Your Favorite Mini-Goals

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • As I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey- I have been contemplating mini-goals.

What have you been some of your favorite mini-goals?
  • I am excited to hear responses to this topic. I have only done weight-related ones, but I am considering adding exercise or strictness-to-plan mini-goals. Something to break up thr monotony of what really is a long slog. :-)
  • My mini goals are more materialistic vs. pounds. I like to measure mini goals by clothes, necklaces (without extenders even!), how much room is between me and my steering wheel, sitting at a restaurant booth, etc.

Some of them I already met so it's definitely added to my motivation! My husband had Chinese food for dinner last night and it smelled sooooo good. But the jeans I have hanging for my next mini goal are far more important to me than chicken fingers and egg rolls. 6 months ago I would have gone for the Chinese food!
  • I used little milestones- 10 pounds, 10%, BMI changes, as well as exercise levels. Granted, I haven't come as far as many of the others, but so far, it has worked.
  • I try to look for things around my house that weigh what I've lost... and then I look for something that weighs the same as the next milestone. It just amazes me when I haul the cat litter in. I use the small bags, they weigh ten pounds each. Even though I've only lost one (almost 2!) of them, I can't believe how many of them I'm carrying around! At 20 pounds, I will have lost an AUTOMOBILE TIRE! What a great visual that is. When I reach my goal weight, I will have lost the equivalent of a baby giraffe. LOL!
  • Quote: I used little milestones- 10 pounds, 10%, BMI changes, as well as exercise levels. Granted, I haven't come as far as many of the others, but so far, it has worked.
    These are excellent mini-goals. And you have come PLENTY far! You have lost 60 POUNDS! Amazing!! You are halfway to your goal!!
  • Look under my ticker... it's been five pound increments for me. Often when I reach my five pound mini goal I'll get myself a new lipstick, stationery, new hair clippie, special hand or body lotion, a pair of new socks, and such.

I too am looking forward to someday not being morbidly obese, obese or maybe overweight.

Onederland is a goal that is something I really look forward to.

Also, a dress or top that fits that didn't fit before.
  • Hitting the 130s but I would have to say getting to the 120s will be my favorite, cause that will mean I am almost done. Sometimes when I carry my 20 lbs kettle bell upstairs and think man this is heavy, I can't believe not to long ago I was naturally carrying those lbs up those stairs.
  • Moving down each "decade" - from the 250s into the 240s, etc. - is always a big deal to me.
  • Quote: Moving down each "decade" - from the 250s into the 240s, etc. - is always a big deal to me.
    I think this will be very exciting for me, as well. I think I will get a charm for a Brighton bracelet for each 10 pounds. Wearing it will remind me how far I've come and how I need to keep going.

I can't WAIT to get to onderland....it's been quite sometime since I've visited there.
  • I can't believe how SKINNY I am going to feel when I get to one-derland. The last time I was in the 190s I felt like I was so big then. Isn't weird how our minds change over time?
  • Quote: I can't believe how SKINNY I am going to feel when I get to one-derland. The last time I was in the 190s I felt like I was so big then. Isn't weird how our minds change over time?
    Same here. I think I will appreciate hitting goal so much more. I just didn't realize that I had hit goal last time. I got to 149 and wanted to be at 135.
  • I use five pound mini goals, plus the goal of onederland
  • Quote: Same here. I think I will appreciate hitting goal so much more. I just didn't realize that I had hit goal last time. I got to 149 and wanted to be at 135.
    149!! I'd feel like I was a piece of paper lol. I think 199 will be an instrumental moment (yes, I will literally hear "ta-dah" type music!) since I am determined to never ever go back over. Of course easier said than done but I am so over being in the 200s.