Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default Thoughtful Thursday ~ New Topic

You have a choice between two options:

Option 1: Pay it Forward. Show a stranger a random act of kindness and then write about it. How did it make you feel knowing that you stepped in to make someone’s life a bit easier? How did that person react?

By making yourself acute to your surroundings this week, you’ll most likely have several opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life. You can choose a simple act of holding the door for a new mother trying to maneuver her stroller into a store, or paying a compliment to a passerby on his or her outfit. If you want to go a bit bigger with this exercise, you might buy that cup of coffee for the person standing in line behind you at your local café hangout, help an elderly person find his or her car in a parking lot, or take a stuffed animal to your local hospital and leave it for a child in need. No matter what you do, embrace the feeling you will get in knowing that you’re making someone else’s life better – even if it’s only for a moment. That is a major self esteem-booster.

Option 2: Put yourself first. Perform an act of kindness for yourself and then write about it. What did you choose to do? How did it make you feel afterwards?

Lovingly treat yourself to something you’ve been putting off, or wouldn’t normally consider. Maybe you’ve been wanting a manicure or pedicure. Arrange for some alone-time and grab yourself a glass of wine and a good book. Get a facial, or a new haircut. Light some candles, put on some relaxing music and take a hot bubble bath. Whatever you decide to do, just be good to yourself, because you deserve it. When you begin realizing your own self worth and make a point to regularly act upon it, your self esteem will only continue to grow.

Last edited by SmallSteps; 01-17-2013 at 06:06 PM.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm putting myself first this time. I'm having a handyman in to do some minor repairs around the house. The kind of things that you can get away with ignoring because they aren't non-functional, but they aren't 100% either. They are a low level irritation every day even when I'm ignoring them.

I'm looking forward to taking away that low level of permanent irritation. I think it will be very good for my stress levels, which will make my whole life better.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #3  
Come on, skinny love

S/C/G: 290/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Ok... I'll try doing something for someone else. I'll keep my eyes open for an opportunity today!
Veneficae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I am very good at paying it forward...but it is REALLY hard for me to be kind to myself. I suppose I will have to work on that.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote