Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #46  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quinoa (Read: Costco Quinoa Salad... )
Chia Seeds, I have been trying to add a tsp to anything I can, also I am trying to have a couple tsp with a glass of water before bed to make sure that things get moving in the morning (seems to be working pretty well too)
Help Hearts - more awesome to sprinkle on just about anything.

I saw something about baked beets... Totally going to try them that way, sounds awesome. I love beets.

Last edited by Silverfire; 02-11-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

One of my new favorite go-to foods is broccoli slaw. I was never a fan of broccoli in the past, and still have some trouble (from a texture standpoint) with whole florets. However, the bags of broccoli slaw with carrots and cabbage are awesome! Often, I'll dump the whole bag into a pan with a little sauce and protein for a very low-cal stir fry.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #48  
Becoming A Better Me

Asparagus!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #49  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Chia Seeds- I even make Chia seed jam out of crushed strawberries, a little water, a squirt of agave, mix in some chia seeds. Give it a quick mix and let it sit in the fridge it wonderful on toast or in oatmeal and it low cal, low sugar and super yummy. Oh and 1/2 Tblspn of Chia in my oatmeal every morning.
Low Calorie Bread- has been a life saver for me. Sad I know but hey it has.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #50  
fatty

S/C/G: 272/202.8/119

Height: 5'7

Activa yogurt. all the flavors are so good! and only 60 calories
green beans - i wouldnt say i couldnt live without them but im starting to like them
salad - grilled chicken ceasar salad, omg i could eat it everyday!
destyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #51  
Becoming A Better Me

Avocados - in salads on wraps for dips just everything
Nonfat plain yogurt- in place of mayonaise or sour cream in any and everything.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #52  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Grilled vegetables. Little EVOO, little salt and pepper...maybe some Ms Dash. Yummo!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #53  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Coconut oil! While not an actual food that I eat by itself, I used to have a heavy hand with oils/butter when cooking. A little of this stuff goes a long way.

Cucumbers are another one. I used to avoid them like the plague, but now I'm putting them in every salad I make. I even used the finer tooth on the cheese grater (not the one you can grate nutmeg on, but the side of the box grater that's a little smaller than the large tooth) to add a bit of cucumber to guacamole/yogurt-less tzatziki sauce.
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

Avocados - in sandwiches, in salads, etc. I even have a new recipe I found called Crab Stuffed Avocado. YUM!

Chobani Yoghurt - it is so yummy, I could seriously live off it.

Berries - I love berries, but ever since I started this journey I have become obsessed with them.
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #55  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

I've been replacing a locally raised honey with all sugar in my cooking. It's sooooo good and my family needs the honey since our allergies are rough.

My current eat every day food is green beans. They're fresh from the yard and I've been experimenting like crazy. My favorite supper dish with the green beans is 1.5 oz of green beans wrapped in 1 slice low calorie bacon. I mix honey, garlic, tiny bit of worcestershire sauce together and make a glaze. They're awesome and just under 50 calories per bundle. SO good!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #56  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Even at my heaviest, I never avoided healthy food. To grossly misquote Will Rogers, I've rarely met a food I haven't liked."

For the most part I achieved and maintained a very morbidly obese weight, not on an entirely unhealthy diet, but on what I added to the healthy diet. Sometimes the "extras" were unhealthy or less healthy foods, but more often it was healthy foods in unhealthy quantities.

Brussels sprout made the very short list of foods that I hated. For at least the past twenty years (since learning that beets and peas were no longer on my food-hate list) I've gone out of my way to periodically retry foods I've disliked in the past.

Brussels sprouts were near the top of my hate list, just under applesauce (one of the few foods I refuse to retry, because the texture makes me gag).

I found a way to prepare Brussels sprouts in a way I do like (roasted with some fat) and eating them retrained my taste buds enough that now I even like them steamed or boiled.

Until a few years ago, I would have never believed I could learn to enjoy brussels sprouts.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #57  

Great thread! It has given me some new ideas.

New items for me are

Olive oil on a salad. Love this with some vinegar and sliced olives.

Walden Farms Thousand Island dressing. Perfect on a salad and great mixed with horseradish for a cocktail sauce for shrimp. Lo carb! So glad I read about this product on this site.
Hershey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #58  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Fage plain Greek yogurt. Add ranch dressing seasoning, dip the veggies! YUM!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

kaplods - You mentioned brussels sprouts and I'm right there with you. I think I'd only had them boiled in the past, but I adore them braised or grilled. So good. Someone asked if I was on a diet because I was eating "crazy stuff like Brussels sprouts for lunch" and my honest reaction was "Oh my god, I love Brussels sprouts!"

What else... recently I'm absolutely loving 2 frozen Van's waffles + canned Splenda-sweetened apple pie filling + vanilla greek yogurt for breakfast. It's so tasty and filling and only about 300 calories.

I also am in love with air-popped popcorn. I went on Amazon and got a "Misto" sprayer, but instead of putting oil in it, I put white vinegar. Now I mist my popcorn with white vinegar and sprinkle a variety of flavors on it - Ketchup and Sour Cream & Onion powders are my favorites.

I quite recently discovered Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough protein bars. They really do taste like warm cookie dough after being in the microwave. It's kind of amazing. However they're dense and filling enough I don't find myself in danger of chowing down on a bunch of them in a row.

I've never disliked most standard healthy foods, I just didn't go out of my way to eat them. But I do particularly love asparagus, artichoke hearts, dill pickles, and veggies w/ lite ranch dip.

OH! And fresh baby spinach salad! I have HATED spinach forever, and I still dislike it cooked, but I realized I actually find fresh spinach quite pleasant.

Last edited by my2cats; 06-20-2013 at 11:26 PM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 307/293/180

Such a great thread! I agree about raw almonds, black coffee, and wheat pasta.

I had forgotten how good cucumbers taste in water with some mint and lemon. It really is like drinking in a day at the spa!
julia820 is offline   Reply With Quote