Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #1  

Default NSV, what a great day!

Finally got up the courage today to drop off my wedding and engagement rings to get fixed even though I have so much anxiety leaving them with a jeweler, more an embarrassment issue than trust issue. (I had cut my rings off last summer prior to having surgery.) The jeweler said I did a better job cutting them than the hospital would have so that was a good thing. But he could have cut them for me if I went there and saved me on the damage and big repairs for the mess I made. I never would have, I was embarrassed enough to do it at home. $400 for the repair will convince me to never try that trick again, plus I was happy to tell them I had lost over 100lbs since doing that.

$400 is more than I expected it would cost but since I don't have to go clothes shopping now, I balanced it out. I am wearing a size **16** jeans from my closet today, do you know how big a deal that is???!!! I wore them with a sweatshirt and tanktop so the waist was generously covered but seriously, a **16**!!! I was frustrated with my small loss last week (only 1.8lbs) so this NSV made my whole week!!

I'm so excited, I want to wear the jeans 24 hours now! And next week when I get my rings back I will be so happy to be able to wear them again and feel like a total normal person. And I can junk this ring I have been wearing from Overstock that keeps turning my finger green.

Happy happy day!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super yay!!!!!

(I've cut rings off before too, not fun!)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

What wonderful news!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #4  

Lol Mozzy, I did it all by myself too. I didn't even wait for my DH to help. It's taken me all this time to go to the jeweler and while he did look shocked at the damage I was able to accomplish, he was more than professional (and I assume adjusted his price for the extra labor!).

Thank you Misti!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #5  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Elvis!! I know that getting the rings fixed has been hanging over your head for a long time now, and I think that even beyond all the pleasure you will get from wearing them again, it will also be a huge relief to not have this whole issue to think about anymore.

And woohooo on a 16, that is awesome!!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

16?!?!?!?!

WHAAA? Im so so so happy to hear that. And yay on your rings coming back to you soon.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #7  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

That's great! Congratulations on the 16!!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

LOL, congrats on the size 16 jeans. I live in my jeans so I understand the urge to want to wear them 24/7. There is nothing like pulling something out of the closet that didn't fit and finding out that it now does. Congrats!
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFairhope View Post
16?!?!?!?!

WHAAA? Im so so so happy to hear that. And yay on your rings coming back to you soon.
Thanks, Sarah! Yesterday was such a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliee View Post
LOL, congrats on the size 16 jeans. I live in my jeans so I understand the urge to want to wear them 24/7. There is nothing like pulling something out of the closet that didn't fit and finding out that it now does. Congrats!
Thanks, Charliee! I tried them on just as a fluke, never thought I was going to keep them on! And I ended up getting a new pair of pajama pants at Old Navy in a size L (they run big I think) and I tried them on last night, they fit!! Something must have shifted in my butt and thighs this week, that's all I can think of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
That's great! Congratulations on the 16!!
Thanks Tziri!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
Congrats Elvis!! I know that getting the rings fixed has been hanging over your head for a long time now, and I think that even beyond all the pleasure you will get from wearing them again, it will also be a huge relief to not have this whole issue to think about anymore.

And woohooo on a 16, that is awesome!!
Thanks April! My rings were driving me crazy with stress (only me, right??). I got a nice map with my ring stone features plus they found an unusal inclusion that they both kept looking at plus showed me and my DH, so there will be no doubt it's my ring that I get back. Now I just want Friday to get here so I can have them back! And thank you about the 16, it might be the only pair that fits but that to me makes me a 16 LOL!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #10  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

AWESOMEEEEE I can't WAIT to see 16! Congrats! Great NSV
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #11  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Yay to both nsv's!!