Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #106  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Rodeogirl - I was back on the scale by 3, just couldn't stay away. I was up slightly, but today, I officially hit my halfway point, I'm down to 317.5, which is 117.5 lbs lower than my highest, and 117.5 pounds above my goal. I can taste the 200's they're so close!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #107  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

RadioJane - you are rocking!

There's going to be a big party in Twoderville when you get there.

I'm so excited to get to the new decades with you guys!

Last edited by rodeogirl; 03-19-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Rodeogirl - I was back on the scale by 3, just couldn't stay away. I was up slightly, but today, I officially hit my halfway point, I'm down to 317.5, which is 117.5 lbs lower than my highest, and 117.5 pounds above my goal. I can taste the 200's they're so close!
Awesome!!! Halfway to goal means the next ounce you lose, you are on the downward trend of having lost more than you have left. How exciting!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #109  
Starting over sucks.

Indeed! 316.2 today! As much as I know I feel better when I don't cheat (and I don't gain five pounds in a night), I do love the woosh I get when the water weight finally comes off!

I'm wearing a 28W jean right now, but I can slide them on and off without doing them up and they're sitting a little low. I bought the exact same thing in a 26W and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to wear them to Easter! I can get them on and do them up now, but they're a little snug!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Radiojane, thank you for confirming that I'm not alone in being able to gain and lose significant amounts of weight over a 1-3 day period. During this hospital stay I just had, they informed me that no one could gain or lose 5 pounds in just 3 days. I pointed out that they didn't feed me for one of those days, I'd been dieting, and I had put on water weight right before coming in.

I, of course, could not possibly know my own body so my input was just ignored.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #111  
Starting over sucks.

I have daily fluctuations in excess of eight pounds. My dad, who at his biggest was over 700 pounds, would fluctuate by 30 pounds with sodium/water gains.

In short, Everything's bigger when we're bigger.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Jane, I may have to ask you to come to the next doctor's appointment with me! I'm not going to ignore their advice, but I'm definitely running into issues of "she's fat, therefore she's stupid" with some of the doctors. It seems to always confuse them when I ask an intelligent question!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #113  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

You know something??? Everyone makes a huge deal out of the 100s but in all honestly -- going from the 320s for YEARS to finally being the 200s was a BIG FREAKIN DEAL, more so than the 100s for some reason!!! I still remember seeing 293, which really felt firmly IN the 200s to me, and losing my mind !!! so great!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #114  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Trazey -I cannot wait to get to the 200's but I have to confess getting to Onederland is still pretty high up on my list!

Also congratulations - those pictures are AMA-ZIN-G!!

Last edited by rodeogirl; 03-21-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #115  

Trazey, you look amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!!

And Betsy, I know exactly how you feel. 2 of my doctors had no faith I'd ever lose a pound, nevermind over 100 since last July. I have only seen 1 of the 2 since then. But can I tell you, I want to strut by the other one's office and say "You were wrong about me, all wrong." Sounds so dumb but I was so much more than the big woman sitting in his office.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #116  
Starting over sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
Jane, I may have to ask you to come to the next doctor's appointment with me! I'm not going to ignore their advice, but I'm definitely running into issues of "she's fat, therefore she's stupid" with some of the doctors. It seems to always confuse them when I ask an intelligent question!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Trazey, you look amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!!

