Love yourself. Love yourself unconditionally. Love yourself with everything you have got, every ounce of strength and courage that you can muster, because at the end of the day it’s just you, alone with your thoughts. Love yourself because you have suffered enough. Love yourself because you deserve every possible good thing that you are keeping out of your life when you’re deeply submerged in the muck of confusion and self-doubt.
It is so easy to sit and list all the things you hate about yourself and your body while you are on this journey to get healthy and discover the you that you have always wanted to be. But in honor of the upcoming holiday of Love I want us to think about 5 things that we really LOVE about ourselves and our bodies, post them and discuss our feelings.
My name is Belinda, and I love myself enough to take care of myself first and foremost, for the first time in my life.
1. People always comment/compliment me on my sparkling blue eyes.
2. I have very long, slim beautiful fingers.
3. I have a smooth clear complexion.
4. I love the fact that my body is strong and flexible especially my legs and arms.
5. My curves. They might not be Victoria Secret material (well, all of Victoria’s Secret models are photo-shopped and wear a heck of a lot of padding in their bras anyways) but I love them!
What a great thread to start, perfect to go with my day. I'm a little stressed as I had surgery yesterday that the results determine my whole future (having a baby or a hysterectomy). I know I am not defined totally by my reproductive organs but it sure does feel that way at the moment.
Things I love about myself:
1. I am a nice person and treat people as I would like to be treated.
2. I think I am quite funny and since most people laugh at my silliness and goofy jokes, I really might just be!
3. I believe I have a kind heart and felt so special when my sister said she wished she was thoughtful like me. I never knew she felt that way so it was a double compliment.
4. I finally realized I can do anything I put my mind to. I have lost 100lbs since last summer and can't even believe I made it through the first 10, nevermind 100.
5. I love that I am finally learning to love myself, with all of my faults and the trials and tribulations I put myself through. I am learning to be nicer to me too.
I hope I answered this the way you wanted SmallSteps, once I started writing it got incredibly difficult to find things about me that I love. And then I carried on like I usually do!
Thank you for starting this post. I can't wait to be inspired by others' replies.
1. I have an awesome waist.
2. I have an hourglass figure.
3. My consultant says I'm one of the strongest clients she has ever worked with. 39 pounds of muscle!
4. I have childbearing hips.
5. I usually have a pretty nice skin and I don't normally wear makeup.
__________________ "Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.