3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Eating Question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/27625-eating-question.html)

Mark&Ivy'smom 05-13-2003 11:22 PM

Eating Question

I hope someone could help me here......

Okay here's the deal. For some reason I have lost my appetite during the day. I never seem to get hungry until late afternoon. So should I eat even if I'm not hungry or should I force myself to eat something? I wasn't sure. I know you need to eat regularly during the day to keep your metabolism up, but sometimes I am just not hungry, and the thought of eating makes me cringe. Like when you get so full you feel like if you take another bite you're going to get sick. I have been able to pretty much control my snacking at night, in fact except for maybe 2 or 3 days a week there is no urge to eat after dinner anyway. :shrug: Any advce I would appreciater it. Thanks!!!!

jiffypop 05-13-2003 11:47 PM

some people have told me that not eating during the day, especially skipping breakfast, is what givces us the munchies later in the day..

could you manage a protein shake or a protein bar?

Jennelle 05-13-2003 11:57 PM

I get like that, too, on occassion, especially when I eat really big dinners the night before. What I've found is that if I eat something within an hour of waking, regardless of my hunger level, it helps to kick-start my metabolism. On my non-hungry mornings, it can be something as small as a banana or a slice of peanut butter toast.

I've always heard you should stay away from eating all your calories late in the day, lest they just sit there turning into fat while you sleep.

Sean 05-14-2003 12:34 AM

Ever since I switched over to Atkins in April my appetite has also changed. I'm no longer hungry in the morning and, since my multivitamin makes me nauseated if I don't eat something, I have a small handful of almonds and a small cube of sharp cheddar every morning. Combined with a lot of water, this kickstarts my metabolism and I have plenty of energy until 2:30 or 3:30 when I have lunch. :)

So, to answer your question, I'd definitely eat something in the morning just out of principle. Even if it's just a few nuts, a handful of dry cereal (Puffed Kashi was a pre-Atkins favorite) or a small block of cheese. :D

BA99TJ 05-14-2003 10:13 AM

you should try to eat something - a little snack of protien would be perfect.

My faves are a low fat piece of string cheese, some peanut butter, a few almonds, a low fat pudding snack...

If you don't eat regularly you really funk up your metabolism. I know, its hard to psychologically get over "Well I'm not hungry so why should I eat?" But your body really needs regular meals to keep your metabolism functioning properly. :)

Your supposed to eat within 1 hour of waking up, then again within 5 hours of that, then a snack within 5 hours of that, dinner within 2 hours of the snack, and one final snack of protein about 1-2 hours before bed for optimal metabolism function.

SuchAPrettyFace 05-14-2003 11:39 AM

Don't eat something big if you're not hungry. Have a piece of fruit & a slice of toast or something else small, just so you have something in your stomach.