new to this. very nervous.

• [CO
    So this is my first time ever joining something like this. I am 5'9" and i weigh 270. Im trying for a life style change. I have started a new way of living and im just tryin to make this work. I have tried so many other diets and work out fads out of magazines. So i heard about somethin new and have been doin it for about 3 weeks now. Its called the paleo diet and so far its been workin. I have gone from 290 to 270 in that time including how much i move around at work. I am not big on working out. Trying to still get motivated. I am also very new at the internet thing so im sorry about that.
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
  • Welcome and best of luck. One more thing add your starting weight to your profile u earned those 20 lbs having started at 290!
  • Welcome!!! This is a wonderful place for support! Many, many, people have great success with the Paleo way of eating. It's a very sustainable way of eating! Glad you are here!

• I agree, Paleo is a very sustainable way of eating! I eat rather paleo like- and I love it. Not only for weight loss, but for my health.
  • Welcome!! I've also heard that lots of people have had success following the paleo eating guide. Good work on the 20lbs loss. Thats awesome.

I also dont care for working out. Still trying to find something I enjoy doing that just so happens to be a work out. So far, I think finding the right thing that works for you is just trial and error. I hope you find this place as supportive as I have found it.
  • Steph, welcome aboard the weight loss train!!! Congrats on your loss so far, that is fantastic!
    Stay positive, and read the boards every day for support.
    YOU GOT THIS! KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!!!!
  • from another Coloradan!

And congrats on making such great progress already!

There is a thread with others doing Paleo, so that could be another place to get support and discuss specific questions you have about your plan, in additional to more general support here and in many other forums on 3fc

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...eo-primal.html
  • and on your 20 pound loss
  • Steph - You've come to a fantastic and welcoming community. You'll do great!
  • Welcome and congratulations on losing the first 20 lbs! That's definitely something to be proud about.
  • Welcome, congratulations, and best wishes towards your weightloss journey! Sounds like you are taking a very healthy approach which is great.
  • From one Steph to another: Welcome! Congrats on your 20 lb weight loss. I hope that you have great success on the paleo diet.
  • Welcome to the Family!! Every journey starts with a single step, you are on your way.