Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #466  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

I haven't posted here in awhile! I hope everyone is doing great!! I definitely hit a low point and then hit my stride. I'm at 306, starting at 352ish.... I am pretty happy about that I think various life events have motivated me to just DO IT.

I'm almost out of the 300's!!! I've been here too long, finally got out a few years ago but this time I SWEEEEEEEAR I'M NEVER GOING BACK.

I pray all of you are doing well and keeping at your goals too.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #467  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Welcome lemc87, and welcome back Courtenay!

We can all chime in here...we don't want to be here at all! I'm thoroughly sick of the 300s.

Weighed in this morning. Down 2 lbs. this week. That's just me getting back into the swing. Would be lovely hang on to that rate of weight loss.

I remember, back in the day, when I used to "do the math" every time I hit a weight loss streak. I'd calculate how soon I'd hit my goal. Every once in a while, I still do it, but now I laugh at myself when I do. 2 lbs./week sounds very doable, but it really hasn't been a consistent thing for me in a very long time.

So now the focus is just on making the right choices every day. I've done pretty well today.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #468  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Folks,

I heard about this thread from someone in the 300+ forum when I recently asked for help with my wavering motivation. I am so glad that it seems to be active again!!!

Geoblewis I feel for you. My "magic" number was 440. Every time I got there I would feel this extreme fear and put 10-15 pounds back on. It drove me nuts!!! I eventually sought professional help from a psychologist who specializes in eating and weight issues. For me, it went back to the issue of being starved as a child. I did it a few more times and then one day I got down to 430 and have not looked back since. I am at 330 now. I struggled with that issue for years. The thing I am grateful for is that I never gave up.

SnowboundChick It is great to see you again and hear about the progress you have made!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #469  
Renaissance Woman

Activeadventurer, I am actually participating in a program called EBT where we work on those crippling lifelong issues from our past that prevent us from enjoying life to the fullest. I've worked through a lot of stuff over the last few years, and now I'm getting down to the roots of why I'm hanging on to being fat. And you're right, there comes a time when a switch is flipped and we forever leave behind a thought pattern or behavior.

I was raised to become a wife and mother, and to serve others' needs. And nothing else. I have always had desires to do so much more outside of those things, but every time I moved in the direction of achieving more, I stopped myself. And here I am now, nearly 53, and so frustrated that I didn't achieve more when I was younger. I'm no longer married, my sons are growing up and will be moving out in the next five years, and I will be completely free! I'm so excited about the prospect! Yet when I find myself having a few days to myself at home, when I can choose to do whatever I want and have no pressures from anyone else to achieve or accomplish anything, what do I do? Clean the house, do the laundry, run errands, and when I'm done with all that, I sit and watch TV! How lame is that?!

I want to finish school. I want to travel, a lot! I want to be really successful in my career. I want to spend time with lots of different people and have fun socializing with them. I want to go off to a small community in another country where no one knows me or wants anything from me and live in a small house by the sea and write a book. I want to fall in love, with something wondrous or someone special.

I still have time to do all of that. I can even do it all while being fat, and still have a marvelous time with it all. But if I were that involved with such an interesting life, I think I wouldn't be overeating at all!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #470  
Renaissance Woman

Aw shucks, Rebell. Thank you!

I just thought I'd post about what I'm going to do today for fun. It's a blustery day and the forecast is for some wet snow. So I'm going to go shopping at a big mall where I probably won't spend any money (I really only like to look) and then my friend and I are going to La Ferme for drinks and dinner. They don't have their menu posted, so I can't plan ahead with regards to what I'm going to eat, but I can plan ahead as to how much. I don't want to get stuffed because, I am happy to report, that just doesn't feel good any longer.

I overate at dinner last night, it wasn't even that much food, and I hadn't eaten much during the day. I'm starting to experience this more and more. I used to view going out to dinner as an opportunity to eat a lot of things that I didn't always get to, but I'm really starting to feel like I'm so over food! Yesterday at dinner I had ordered a French onion soup, something I normally love. But it tasted bland and I didn't even eat half of it. And the only other thing I had ordered was deviled eggs, and there were only four halves on the plate. I ate them really slowly. And suddenly I was FULL. No dessert for me!

