3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   20 Snack Ideas! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/27041-20-snack-ideas.html)

missaprylj 04-26-2003 03:05 PM

20 Snack Ideas!

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!
Here are 20 snack ideas from the Fitness section @ MSN.com. The best part? They're all 200 calories or less. :-D

1. Veggies and dip
Cut one large cucumber, one large carrot and a celery stalk into sticks. Mix a pouch of dry onion soup mix into a container of fat-free sour cream. Dip your veggies into one-half cup of dip.

2. Seasoned popcorn
Sprinkle a tablespoon of garlic salt, chili powder or freshly grated Parmesan cheese over three cups of air-popped popcorn. If you'd like a little kick, sprinkle some hot sauce on it as well.

3. Rice cakes and chocolate
Spread a thin layer (one teaspoon total) of hazelnut chocolate spread over two caramel-flavored rice cakes.

4. Trail mix
Mix one tablespoon each of dark and golden raisins with a quarter cup of dried apricots and a tablespoon of almond slivers for a low-cal trail mix.

5. Nachos
Sprinkle one tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese over a dozen baked tortilla chips and melt under the broiler. Add two tablespoons of salsa.

6. Mini S'more
Put two marshmallows and a small piece of dark chocolate on top of a graham cracker and heat in the microwave until melted.

7. Pita and hummus
Cut a piece of whole-wheat pita bread into wedges and toast. Top each piece with one tablespoon of garlic or red-pepper hummus

8. Melon sundae
Combine a half-cup each of cantaloupe and honeydew melon slices. Mix in a large spoonful of plain low-fat yogurt and two teaspoons of honey.

9. Frozen yogurt
Top two small scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt with a tablespoon of heated chocolate syrup (optional).

10. Quesadilla
Sprinkle a quarter-cup of reduced-fat cheddar cheese over half of a six-inch tortilla. Add a tablespoon of salsa and a tablespoon of chopped scallions; fold in half and heat in the microwave until the cheese is melted.

11. Peanut butter and fruit
Cut an apple into four wedges and spread a quarter teaspoon of low-fat peanut butter over each wedge.

12. Smoothie
Blend a cup of vanilla soymilk with half a banana and half a cup of strawberries.

13. Granola
Sprinkle a tablespoon of granola over a scoop of plain low-fat or frozen yogurt and add a teaspoon of molasses.

14. Tuna melt
Put a quarter-cup of canned tuna and a slice of low-fat cheese on a slice of whole-wheat bread. Broil and top with chopped tomato.

15. Chickpea salad
Combine a half-cup of chickpeas with a chopped tomato, half a tablespoon of olive oil, the juice of half a lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper.

16. Turkey on an English muffin
Spread one tablespoon of cranberry sauce on half of a whole-wheat English muffin and top with a slice of fat-free turkey breast. Heat in the microwave for one minute.

17. Raisin bread and apple butter
Spread a thick layer of apple butter over a slice of raisin bread and sprinkle with cinnamon.

18. Cereal bar and honey
Spread a teaspoon of honey onto a low-fat fruit-flavored cereal bar.

19. Crackers and juice
Have approximately seven whole-wheat crackers with a cup of vegetable juice cocktail.

20. Mini bagel melt
Spread a tablespoon of low-fat ricotta cheese over a whole-wheat mini bagel and broil. Sprinkle with fresh chives.

jiffypop 04-26-2003 07:19 PM

love these ideas, apryl [and glad to see you back!]. i usually take some cut up red pepper and dip into some hummus. about 2 tbs total.

or dip a pretzel into some peanut butter [carefully measured!!!]

MY old standby: some beef jerky...

oh. and about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a couple of teaspoons of fruit-only preserves. a real treat!

Mark&Ivy'smom 04-26-2003 07:53 PM

:T :T Thanks for the great ideas, I'm going to have to try some of these. A few sound awesome for a light lunch!!! Thanks again!!:T :T

KittyMilk 04-26-2003 08:54 PM

My favourite snack for under 200 cals is healthy soup, lots of different kinds are under 200 and boy are they filling!

SuchAPrettyFace 04-27-2003 05:28 PM

Those are some great ideas!!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

karefree2 05-02-2003 10:13 AM

I have this for breakfast often. 2 Fat free Eggo waffles at 40 calories each. 2 TBS of FF cream cheese at 35 calories and 2 TBS of SF jame at 20 calories=135 calories It is really delicious!

jiffypop 05-02-2003 11:30 AM

karefree... let me get on my soapbox early in the day. don't forget to eat protein!!! that wonderful breakfast, as yummy and LF and low cal as it was, didn't have a whole lot of protein, and you need it to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you going!

ok. jumping off soapbox now!!!!

karefree2 05-02-2003 12:54 PM

jiffypop, I think I am making up for the lack of protein with lunch. I am having leftover lasagna made with Wal-Marts extra lean ground beef. It is yummy and chock full of the meat.

jiffypop 05-02-2003 03:19 PM

darlin... it's not a 'make up' kind of thing. eating protein at every meal helps stabilize your blood sugar throughout the day. so, if you get a late-afternoon munchie attack, that might [notice i said MIGHT, not DEFINITELY] be a factor.

enjoy the lasagna!!! sounds great!