Oy Vey

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Wow.

Thats one word that I will keep repeating. I MADE IT 20 MILES!

After officially registering this morning at 7:45 am at the Boston Common, I begain my walk. It is a beautiful sunny day, cool, but not too cold. The perfect day to be out walking. The route starts and ends at the Boston Common and goes through the towns of Brookline, Newton, Watertown, Cambridge, and then back to Boston. The last 4 miles are along the Charles River, which is an absolutely wonderful view (you can look out across the river and see Downtown Boston in view).

For some reason I finised exactly at the 5hr mark, so I averaged 4 miles an hour (not a blazing pace, but steady).

I work downtown (just a few minutes from the Common) and so I am writing this from there. I just took off my sneakers and I know my feet are going to swell up and I won't be able to put them on!

It was alot of fun, and there were great people involved. Plus its a good cause and that makes it worth it.
  • Great Job Matt!!! I admire you so much for even attempting a 20 mile walk, much less finishing it. You deserve one great big ATTABOY!
  • WAY TO GO MATT!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!! WAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • YEAH MATT!!!! You're an inspiration to all of us!! 4 MPH is a pretty darn good pace!
  • 4 MPH is a really good pace over 20 miles! (****, 4 mph for me is pretty well jogging! )

Great job, Matt!
  • You go Matt!

Miss Chris
  • Way to go!!
  • Way to GO! and I do mean GO! 4 MPH is moving fast for me. It is flying!
  • WAY TO GO MATT!!!! That's so awesome! It's been said above, but that's so incredible, and super encouraging. Great inspiration. I would love to keep a 4mph pace, even for 6 miles

Rest your tootsies--they deserve it.

(tootsies, that's what my mom always used to call our toes and feet when we were little girls , I still think it's cute)
  • Yay!!!! Whoo-hoooooo!!! That is SO GREAT! Seriously... I can't even IMAGINE walking 20 miles. :O Great Job! -Apryl
  • WOW! i am happy if i can keep 4 miles an hour up for 2 mile much less 20! WAY TO GO!
  • WoooooHoooooo!!!!

20 miles is just amazing!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • I am so impressed! I hope you celebrated somehow. Maybe you should get a pedicure now -- seriously -- men who get them say they LOVE them!! Your feet certainly deserve it.

Peace,
    Paula
  • IMPRESSED!!!!

wow!!!! 20 miles.. that's my commute to work. and it takes me about 25 minutes with no traffic. i can't imagine walking it, let alone at 4 mph!!!

you are FABULOUS, matt!!!!
  • Thanks everyone for your support!

I've been looking into other charity walks for this year. I can't wait to do it another one soon.