight where I feel I look the best, last seen seven years ago).

Last edited by Saga; 03-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #26  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I hit the 180-190 range in 2010, without realizing it, and probably got under it, as I'd taken a break from my scale which ended up being a 2 yr break and regaining weight. (Also...a baby). I know I was comfy in a size 13 long from the junior department and was happily wearing a size M boyfriend cut, retro hoodie, so it was slimmer cut and longer torso. I'd be pretty happy to hang out in those sizes again, whatever the scale said. I'd definitely be more diligent about stepping on the scale for a reality check a few days a week.

My set point for a long time in my late teens-mid 20's was 196, then when I managed to force myself past that it was 255. My body seems to love those 2 weights and those are the ones I really struggle to get past, so I know as I approach the 199 range, I'll be stepping up the lifting and getting back into running. First, because I love both of those activities and while I walk and lightly jog now, it's absolute **** on my knees. Especially the one that's had several surgeries and a break as recent as 2010. Lifting makes me happy and floods be with happy juices and makes it so much easier to stay on track. That, and it makes 11 hour horseback and motorcycle rides so much easier!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #27  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
"virgin fat territory"
Heh heh, awesome . . . I may borrow that term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Getting under 300 is going to be big. I've probably been over it since 19, which means I'm going on 9 years of carrying at the very least 100 to 200 extra pounds. 230 will be a very big one for me too, as it will finally mean I'm smaller than my boyfriend.
Aside from the handful of months I managed to get down under 250 in the past and aside from my recent progress, I'd spent about 24 years being at least 100 pounds overweight and at least 2 years of that (possibly more) being 200 pounds overweight . . . which is all of my adult life and most of my teenage years. I can still remember the day I finally got under 300 . . . as big of a deal as it was to me, it was a bittersweet moment since I really had no one to celebrate it with at the time. I'm glad you're on your way now.

I didn't even think of the significant other thing, but yeah, I totally get that too! I had a silly little bet going on with my husband from before we got married that I could buy myself an awesome pair of boots once I weighed less than him . . . and wouldn't you know it, he started losing weight with me! Nearly 4 years later I've almost caught up with him, and the specific boots I'd wanted are no longer being made. I'll probably catch up with him in a month or two now, given that he weighs about three pounds less than me . . .

Being in uncharted territory right now messes with me every so often; not recognizing myself in reflections or in photos, holding up clothes and not being able to tell if they fit. My real face is emerging. How insane is it that some of us go through a lifetime of not knowing what we look like beneath all the layers of fat? I'm still the same person on the inside of course, but with my physical identity changing I sometimes feel lost within my own skin.

Last edited by Elladorine; 03-19-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #28  

Height: 5'2

Getting below 145lb(which is my next mini goal) would be new territory for me because I havent been below that weight in the last 10 years. I went down to 145lb in 2009 but was not able to maintain it. I am quite nervous about getting down to that weight as I am worried I wont be able to maintain it again. I am so tired of this start-loose-stop-gain repetitive weight loss cycle I put myself through so I really hope this time I am better prepared on how I will maintain my loss. Loosing weight is the easy part for me, maintaining the weight loss is the difficult part and never lasts long. So I am looking forward to new territory and preparing myself for that territory...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #29  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Normal BMI. Have never been that in my adult life.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

What weight are you really looking forward to because you haven't seen in it many years? Or perhaps you don't ever remember seeing it?
For me, it would be reaching the 180s. I would have said 190s, actual Onederland, but I think I would need to lose about 10 lbs more until I would safely feel that I would never go back to being 200+ lbs again.

Where do you step over in uncharted territory? Are you nervous? excited? When you do you think you will get there? Do you think you will feel like a new person?
I feel that would be when I reach about 153 lbs. According to BMI standards, that would put me from obese to officially overweight. I do feel nervous about that idea. The last time I weighed this much was when I graduated from high school.

Also- Do you believe in "set points?" Do you think it will be difficult for you to push past this number?
No but that's because I haven't really tried to lose weight seriously before. I may or may not have a set point, I just don't know yet.

What's the lowest you ever remember being in your adult life?
The lowest I've ever been in my adult life was in the 120s-130s.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote