3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   So it just dawned on me... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/275624-so-just-dawned-me.html)

FickleHearts 02-13-2013 09:04 AM

So it just dawned on me...

I've almost lost 25 lbs. I started out with 105 to lose and am now about to only be looking at 80.

Normally I'd go, well sigh, still 80 more to go, but this time? I only have 80 to go. 80 is a whole lot better than 105 :D

Things that weigh 25 lbs:

an average 2 yr old
a 25 lb barbell plate
a bowling ball
25 one lb full butter boxes
a small dog (my dog actually LOL )
10 ft metal chain
5 bags sugar
25 foot balls
a 19 inch flat screen T.V.
3 one gallon jugs of water

Put in that perspective, I think this time I can really make my goal! :carrot:

Silverfire 02-13-2013 09:12 AM

Awesome!! That is some great progress you are making :) You are nearly 1/4th of the way there. What a great feeling that must be! Congrats and keep it up, you will have reached your goal in no time :woohoo:

lunarsongbird 02-13-2013 09:20 AM

I love thinking that it's a 1/4 of your journey done. That's amazing!

the shiv 02-13-2013 09:32 AM

Congrats!! I like your list :) Can you imagine carrying one of those things around with you all day? You must feel so much better! :D

MablesGirl 02-13-2013 09:57 AM

You are making great progress! I'm sure your knees, joints, and heart are thanking you already! Keep it up.

Roo2 02-13-2013 10:49 AM

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::congrat::congrat::congrat :Love ,Love ,Love The Positive Way of looking at your weight loss!
I think attitude can greatly impact our health and in the end progress with weight loss. When we are constantly fretting and obsessing about things we release stress hormones.
I find sending myself positive messages have helped in my weight loss.
I wish we could quit wasting time looking for the magic pill or cure that will rid of obesity. .and spend more time clearing out negative messages that we send ourselves and replace them with positive affirming ,accepting messages that add to our life and sense of well being.
Studies are out there how attitude can impact our health and happiness.
Happiness is a choice...we just have to embrace the simple things and be grateful for what is in front of us !
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

penmage 02-13-2013 11:01 AM

Congratulations on your progress! :cheer3:

SarahFairhope 02-13-2013 11:05 AM

I loove the weight breakdown!! That is awesome. Great job!

FickleHearts 02-13-2013 11:21 AM

Well so far with just 25lbs, my blood pressure is near perfect, my blood sugar is normal at fasting levels again, and I've noticed I sleep a bit better. I've gone down two sizes and already this size is getting loose.

I am hoping to be in the 190's by the end of June, which means we can start the family planning :) I'm enjoying the steady WL's so far, but past experience says it won't last. I got to the 170's once before, I can do so again! From there, goal is so very close :D This time around when I started I was just so focused on the initial number I had to lose, which was really blinding me to the fact that any loss is a good thing. Here's hoping this time I won't sabotage things when I get there again.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm going home and picking up my dog and will probably giggle the rest of the day about it LOL

elvislover324 02-13-2013 11:24 AM

This time losing weight was (is) so different than ever before.

I started with mini goals, such as trying to get under 300lbs. Then I got hooked on joining the daily threads that go by weight (the 300s, the 290s, the 280s, etc.). Then breaking the 270 mark meant that I had lost 50lbs! That motivated me to work on getting under 250. And the motivation continued. Now my goal is to get to the 2-teens and it will seem unreal to see 219.9 on the scale, I swear it will be me dreaming.

I have 199 as my goal weight as it was a bit intimidating to see "129lbs" to go on the ticker, I couldn't take much more than that. But now that I am sliding into homeplate soon, I am trying to think of what my new goal will be. And it's fun!!!

You are doing a great job, so motivating and inspirational!

Edited to add-----how the heck did I carry 12 gallons of water every day? Wow. That made me literally gasp.

Tziri 02-13-2013 11:35 AM

25 pounds is a great loss (especially when all the smaller clothes start fitting :) )! Congrats!
Another 25 pounds from now you will be well over halfway done. The first 20 or 25 always seems a little sigh-worthy (at least it was for me), but they start stacking up and you starting getting really excited for another 20 lb loss!

chubbiegurl 02-13-2013 12:02 PM

The glass is a 1/4 full, great job focus on getting it half full for now one day at a time! Great job!

betsy2013 02-13-2013 12:04 PM

Congratulations! Your idea of thinking of things that weigh 25 pounds is a great motivator. This time around, I've started filling a garbage can with sand to equal my weight loss. I'm already having trouble picking it up after 28 pounds. I put it there to remind me that I don't ever want to carry this much weight around again. Don't know what I'll do with those cans if I ever leave this house!

April Snow 02-13-2013 12:33 PM

Congrats on your loss, that's great!!

And it really is a great reminder of what it feels like to carry around those heavy things and imagine walking around with that every single minute.

forreal 02-13-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FickleHearts (Post 4631667)
I've almost lost 25 lbs. I started out with 105 to lose and am now about to only be looking at 80.

Normally I'd go, well sigh, still 80 more to go, but this time? I only have 80 to go. 80 is a whole lot better than 105 :D

Congratulations - you're doing great and you have the right attitude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by betsy2013 (Post 4631949)
Congratulations! Your idea of thinking of things that weigh 25 pounds is a great motivator. This time around, I've started filling a garbage can with sand to equal my weight loss. I'm already having trouble picking it up after 28 pounds. I put it there to remind me that I don't ever want to carry this much weight around again. Don't know what I'll do with those cans if I ever leave this house!

Maybe you should switch to those big water bottles instead of sand! :D