At the Metabolic Research Center, I get two free weeks of program if I attend 6 classes they offer a month. So I go to all the meetings they offer every Saturday. I attended a meeting last week called, "How to Lose 10 Pounds Quickly." Perhaps like you- I TOTALLY rolled my eyes when I saw that title. Ugh.
I figured they were going to talk about supplements and some crazy diet. However- I was quite surprised.
Here is what was covered:
1. Use foods that love your body.
2. Start moving- it helps with longevity, brain function, and depression.
3. Start a daily practice- make them value aligned intentions, so visualizations, chanting, prayer, affirmations, or daily acts of gratitude.
4. Appreciate your body.
5. Learn the new math of beauty ideals. (The average woman is 5'4" and 140 pounds. A model is 5'11" and 117 pounds. Our beauty ideals are totally warped.)
6. Stop negative talk.
7. Start loving yourself.
8. Ask loving questions.
9. Maintain loving connections in your life (Woohoo! Check! One down...I found 3FC!)
10. Eliminate excuses.
11. Alter your beliefs if need be.
12. Turn to higher source thinking.
13. Offer forgiveness to others and yourself.
Thoughts? MRC thinks that weight loss is like a three-legged stool- mind, body and spirit. They want us to work on all three.