Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #151  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I gave DH Skyrim last Valentine's day, but he hasn't played it. -_- He's obsessed with Star Wars on PC.

Gosh, I'm so tired tonight. I think tonight I will relax and watch some tv.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Pink Hurricane- Those so delicious I'd love the full recipe
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Pink - I just finished with Skyrim again for the second time and about the time I finished, Dragonborn came out for the PC. Alas, I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur atm on the PC since the hubby hogged it all last year on the Xbox and promptly lost it so will have to get back to Skyrim when I'm done with it. We both absolutely love Borderlands, Halo, Mass Effect, all of them really. And Dead Space. Total gamer here too!

Lunar - he doesn't know what he is missing! Skyrim is a great game. I had to break myself off MMO's. I got tired of the gamer community in general with them, especially WoW. Will never understand why people have to get so nasty. We occasionally play GW's 2 when there isn't anything else out to catch our attention. And Bethesda is releasing a MMO for the Elder Scrolls pretty soon I think. I may check it out.

I had a good night. We went out to eat at a local steak house. Still no joy with my problem, but I figure it happens. Two more days till vacation. Was informed last night there is no internet connection there. Um.... I think I might die from withdrawal.... Cell phone data plan is about to get some use!
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Pink Hurricane, can I get that full recipe too? It sounds awesome!
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #155  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Pink Hurricane - post that recipe lady, that sounds amazing!! Do you have calorie/nutritional data on those?! Cus I'm thinking, from the sounds, you could have 4-6 of those for a reasonable amount!!

It's a good day. More morning bickering with the male type. Ugh. Things be getting tense, he's wanting counseling, but he doesn't want me to bring up issues a, b, or c. Well...then why the crap should I go?!?! If we're, read him, really wanting to change things and improve out relationship, then ALL of it needs to be in the open. Like my stepmom says, "Sometimes people just need to hear a professional tell them they're acting like a jack ***, hence, counseling". I don't know. I can't see the sense in even making the appointment, sitting there, chit chatting, at our expense and not being totally open about it. I'm not paying dude to have social time, I've got friends who do that for free.

Weather has everyone all stopped and sniffling. That horrible head cold, fuzzy headed, sleep all day thing. Except the baby. He's a tummy sleeper, so as soon as he flops on his tummy his little nose stops up and he sounds like a heffalump.

Hope everyone has an awesome Thursday!!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Thinforme I use a little recipe I sort of came up with on a whim! I make 'mini' wonton tacos. I use my 12-muffin muffin pan, all natural wonton wrappers, lean ground beef, salsa, black olives, green onions, taco seasoning, and a pinch of mexican shredded cheese on each one! I can give you the full recipe if you'd like!
Let's have a 3FC get-together and we can all go to your house for wonton tacos!! Sounds delish!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #157  
Moooove It

S/C/G: 255/248/150

Height: 5'4"

those wonton tacos sound amazing!! I can't have gluten, so the wonton wrappers are out. :-(

I'm having a good morning except that the chest pain from my hernia will not stop the last two days. I wonder if the high liquid content of my diet is aggravating it. It hurts. I hate it.

I started my Dr. recommended diet on Monday and I weighted 3 lbs down this morning at 245. That was encouraging. The hope is to lose 15lbs before my surgery which will be anytime 2-6 weeks from now.

I am absolutely HORRIBLE at writing things down and I know that I really need to keep track of what I'm eating. So I have decided to make a food photo journal on my facebook page( I made one for my blog). That way when I take the photos they automatically upload to that album. I'm committing to taking photos of everything I eat. I started yesterday morning and I think it's going to work for me!! I know it's not the same as writing it down, but with 4 kids, working from home and homeschooling, I feel like it's a good compromise.
MadCowOnTheMend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #158  
Living Intuitively

Madcow- Your photo album sounds wonderful!! I'm so glad that you made it to our board. Which surgery are you getting? Are you nervous? You've been thinking about for awhile now... Do you like your doctor? Also- I think it's awesome that you homeschool. Did you also have natural births? (Sorry- I'm ridiculously nosey. Please feel free to ignore all inappropriate questions.)

Ang, that's funny about counseling and not being able to bring up certain issues. I would definitely go to the therapist. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up bringing up those issues himself. Aww...You have yourself a baby heffalump.

Fickle, I agree with the gaming community. I just don't get it... I could be waiting 40 minutes for a boss to spawn that I need for a quest and some d-bag comes up and kills him just because he can? I can't stand that type of behavior. I used to play a lot of WoW. I don't really miss it.

So I have my official WI and I would like to officially be in the Two-Teens. I didn't really eat much yesterday so I was surprised to see the number on the scale today, because it was a bit higher then usual. I think I might have had TONS of sodium yesterday. In fact- I should start pounding the water now.

