3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Milk... Poll + Comments! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/27622-milk-poll-comments.html)

missaprylj 05-13-2003 08:36 PM

Milk... Poll + Comments!

I was just wondering what kind of milk everyone drinks and if you feel that one milk is "better" healthwise or weight-loss wise. Please feel free to just give your opinons, I'm very curious. Thanks to everyone who replies. :D

rochemist 05-13-2003 08:47 PM

I am your cottage cheese and yogurt girl here. Milk blech!But calcium is very important for overall health!

Miss Chris

Sheila53 05-13-2003 08:50 PM

Yogurt and calcium pills for me.

Inca's Momma 05-13-2003 09:02 PM

I really don't mind skim milk, but my boss at work puts some out every evening for the work kitty before she goes home and when I come in the next morning it looks like antifreeze.....kinda scares me so I went back to whole milk.

anagram 05-13-2003 09:14 PM

I use 1 or 2% milk. I don't mind skim either but dh won't drink that. I really don't drink a lot of milk (though I like it) but do use it on cereal. Mostly my calcium comes from yogurt (incl. frozen), cottage cheese, cheese and supplements. I've become so unused to whole milk that when I do try some, it tastes off to me.

Charbar 05-13-2003 09:34 PM

have no problem drinking skim milk... I drink it all day :) very filling.. and good for you!

our cafeteria sells a container of milk for only 25 cents :D

SuchAPrettyFace 05-13-2003 09:39 PM

I drink & buy skim, but will drink 1% if I'm a guest in someone else's home.

gonzostar 05-13-2003 09:53 PM

i use skim on my cereal. that's about all the milk i ever have, unless i am eating something really spicy (it cools down my tongue).

i just don't like to drink my calories, even if it *is* milk!

Raelynn 05-13-2003 11:01 PM

I don't really like milk, but if I do drink it, it's usually skim or 1%.

Jennelle 05-14-2003 12:01 AM

I rarely drink milk and I rarely eat cereal, but I do use a splash of 2% in my coffee. I tried buying skim, but no one but me would use it. (Hubby even went out and bought 2% one morning at 7:00 a.m. rather than use some of the 3/4 of a gallon of skim in the fridge!)

As far as calcium goes, I eat copious amount of non-fat yogurt (usually 2-3 servings a day). For a quick, filling breakfast, I mix a container of non-fat yogurt with a cup of fat-free cottage cheese. It's yummier than it sounds!

Sean 05-14-2003 12:16 AM

When I did my first weight loss stint and dropped from 330 to 285 using a combination of Weight Watchers and The Hacker's Diet I drank Garelick Farms skim milk (the best tasting I've found, not watery at all). Now that I'm trying Atkins I'm not drinking milk at all...and I miss it! :( Ohwell...

irishgreengables 05-14-2003 12:20 AM

I drink both almond Milk and Soy Milk. Since our children cannot have dairy, we are trying to get used to alternatives. Also, dairy aggrivates my allergies so I try and stay away from it -- except for yogurt.

BA99TJ 05-14-2003 10:04 AM

I drink both skim milk and soy milk...

muelledk 05-14-2003 11:11 AM

When I was in college (the first time around) I did some research for a presentation for my Persuasion class where we had to be persuasive toward an idea that was generally disapproved of. My group discussed the amount of benificial calcium in milk (all kinds) compared to the negative benifits. I was shocked to learn that I get more benificial calcium in other foods like fish and cheese than I did from milk. I wish I still had some of the articles, but being 10 years later, I don't. I believe that Susan Powers wrote something about this topic, but I don't remember for sure. I quit drinking milk then, except for the little bit in my cereal. I do make sure to get my calcium other ways, like I always buy wonder bread (it has added calcium) and take calcium supplements.

SuchAPrettyFace 05-14-2003 11:36 AM

The fat in milk is the good kind of fat.