And Betsy, I know exactly how you feel. 2 of my doctors had no faith I'd ever lose a pound, nevermind over 100 since last July. I have only seen 1 of the 2 since then. But can I tell you, I want to strut by the other one's office and say "You were wrong about me, all wrong." Sounds so dumb but I was so much more than the big woman sitting in his office.
I was very lucky to have a family doctor from about ten on who also treated my dad who was very obese. He was patient, didn't treat all our symptoms as if they MUST be fat related, but was honest with us about what health risks we had. Unfortunately, he moved away about a year ago. Since then I'm struggling more with doctors that don't understand or are a little cruel, but I am showing progress to the one I have chosen as my new gp, and I don't have any pressing health concerns besides just monitoring my overall health as I lose.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #117  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
LOL that cracked me up. You I have yet to seek a doctor for help losing weight, I mean it would probably help a lot, I have a nice family doctor, but I do feel like I'd be ridiculed with the I'm Stupid and Fat thing. I am a normal human being, I'm a scientist for christ's sake, I understand things LOL. Not all fat people are stupid, we just have bodies that punish us for our great taste in food . I feel like there's a lot of doctors set in their ways about certain things too (for instance, eating a low fat diet when I feel a lower carb diet actually works a lot better for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
You know something??? Everyone makes a huge deal out of the 100s but in all honestly -- going from the 320s for YEARS to finally being the 200s was a BIG FREAKIN DEAL, more so than the 100s for some reason!!! I still remember seeing 293, which really felt firmly IN the 200s to me, and losing my mind !!! so great!!!
YOU LOOK SUPER FAB. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for that feeling being in the 200's, and not fluctating back to any 300 number.

Radiojane - those fluctuations sound intense!! I've never weighed myself anytime but the morning after emptying myself, I'd be willing to bet I am a good 5 lbs heavier on any given day in the evenings. I'd just never want to put myself through the trauma of seeing a gain of six lbs by the afternoon haha :P

So on Monday night I fought HARD to not binge. It was the perfect storm though. I could stay up as late as I wanted and I was home alone. Plus I just felt crappy about myself. When I worked for 10 days straight with just one off in between, I got really cranky and hard on myself, a bad day at work turns into a disaster of my emotions. I didn't let myself go to the store (there's really no good "binging" foods in my house). I'm definitely a salty fatty binger. I've lost most of my taste for sweets, but give me some ranch pretzels or mini PB crackers and I'll go to town. I could have just crawled into bed, watched Criminal Minds marathon, and ate a box of cheezits. I hate still feeling like I could slip back into that lifestyle so easily. I haven't been having a good weight loss week but I have lost a few lbs. My momentum from the first 2 weeks of the month has petered out. I'm just trying so hard to push through these next 20 lbs because I'll feel so much better not weighing 300+ lbs. Then when I reach 285 I think I'll finally forgive myself for getting this way again, since that was the lowest weight I got to when losing a few years ago.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #118  
Starting over sucks.

I slipped badly today. 4 donuts. I'm literally physically ill from the sugar. I feel your pain Jolly, it's scary as all get out to know how easy it would be to go back there!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #119  
Pink Leopard Power

Oh that sucks I hope tomorrow will go better. It's amazing isn't it how you don't realize that it feels good not to over indulge in sugar? I think the reason I lost my sweet tooth was I can no longer stand those rapid rises in blood sugar anymore. They can really wipe you out. I would just feel like a bump on a log. That's probably how we really felt all the time in our previous lifestyles, we just didn't know it.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #120  
Pink Leopard Power

On a really negative note, I heard today that CVS drugstores make all their employees weigh in on a regular basis. If they are overweight, and don't make improvements or skip, they are penalized by increasing insurance premiums.

At my job we have optional health promotions, and if you reach your goals you can be rewarded with discounts on your premiums or points towards items. But really this just made me sick. I would have to quit that job, sorry. This is no one's business but my own and whoever I choose to include. It is NOT my employer's job to check my weight.

Plus we ALL know... 99% of people who are overweight know they are overweight and that they have a problem. Humiliating them doesn't help, and we've all had our share of humiliation at some point in our life. My most embarrassing fat moments (the worst one I'd have to say was an amusement park) I was down on myself for DAYS if not weeks... there was no way in **** that ever motivated me to lose weight :P I wanted to live under a rock. Reflecting on it now it makes me think about the things that will change for me (i.e. fitting into a seat on a ride), but feeling horrible about myself never really kicked started me :P just a personal thought.

Oh and link to story

Last edited by JollyGreenSteen19; 03-21-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Closed Thread