I am disappointed that we haven't been able to snowshoe yesterday. We're at Lake Tahoe for the weekend, but there isn't enough snow on the ground to trek through. We drove around the lake yesterday and walked a little through old historic Truckee. Meh...too expensive to shop there. Hoping that old historic Genoa will be more colorful today. And that it snows a little.

Have a great weekend, ladies!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #471  
Hanging in the Heartland

Georgia I loved your post. I am familiar with EBT but have not experienced it personally. When you were talking about all the things you wanted to do, I wanted to share that I started law school at the age of 57. A few times I thought," What was I thinking!!!" It has been a challenge, a good distraction when my husband died suddenly, and there is some comfort when even the 23 year olds complain about how tired they are.

It also inspired me to double down on my efforts to lose weight! As a friend of mine is fond of saying " It is never to late to have a happy childhood." I wish you the very best in whatever new adventures you choose.

Last edited by activeadventurer; 01-11-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #472  
Renaissance Woman

I have fresh motivation! My friend and I have decided we need to go to Geneva, Switzerland. Her aunt and uncle just moved there and have invited us to visit them in August. We are planning to fly to London and then take the Eurail train to Geneva, then stop for a few nights in Paris on the way back, and finally spend a few days in London before flying home.

If I had a tail, I'd be wagging it now!!!

So many plans to make. A new travel ensemble to put together...and I want to be 30+ lbs. lighter by then, so travel won't be so hard on my body. A year and a half ago we went to Scotland and my feet hurt so much. Wrong shoes = plantar fasciitis.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #473  
Hanging in the Heartland

We all know it is not just about the weight. Even though I am still in the 300's, my doctors this week took me off 3 of my 4 heart meds and told me I am no longer diabetic !!! (A1c 5.0 and fasting glucose 73) I am so happy, It has made all the **** I went through to lose the weight worthwhile.

Last edited by activeadventurer; 01-18-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #474  
Renaissance Woman

Activeadventurer! I am so happy for you! That news just put a big smile on my face. Well done!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #475  
Hanging in the Heartland

Thanks Georgia! I am ecstatic!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #476  
Pink Leopard Power

How is everyone doing.

I'm down to 301.4 as of this morning. SUPER ecstatic. I'm sure I'll play the water weight game for awhile before I'm legit under 300, but I'm so close. Looking at my logs, last time I was under 300 was February 2011. So it's a great feeling if I can finish up january in 299 land. <3
Old 01-26-2014, 04:59 AM   #477  
Pink Leopard Power

Default 299.8

I made it... so cliche but.... if I can make it out... anyone can. HAHA I met this goal like, 9 months late, but all that matters is that I got there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2998.jpg (20.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #478  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSteen19 View Post
I made it... so cliche but.... if I can make it out... anyone can. HAHA I met this goal like, 9 months late, but all that matters is that I got there.
OH SO Happy and thrilled for you Jolly!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!! Enjoy the floating feeling.. Its MAHHHHHVELOUS!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #479  
Hanging in the Heartland

Congratulations Courtney!!! That is awesome!! I still have 19 pounds to go. It seems sooooo far away. I try not to think about it too much and focus on how far I have come. Again congratulations!!!

Dee
Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #480  
Pink Leopard Power

You'll get there Dee ----- you've done so much already!! I was a good 16-30 lbs away consistently for most of the last year (I wanted to be 299 by May of last year). Just keep chugging away it pound by pound... that's what I had to do and I swear it felt like it took FOREVER... but now that I'm in the "200's" I'm over the moon and I just want to work harder than EVER... cause nothing is more depressing than losing weight and losing weight and still being over 300 lbs (which is what I swore I'd never do again after I got back to twoderville last time, haha). BEST OF LUCK!!

Last edited by JollyGreenSteen19; 01-28-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Closed Thread