What's your Super Bowl snack plan?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Anyone come up with something yummy and on-plan?
  • Yes. Not to watch the game! Seriously, I'm treating it like any other day and my planned snack for midafternoon is 3 tbl of homemade hummus and 10 baby carrots. Other than that, nothing special planned. (Of course, what I want is what I had in previous years which was enough food to feed a small nation for a month, but that's not going to happen any more.)
  • I'm eating dinner before I go (I actually just thought about it when I saw this thread-so thank you!) We're going to one of my best friend's house, and she's one of those people who if she doesn't see something healthy on the menu, will ask for a special order of some kind of salad. I know she won't mind if I bring some of my own snacks, so I'm considering a 100 cal bag of popcorn and some fruit. I want to munch, but I don't want to get crazy! I also bought a gallon of diet green tea to bring. When I was a kid, my mom used to make stromboli for the super bowl, and I'd eat until I was sick. Hopefully not this year!
  • When I go to somebody's house for any kind of party, I bring the fruit and veggie trays. The host(ess) is usually thankful to not have to perform the tedious task, and I know I will have something yummy and on-plan.

My mom makes baked buffalo wings that taste as good as the real thing, they're just succulent and juicy instead of being crispy. I have to limit those because the wing is a pretty calorie-laden part of the chicken, but it saves me from eating a pile of nachos as big as my head.

We also make kielbasa,pork and sauerkraut in the Crock Pot; I get a huge pile of sauerkraut (about 35 cals/cup) and enough kielbasa coins just for the taste. As long as I eat it slowly and keep my glass of diet pop nearby, I can keep myself happy without eating too much.
  • Game time is 4:30 here so eating dinner before isn't an option.

But I'm really looking forward to my on plan (low carb) game food

cucumber round "crackers" with light aloutte cheese
    kale chips
    shrimp cocktail with homemade no sugar cocktail sauce
    green salad
    zucchini tots - a recipe I'm trying out today using oat bran - allowed on my plan rather than breadcrumbs, which aren't
    recipe: http://thetwobiteclub.blogspot.com/2...hini-tots.html
  • reporting back on the zucchini tots. I had to bake them for longer, but I guess my muffin tins are bigger and not mini-muffins? I thought they were the small ones, with 12 on a normal sized muffin pan. ETA: I am clearly wrong about that, and just ordered a mini muffin pan. I think that will make them even better.

Anyway, next time, I will spice things up a little more, these are a little bland. Nothing I can't remedy with a little bit of seasoning sprinkled on but will add more to the mix the next time, and there will definitely be a next time.

This was also the first time I made kale chips - those are really good!

Everything's cooling down and I'm staying out of the kitchen so I don't nibble it all before it's time to pack it up to take to the party! lol! But who knew I'd have to force myself to stop nibbling too much kale and zucchini?
  • I'm saving my IP southwest cheese curls from my lunch so I can snack on them during the game.
  • Just at home with the 7 year old as my older son (16) and husband are gone skiing (my MIL just does her own thing). We ate a big bowl of popcorn. My food choices today stunk, but I stuck to my calorie plan. Won't be eating during game time as I'm an early morning/early day eater.
  • I was planning to make curried (deviled) eggs to take with us, but my daughter has a fever so we're staying home. I have bunch of hard-cooked eggs, though!
  • I have what appears to be the stomach flu. So my "on-plan" is happening by default.
  • Well, I ended up having a beautiful steak with peppercorn sauce and a beer. Lovely
  • Didn't go to a party so I just ate dinner at home and had a Greek yogurt and some peanuts as a snack
  • I took the game as a time to make it my splurge day. I made an ultra thin crust spinach pizza and had some ruffles chips. And it was really good

• Chicken sausages with three different type of mustards.

Isn't that purple cauliflower gorgeous?

I also brought homemade spinach-artichoke dip and made organic baked Buffalo wings from whole Foods. I made a honey siracha wing sauce along with a blue cheese and scallion dipping sauce.

I brought a fancy beer that I only had one glass of:

Overall, I was really happy with my choices. I drank a lot of sparkling water with fruit in it.
  • chicken tenderloins on the grill with buffalo sauce
    salad
    baked potato bar with low fat fixins (and I had a sweet potato instead of regular)

sorry, but i MUST have 1 bloody mary. been thinking about it for weeks! LOL