Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #16  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
I adore the nerd hug! You should come with me (and others that join) to Rinvendell...and eventually Mordor! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...-mordor-4.html
Join the fellowship. You know you want to.
Whaaaat!? A walk to Mordor? Hahah, that is so awesome. I checked it out, and it is such a neat idea. Thanks for the heads-up! I'd be SO far behind, but it sounds interesting, so I will probably join you guys anyway.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #17  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
You are as cute in person as I thought you'd be.
Thanks! You make me blush!! This is a picture of me and my usually sometimes better half:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
Whaaaat!? A walk to Mordor? Hahah, that is so awesome. I checked it out, and it is such a neat idea. Thanks for the heads-up! I'd be SO far behind, but it sounds interesting, so I will probably join you guys anyway.
It's mostly just me. I'm not sure why people get tired of this challenge, but I like it a lot. I look forward to increasing my numbers little by little every week.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I would LOVE to join the "Walk To Mordor" challenge. I am a huge rings fan But I don't have a way to log miles right now.

Last edited by Thinforme; 02-27-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/207/165

Height: 5'8"

Smile morning walk

Quote:
"If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk." ~Raymond Inmon

One of the reasons I love walking is that it's really an awesome sensory experience. I really enjoyed my walk this morning, despite that it was 17 degrees out.

I wanted to share with you a few of the things I enjoyed this morning:

Sight: I love living in Colorado. We actually have seasons here. This weekend we had a bit of blowing snow- so this morning the world looked like it was covered in diamonds. Everywhere you looked it sparkled.

I love that I'm the first footprints in the fallen snow:

Beautiful landscaping:

Start and Finish:

Sound: More then anything I heard the snow crunching under my feet. Once it gets below 20- the snow really starts to crackle. The birds were singing this morning, including this lovely: You can hear it's call if you click "typical voice"- http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/E...llared-Dove/id
A woodpecker was pounding on a tree.

A snow plow came by and I could hear people scraping ice off their cars. A school bus drove by:

Touch: Mostly I was fiddling with my scarf. Although I did touch the snow a couple of times.

Smell: The air here smells clean. Oftentimes I would pass some pine trees that would make me feel like I was walking through a forest. A grandfather drove past in a truck and his cologne lingered in the air.

Someone had a fire going in their fireplace, using a duraflame.

Taste: I came home and picked out a tea I thought was appropriate for a winter walk- Orange Spice Tea.
(DH and I might have a bit of a tea problem, this isn't even half of our collection)

So this week, I challenge you- take us on a walk. What does it look like? Smell like? Sound like? Feel like? And taste like? Encourage us to take our own walking journeys!
I love how u enjoy the things we should all enjoy every day and thanks for sharing with us you have made my day brighter just by reading your post.
bettyboop56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

What an awesome thread! I'm so jealous of how beautiful your neighbourhood is! Considering I live in England, it's no-where near as green as people think it is. I wish I had mountains nearby to marvel at!

Perhaps I'll try and find a pretty walk to document, rather than my usual trek to class!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #21  
Living Intuitively

I would love to see a bit of England! Please take us there! Even if it's just to class.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #22  
Living Intuitively

I went to the gym this morning instead of walking, but check out this picture I snapped for you. The moon was setting. I love when the moon and sun are at the same height in the sky at opposite sides of the horizon. There is something very peaceful about that.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

so i made a video for this thread and i cant upload it what a drag!!!!
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #24  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Hey Lunar!

We have been out of town the past few days and found a half decent day to take a walk. It was a nearby park that had a nice trail around the lake. I forgot to take pics of the trail but took one of my 2 year old in his stroller, which totally got stuck in the snow and my DH pushing him on the swings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jake-snow.jpg (33.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Jake-snowA.jpg (37.5 KB, 6 views)
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #25  
Living Intuitively

omgasha- Can you upload it to youtube?

Thnkthin- SO much SNOW!! Did your little one love it?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #26  
There I am!

Quote:
omgasha- Can you upload it to youtube?

Thnkthin- SO much SNOW!! Did your little one love it?

Yes! He loved the snow. His dad taught him to throw snowballs so he had a blast tossing those at me, he was just giggling every time. It was also quite the workout pushing his stroller thru all that snow to make it to the trail!
We are back home now, I'll have to take some pics next time we hit the trail here.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #27  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

So I've never been one of life's walkers or outdoorsy-types. In fact, one of my favourite sayings is: "the outdoors is best enjoyed with a large, shiny window and a good book from the climate-controlled indoors." That being said, I saw this thread a couple of days ago and was inspired by lunar to take in a little more of the beautiful, great outdoors.

So, I decided to walk the 5 or so kilometres to the gym this morning instead of driving there as I usually do. I got to see the sunrise as well. So all in all, score! It's something I definitely want to keep up even though the heat and the bugs were real (!), even that early in the morning.

So anyway, Good morning from the tropics!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 03-01-2013 at 04:34 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #28  
Living Intuitively

Wow! Awesome!! No snow there! What was the temperature? I like the cloud formations.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #29  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Haha! No snow ever in the history of mankind! That's like before 7a.m. and it was already 28 degrees C so like basically 82 degrees F!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #30  
There I am!

Lunar - How do you imbed your images? Whenever I upload an attachment it always comes out as a thumbnail that has to be clicked on. I've tried copying and pasting but that doesn't work.