Also- I found this AWESOME program in Colorado that gives me free money to lose weight in Colorado!! I'm hoping I can get some 3FC members to join a team challenge, we'll see.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-colorado.html

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 03-07-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Mad Cow- do you have a android or I phone? There are a few awesome app's that count calories and nutrition. I like lose it but there is also my fitness pa l. they make logging so easy and I know loseit is fun and very easy to use.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #160  
Moooove It

lunarsongbird- I am having RNY bypass and repair of my hernia at the same time. The hernia is horrible and acts up any time my stomach is empty. So it's a lot when I'm on this diet and actually explains so much about my eating history. The pain is like a heart attack and lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours. I have had 14 hours of pit without an epidural in one of my births. I would do THAT again over this pain. No joke.
I planned natural births and homebirths. WOrked my rear off and ended up with c-sections. I am actually a birth professional and have a fantastic rate of helping others have natural birth (my c-section rate for them is .04%). I have a spinal issue that really did impact my births, although each one was planned to be a VBAC. I'm at peace with my experience and happy that I can encourage others with it. :-)

Thinforme- I do have an iPhone. Maybe I should consider the app when I get in a better routine. For now, the photos are less work with my crazy lifestyle and it's about all I can actually do successfully. And the photos being posted on my FB page five me extra support from people who "like" them or comment. It's very encouraging. You can find me on FB if you just search for Mad Cow On The Mend. It's a page, not a personal profile, so anyone can see it.

Oh,

Last edited by MadCowOnTheMend; 03-07-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #161  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Fickle - Vacation?! Alright, Im jealous. FUN! And I always make my own birthday plans. All that stuff means too much to me to let my husband do it.
ophelia - Hi, thanks!
lunar - Oh man, I sooo have a tough time keeping those kind of things from interfering in my workout plans. GOOD for you for making it happen even when the universe is throwing distractions at ya.
MadCow - HI! Looks like you might be my twin
Pink - Oh, morning workouts are the best. Its great to know that you got it in - nice job!
Angi - I've got domestic drama with my manfolk too, so I can feel ya on that one. For me, its just me being in a crappy (but temporary) spot and getting cranky with not getting help from him. He thinks he is being super supportive, which he is, just not in the flavor that actually HELPS me. Meh. I'm in counseling myself - mostly just learning to manage my ADHD, and I find it really helpful when there is manfolk drama to help get perspective alone. I agree with you, I cannot IMAGINE going to a counselor with the idea that "we absolutely will not discuss A, B & C. Seems silly for sure. Maybe you can backdoor it? Like, go in with him to a cognitive behavior therapist and stick to action items that aren't working for you. If they are connected to A, B & C - the therapist will key right in on that and say, "okay, whats going on with that?" Then leave it to husband to decide how he is going to manage resolving action item without bringing up A, B & C? And awww... heffalump.

I'm dealing with a fair amount of stress. We are preparing to move in 4 months, 3,200 miles to Seattle. *le sigh* I have been seeing a nutritionalist who is treating my "maybe" PCOS with a eating plan geared to very stable blood sugar. I think it has helped me get over my one month weight loss stall and it has certainly helped me avoid crabbiness in between meals. Those Diva Sni.ckers commercials? Totally me. So far I've lost 42lbs with diet alone. I KNOW I need to incorporate some exercise, just can't quite get my head in the game with all this other moving drama swirling around.

Last edited by SarahFairhope; 03-07-2013 at 12:34 PM.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #162  
Living Intuitively

Sarah, OOoooh....Seattle. I've always LOVED the Pacific Northwest. I'm going to be in seattle in June. Looks like I'll be missing you. Otherwise I would have suggested lunch! DH's Aunt lives in Seattle. Does your PCOS eating plan have you cutting out gluten and such?

Madcow, I'm just fascinated with birth. To the nth degree, really- I've combined the reading lists of all the doula certifying agencies- sorted them by how often the book is repeated- and those are the books that I have been reading first. Just finished Spiritual Midwifery. I'm on this wellness journey to heal as much as I can before having children.

Both of my parents have ulcerative colitis and neither have colons anymore. Just imagine what my gut flora will be like?! And I do NOT want to give that flora to my children. Also- I would really like to have home births and have already made contact with a midwife.

On another note- I'm trying to figure out if my abuela kitty has missing teeth. She won't really let me have a good look. She has gotten sick every day that I have had her. I don't know what cat food she was on before, so it could be change of cat food. It could be stress. Gosh, it could be SOOOO many things. What if she has kidney or liver failure? Or just IBD? Wouldn't that be ironic.. woman with IBD adopts cat with IBD. We're going to take her to the vet soon. I hate feeling anxious.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #163  
Moooove It

Sarah- My husband always talks about how wonderful Seattle is. He would move there in a second. The cold terrifies me. I'm a warm weather girl and I'm pretty sure our brood of children would revolt. But it always looks so lovely in photos and movies. I do love rain. I'm sure the move will be intense, but I bet you'll love it. And yes, you look like my closest twin!!

lunarsongbird- Yeah!! Being educated is absolutely the best way to give birth!! It's fantastic that you are preparing so well. First time parents are often so shocked by all of the information they need. No matter what the outcome of a birth is, having the information to make informed decisions, confidently, can change everything. Keep it up!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #164  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Ugh! I went to get gas plus some quick healthy food at kroger and locked myself (sans phone) out of my car. Had to ask the lady beside me to use her phone (which was in spanish and a blackberry that I had no clue how to operate). Wait for my husband to come, call AAA, wait for AAA, and then he hat trouble getting it unlocked. UGH. I'm hardly going to get sleep now.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #165  
Living Intuitively

Oh no, Damiere! UGH! Did you lock yourself out in front of the pump? I did that one time. I felt awful. What a pain.

Why no sleep?

I'm at work. It's only 1:31 here and I'm feeling great. I don't know why my mood is so wonderful today, but I need to figure it out so that I can replicate it!