Tummy Bloating

• I started my plan 3-4 weeks ago (basically just eating healthier choices and smaller portions) and am "only" down 4lb, but I noticed that my stomach and midsection look a lot smaller...more than a 4lb loss smaller. I can now wear jeans that I could hardly breathe in before. Like many, I've dieted many different times, many different ways, but I don't ever remember changing my eating habits and having it cause such a difference in bloating.

Does anyone have any insight? Or even just a "yup, happened to me, too" would help ease my mind. Thanks!
  • I'm not sure if this will help or if this is what you mean.

But days that I drink so much water (like everyday!?) and eat a lot of veggies I seem to have a bigger bloat than days I am not as good with them.

I'll take the bloaty feeling even though it stinks over feeling lethargic and hungover from sugar highs and fat consumption any day.

I'm also not sure if I am imagining the bloat sometimes as my clothes still fit, I can just feel the bloat. Maybe it's because my stomach is filled with yummy filling foods and I'm not used to that!
  • Yep, this happened to me within the first week of eating right. It's a great feeling!
  • Thank you ladies!
  • I don't know if I have ever felt bloated. I don't know if I just don't notice it because of how big I am. Or maybe I don't bloat a lot? If water helps bloating, I've drank a lot of water most of the time no matter what.
  • I just stalled for a couple of weeks but did go down in clothing - which was really odd for me, the last time, it took about 35 lbs to get into the next size down, this time, I felt like I could really see a difference and wore some smaller clothing at 15 lbs.

So yeah, I think the scale doesn't always correlate with what is going on in our body.