3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Compliment thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/27713-compliment-thread.html)

SuchAPrettyFace 05-16-2003 01:40 PM

Compliment thread

We hear enough negative things from ourselves, not to mention outside sources. It's time to change all that!!! Please list one nice thing someone has said either to you or about you since you began this journey. I will start.

This morning in the hallway, Paula said to me, "Your butt's looking smaller, woman!" :lol:

Goddess Jessica 05-16-2003 01:52 PM

I had a similar compliment today...

Shoshie said, "Get your ever-shrinking butt in here!"

gonzostar 05-16-2003 02:51 PM

well i could just post the link to the thread where you all complimented my new picture to death. i was blushing and glowing at the same time. you all made me feel great.

jiffypop 05-16-2003 05:22 PM

the owner of this company said this to me a couple of weeks ago: 'i look forward to seeing you on monday morning because you look different every single week!'

and this week, the nicest thing anyone said to me. well, there's a story behind it. i interviewed this week with a company i used to work for. we've wanted to 'get back together' for quite awhile, but they haven't had a position for me. well, they finally are ready for me, and so on wednesday i had the interview.

and i made sure i looked GREAT. now, remember, the last time most of these people saw me, i was 265+ pounds heavier than i am now!! and could barely walk or talk. they didn't recognize me.

but best of all, the senior VP, simon, who had heard that i was so much healthier but couldn't believe it, came up to me, kissed me on the cheek, adn said it was real nice to see me, 'sweetie.' that meant the world to me.

and, it also meant that they were serious about it!!!!!

Sheila53 05-16-2003 06:58 PM

My daughter said, "Gee, Mom, you have nice legs."

rochemist 05-17-2003 08:38 AM

I have some compliments!

Sandi is awesome because she takes time to track the points challenge each month:D

Suchaprettyface and Jennelle always tell it like it is!

JML inspires us by getting to goal and beyond!

Godess Jessica and Holly bring joy into their posts.

Danners asks questions when she doesn't understand. This is a quality I highly respect, walking around not knowing is stupid.

Mthrgoose always says something positive (and she only eats like 900 calories a day, I don't think I could be that happy:lol: )

All the women here (I know I have missed quite a few) for their tanacity, honesty, and support. We are the pillars so no one has to do this alone.

YOU GALS ARE THE BEST:D
Miss Chris:smug:

Raelynn 05-17-2003 07:18 PM

The guys at work always flirt with me, one comment that sticks out in my mind is when Andrew (one of the tech support agents) came up to me and said "holy sh*t you look hot." lol

hillary29 05-17-2003 07:25 PM

I dont have anything to add here, not YET, but it is so nice to see a thread like this, you ladies should be SO proud of what you have accomplished, I hope I can add to this thread soon!! :)

KittyMilk 05-17-2003 09:09 PM

My dh is always giving me compliments - bless him.

Your really a tiny person is one and this morning it was - wow you look great!

Jennelle 05-18-2003 10:58 AM

Still awaiting my big compliment...I've lost 12 lbs., so it will probably be another 10 or so before hubby says anything. I am going to a special education conference in June and will see some of my old co-workers there...one of them will probably say something (I'm hoping! :lol: )

mthrgoos68 05-18-2003 08:28 PM

Miss Chris--You are too funny!! You always have a great wit and such wisdon to share with us. You are wonderful!!

Jenelle- I'm sure they'll be noticing very soon and you'll have loads of compliments coming your way!

Kittymilk-Do you think your dh could give mine some lessons? LOL

AngiKL 05-19-2003 04:50 PM

My husband noticed it's easier to wrap his arms around me!

irishwings 05-19-2003 11:42 PM

What a super idea! Very creative!

I actually had someone tell me I looked sexy! W H A T ? ? ?
Not used to that at all! But it made me feel good that someone is noticing my changing body!!! And it helps, even though I've still a long way to go.