Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #16  

Hi Everyone!! *waves to you all*

I am here lurking on your post, I didn't know where to start! I kept typing and deleting, typing and deleting.

I find it hard to do personals too to everyone, esp. once I go into advanced mode and can't scroll up.

Good for you, lunarsongbird, for skipping the cake. The days of anyone guilting me into food (or anything really) are so over! I kinda told my mother-in-law off this week as she p*ssed me off with her guilt-trip and I assume she's very angry as she never replied to me (and I do NOT care). I asked my husband if she called him yet and she hasn't. (She's sneaky like that and will cry to him that I was mean to her. Get OVER it. I have no time for guilt!) Sorry to go O/T there lol.

I started a thread earlier today and I am a little cranky (all as of this afternoon). So out of character for me and I don't like to be like this! I think I might go take my cutie Elvis for a walk to pound some pavement. He's the cutest doggy and I just hug him when I want to feel better and that wiggety-waggy tail warms my heart.

What are the big birthday plans, Lunar??
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #17  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
I thought about P90x too but I get bored easy with Videos and it might be a waste of money if I don't use it enough
Me too! I probably won't end up investing in it, but I still think about it. I don't think I would actually follow through with it in the long term though and it would be an expensive shelf decoration.
I'm hoping I will find a gym buddy by that time who can help me through some muscle strengthening exercises (probably a long shot).

I'm so jealous that you're training therapy dogs! That is such a great way to spend time.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #18  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I'm taking Friday off for my birthday! Woohoo!! I decided that I'm actually going to weigh-in on my birthday and take a class on motivation at the center. We are then heading over to my in-laws to have lunch at MoZaic.

Although to be honest, I'm not too excited about their menu (except for the bacon dusted onion rings!!). I hope they have some specials.
http://innatpalmerdivide.com/docs/Lunch_Menu.pdf

We are then going to Boulder to the Celestial Seasoning Tea tour:

That should be great fun!

And then DH is taking me to a surprise dinner location to meet a couple friends (who I actually originally met online). Very fun!
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Happy early b-day Lunar!

Mine is next month and they're already talking about cake up here LOL. And I am planning on a big giant piece let me tell you. The local lady that bakes cakes makes the absolute best buttercream frosting on the planet. It's a once a year thing so I'm not going to feel guilty about it and I doubt I do anything else special food wise so going to indulge.

I hope..... So far cheating has been met with a good dose of preemptive guilt to stop me from doing it.

I live in a pretty small town. We have a gym but its downtown with open windows and I'm just not comfortable enough yet to work out with the entire town watching. They do Zumba every Tues and Wed. night and one day I'll be brave enough to join. So I'm going to start walking now that it is warmer and not so dark after work. Hubby wants to get a weight bench so that sounds fun too.

On the plus side, beach has been gorgeous lately! Thinking about dragging my doggies down this weekend for a good walk and shell search.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Roo2 Yes we are in the upstate of SC only about eighty miles from NC. It is beautiful. I've been through Illinois you all have alot of corn lol. The people were really nice "even if they all thought I sounded odd lol"
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #21  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Lunar - that menu looks yum! If there isn't a daily special that appeals, feel free to have the Crab Cake Po' Boy for me!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #22  

Sounds like so much fun, Lunarsongbird!!! (except for the in-law lunch lol)

Bacon Dusted Onion Rings....hello heaven!

The Celestial Seasoning tour sounds awesome, do you get free samples of tea?

Last edited by elvislover324; 02-20-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: can't spell
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post

charliee- I've been very distracted my the "Real/Whole Foods Movement"
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whol...lifestyle-209/
I haven't been involved in the forum yet, but I am currently reading Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Plack.
On an unrelated noted- I'm also reading all the books that won "Books for a Better Life" Award (by the National MS Foundation). Currently I'm reading Messages from an Unknown Chinese Mother.
http://www.bookreporter.com/features...fe-awards-2011
Thanks for the suggestions. I bought "Real Food What to Eat and Why", and on a recommendation from a friend "Soulless" by Gail Carriger (for the nerd in me).

These should get me through at least a week or two.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #24  
Living Intuitively

:: sigh :: The snow is just dumping here. I'm a little bitter that my boss didn't give me the opportunity to leave a bit early. The roads are allegedly AWFUL and the police are closing some roads down. Boo.

I'll check back in once I get home. (And by a little bitter...I mean...a TON bitter).
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #25  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I'm excited. It seems that most of what I "gained" was water weight. Already lost "5 pounds" since my highest weight on my bad week. I tried my ATS "online class" yesterday and it was fun. I learned more moves. Gonna try it again in the morning.

