3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Your Dream Outdoor Workout Space (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/272898-your-dream-outdoor-workout-space.html)

lunarsongbird 01-08-2013 08:54 AM

Your Dream Outdoor Workout Space

This morning I watched yesterday's Biggest Loser Episode. (Wow. Yes, I do think this show is a bit controversial.)

So in this season of the Biggest Loser- all three trainers got to design their own outdoor workout space. It was interesting to see how all three had very different spaces.

If you got to design your own outdoor exercise space- what would it look like? What would be included? How often do you think you would visit?

BeachBreeze2010 01-08-2013 03:43 PM

Mmmm....nice thought!! Last year in February I was in Florida for a week and had the best run of my life! It was about 73 degrees outside with just enough sun to brighten my mood and warm my face and shoulders, a mild wind along the water and a view of the beach and quaint beach houses and winter flowers the whole way. I barely felt like I was working out. I wasn't hot and sweaty because of the wind and I wasn't bored because of the scenery. Too bad I can't take that back to Ohio!!

So, that would be my dream workout space - a boardwalk along the beach on a mild day.

Nice post! Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I can try to visualize that during my next run.

jenicra 01-08-2013 04:05 PM

I didn't see the show, but all I know is that it would have an AMAZING pool space and a swingset (normal adult-sized swing, tire swing, monkey bars, parallel bars, slide - the whole shebang!).

elvislover324 01-08-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenicra (Post 4581473)
I didn't see the show, but all I know is that it would have an AMAZING pool space and a swingset (normal adult-sized swing, tire swing, monkey bars, parallel bars, slide - the whole shebang!).

^^^ I'll go visit Jenicra every day!

lunarsongbird 01-08-2013 04:28 PM

I would definitely want a beautiful pergola, covered in grapevines with bamboo flooring underneath. Some neat laterns would be filled with armotherapy candles. This would be a great place for any body work...yoga, pilates.

I would also love a pool.

Come to think of it....I really do think that I could possibly make that outdoor yoga space really happen in my yard someday!

elvislover324 01-08-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarsongbird (Post 4581504)
I would definitely want a beautiful pergola, covered in grapevines with bamboo flooring underneath. Some neat laterns would be filled with armotherapy candles. This would be a great place for any body work...yoga, pilates.

I would also love a pool.

Come to think of it....I really do think that I could possibly make that outdoor yoga space really happen in my yard someday!

^^^^ Ok ok, I will alternate between Jenicra's and lunarsongbird's house. Both sound wonderful!! (We are getting pool boys too right???)

sluggerbean 01-08-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4581521)
^^^^ Ok ok, I will alternate between Jenicra's and lunarsongbird's house. Both sound wonderful!! (We are getting pool boys too right???)

:rofl:

I love this!!!

Daimere 01-09-2013 09:05 AM

I would want a covered space that's at least 10 x 10 x 10 feet, with an even and flattish surface for awesome hooping. A pool would be amazing.