Be safe lunar!

Last edited by Daimere; 02-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #26  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Tziri~ That's a big reason why I want to complete a round, I need strength training in my life!!! Haha, and my husband ordered Insanity for us, we are going to start it when he gets back on day shift, so that shall be quite interesting. I'm by no means in great shape, but the good thing about P90X is you can modify all of the moves, usually a person in the video is doing the modified version. I do love it!

Sushi
~ My husband just bought us a slow cooker and I didn't even thinking about how I could meal plan and freeze that kind of stuff! I will certainly have to start doing that and getting some good recipe ideas, that would help a TON for nights that he has to go to work! And welcome to the thread!

Lunar~ Sorry your boss was being a jerk and I hope you have made it home safely from all of the snow! Ttapp looks really cool, I will have to give that a shot! Sometimes yes, P90X can be torture, mainly the Ab Ripper and Plyometrics. LOL and the place y'all will be going for lunch looks beautiful, and taking a tea tour would be awesome! I wonder what your DH has in store for you!

Roo~ Well thank you, that's always good to hear! And nice to meet you! A wife, mom, caregiver, and a nurse that works night shift? Dadgum you kick booty! Also what breed are your dogs? That's really cool you are training them to be therapy dogs!

Elvislover~ Glad to see you here! I'm sorry it's been a kind of yuck day for you, I know some days are tough because so much is going on and it just gets to be too much. But regardless it's good to see you here! Going for that walk is a good plan (if you already did it then awesome!) so you just take in some deep breaths and just keep swimming!

FickleHearts~ Welcome to the thread! I know what you mean about having people watch you while you work out, that is something that has always bothered me for some reason. A walk on the beach with your doggies sounds amazing! I haven't tried Zumba with a class, but I have one DVD that is fun!

Daimere
~ Even if it was just water weight I'd still be excited and pat yourself on the back for losing the extra bit! What is ATS?

Today was another great day OP and I went for a jog/run with the children I nanny this afternoon, I put the youngest in the stroller and the others ran on the track with me. The oldest one was super fast, so it was a challenge to keep up with him (he got so far ahead, we run at the park where there is a 1/3 mile lap and a good view of the whole area). I am going to wake up early tomorrow morning and do Kenpo from P90X. I need the burn and then tomorrow night I am going to do upper and lower body strength moves. I figured for now I will use P90X as an option so I can keep variety in my exercise. Definitely going to have to check out the Ttapp though!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #27  
Living Intuitively

Gah. It took me two hours to get home.....something that usually takes 20 minutes- and is only 7 miles away. I saw two fire trucks needing to put on chains, 70-100 cars outside of my neighborhood stuck on the road, a semi truck rolling backwards on the interstate, many many cars facing the wrong way, pick up trucks trying to spin their tires enough to gain traction.

Sooo...stressful. I'm having a gin and tonic.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #28  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Quote:
Even if it was just water weight I'd still be excited and pat yourself on the back for losing the extra bit! What is ATS?
ATS is american tribal style bellydance. It's performed in a group and really simple to be honest. There are many different styles of bellydance and ATS is one of them. I want to get a foundation in ATS so then I can dance in tribal fusion. But having a strong Egyptian/cabaret style will help also.

There is all sorts of drama happening at work. I was slightly off plan this morning since I got some hot chocolate from an envelope. But it's still within my WW points limit. Yay.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #29  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Lunar, thank you for this! I love this idea.

Yet another great way for us to support one another.

I won't rub in the Florida weather - but let's just say I am going to plant a bunch of flower seeds and bulbs tonight when I get home from work.

I have recommitted to losing this weight and am on day 1 of the second half of my journey. 77 more pounds to lose. Thank goodness for Ideal Protein.

How is everyone's morning so far?
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #30  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
[B]

Sushi
~ My husband just bought us a slow cooker and I didn't even thinking about how I could meal plan and freeze that kind of stuff! I will certainly have to start doing that and getting some good recipe ideas, that would help a TON for nights that he has to go to work! And welcome to the thread!
My favorite thing to do is cook a whole chicken in the crock pot. It is so moist and tender. We have "baked" chicken for dinner, then I shred the leftovers for fajitas, wraps, salads, etc. Let me know if I can help. A lot of recipes for crock pots out there use cream based soups, so you might have to dig a little for healthier recipes or try some things on your own. Anything you can bake in the oven can go in a crock pot, and it saves money too because you can use "cheaper" cuts of meat and they come out juicy and flavorful! You'll love it!
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote