Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Judy Lynn, so sorry to hear this! You and your husband are in my prayers.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #92  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Judy Lynn

Prayers have been sent. I hope everything works out.
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Scale bounce to 263 today after big Thanksgiving meal. Today has only been so-so. But in the for the long haul. Onward!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #94  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

JUDY-LYNN ~ ^PRAYERS^ have been sent for your DH and you -- that all goes well and he heals quickly without any lasting effects ...

We had a big ***** storm here today, so it's a snowy, white Winter Wonderland out there; and it's snowing again right now. It does look very pretty though. We had freezing rain first, then it turned to snow by noon. I won't venture out in this kind of weather; not safe for me. So I am going to do indoor stuff instead.

I did my floors today (that's good exercise too) and other stuff inside. I like to do some toning, weights, and dancing in the wintertime but I am looking out for some more ideas of what I can do this year indoors. Mulling a few things over. Food was good today.

Hope you all are back on plan as much as you can today ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-23-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #95  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Thank you all for your prayers and support, it means a lot.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #96  
Rosebud

Well, I sure got my exercise in yesterday -- spent some time yesterday afternoon shovelling snow. First, the front steps; then later went out again (after warming up a bit) and did my half of the laneway (well, almost half). DH came out and finished the end for me as my back was starting to hurt a bit by the time I got to the heavy stuff he put near the road. Thankfully, I wasn't sore later on, nor today either. I must be getting more fit becuz I wasn't even winded during or after.

Food was good too. Today, I made two pineapple loaves for DH and dessert to go with our roast chicken and veggies. Having today as a rest day; only did some laundry earlier on. We only had a light sprinkling of snow today; very pretty actually ...

Hope you all have a good OP day ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-25-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

JudyLynn - I am so so sorry to hear this about your husband. I am wishing him a recovery with the very best result. Sending prayers, positive thoughts and hugs to you.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-27-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #98  

Hi relosers - despite my planning and thinking I was ready to face the food laced four day weekend with family and freinds... I wasn't able to stay with my plan. I've had a very broken spirit - thinking it could never 'happen' for me. I posted separately about it. Thankfully, folks were so kind and helpful to me and helped me to forgive myself, put it in perspective, and to get back on my plan. Thus, I have planned for a good, healthy day. And, am hoping to get through it.

I had a bounce up with my weight. It should go down, hopefully, after a few days.

justwanttobehealthy - ouch. Glad your back feels better today. Shoveling is good exercise!
uber - glad you are in this for the long haul!

Have a great day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-27-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #99  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi relosers!

It's me - I'm back. Ugh!!! I started this journey and never really made a lot of progress (20lbs here and there and regain) until my husband left me and then the weight fell off. The problem is that it happened because I was upset and barely eating and running all the time to work through anxiety and stress. That isn't a permanent fix and now that I am doing well (and have a great boyfriend!), I am right back where I started a few years ago where I can't seem to get into a healthy routine and make permanent changes. And now I've regained about 20lbs.

I am not completely focused on the scale as getting my lifestyle organized. I have learned that if I don't do that, whatever I lose will just come back anyway. But, that quick weight loss was somewhat "addicting." I keep fantasizing about losing a lot of weight very quickly. I know that I can't do that, it wasn't good for me and now I need to make a permanent change. It's just taking me a while to get my head screwed on straight and get back to saying no to junk/sugar and keeping a healthy daily calorie level. And of course, finding time to exercise!!

In an odd way, I feel like a newbie. Why can't I just "pick" it up again? It's amazing how quickly you can fall out of the routine. One missed workout becomes a week becomes a month, same for eating junk/going over calorie levels.

I'm going to the gym today at lunch and I ate my greek yogurt for breakfast. I'm trying. One meal and one choice at a time.

So good to see some "familiar faces" on here! We encouraged each other before, we can do it again.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #100  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

BeveryJoy I know how you feel. I am glad you are forgiving yourself. I have the same thoughts about myself. You can do this. We can do this together.

Justwant2be. Shoveling is good exercise. I wish we had more snow. Not that I like shoveling but I like the snow. I am glad you were not sore.

BeachBreeze. Welcome back. Weighing myself is addictive to me. Fantasizing about losing fast I think is normal for everyone, it's normal for me. Nothing wrong with fantasizing but it does get me down when it doesn't go fast for me. Congrats on the new boyfriend. Having someone you love makes life so much better.

After taking a week to get myself together (it seems like I have taken a week off) but was being careful. Skipping dessert and counting calorie was okay. Just went over my calories 7 days in a row but I am back on track. I lost the two pounds I gained. It was a nice surprise this morning.

Well love to all. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #101  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ we all have those days that get us down, but you can sometimes save the day, the week, or the month. I got into some nachos yesterday am, but saved the day by having soup for lunch, skipped my AS, then had a light dinner, and tiny snack in the evening. Just keep going ...

back, BREEZE ~ I agree that we all fantisize about losing the weight faster (I still do now & then), but I know that won't work for a permanent solution in the long run. I know others can make us feel that we should go faster too and that just adds more stress that we don't need. NO, we have to stick to our overall game plan; slow and steady wins the race ...

BEVERLYJOY ~ I agree -- just keep going, girl; this can all be worked out over the month for sure. You'll see that soon ...

FUNKY ~ see, sometimes we get these amazing surprises even when we aren't perfect; that's becuz 90 % is OK too!!!

Yes, I'll try to watch it with the shovelling -- will just be more careful and stop sooner. I can do the steps and small porch OK. I was trying to give DH some much needed motivation by helping and it did work ...

Food has been good this week otherwise; and staying under my calorie amounts even with some finagling yesterday. Back on track today for sure. Shopping planned for tomorrow. Hope you all have a great OP week -- keep plugging away, ladies ...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #102  
Positive Focus

Hey everyone! I did a good job yesterday of staying to my calorie goal and exercising. The scale dropped this am to 168. I think I had some TOM swelling but now it's slow and steady. I know today is critical to setting the habits to be fully back in the swing of things. I have planned ahead and I'll take it one choice at a time.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! You are all doing so well.

Losetoall - I think a week off can be helpful. I have definitely learned that weight loss is a mental journey more than a physical one. Taking the time to get your head together is so important. I think it can boost your metabolism a little, too. Nice to see the loss!

Beverly - this time of year is so hard because there are so many things to keep us distracted from or to make it harder to stay OP. Just keep trying and getting back into it. One meal might mean an extra several hundred calories, but if we take the whole rest of the week off, it can turn into an extra thousand or more and now we've gained weight. Not from the original thing but from letting it get to us and keeping us off plan. You'll get there! You can do it!

Justwant2be - LOL at shoveling to get him to do it. I used to do that. Shoveling is great exercise. I liked mowing the grass, too. Now, it's so different because DB won't "let me" do those things which is sweet, but I do kind of miss the physical exertion. Good job on getting your day back on track!

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #103  

Hi relosers -yesterday was a much better day - I stayed with my plan until bedtime. I have a running nose & post nasal drip. I had a couple of lemon drops. Bad idea... just triggered other unhealthy eating. Thus, the lemon drops are in the trash covered with dishsoap. Yay.

Wednesday is my 'official' ticker day. Today the scale says that I stayed the same as last Wednesday. I guess I 'undid' the damage of overeating during the long Thanksgiving family-athon (and eat-athon). It dropped off quickly. I am so, so grateful for that.

Yesterday -I did write down my food, ate a little slower and drank lots of water. Grateful for the willingness to try.

Today I am off to get some more healthy food in the house, meetings for work, and an appointment. I've planned my food and got out my journal.

Hope everyone has a healthy day. Gotta go. I'lll try and get back for personals!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-28-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #104  

Hi relosers...I am so happy to say that yesterday was a healthy day... I am grateful. I planned/measured/logged food, did my exercises, weighed, lots of water, slowed down a little, left a bite (most of the time) & went to the store for healthy foods to have a more 'friendly' food environment at home. It's nice to have a few credits again.

Been busy... I will try to get back!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #105  
Positive Focus

Great Job Beverly!!

I am holding on by my fingernails right now to resist the office potluck. There is some YUMMY food in there. AAARGH! I am going to sneak out and take my gym bag and go to the gym instead. Hopefully when I get back, it's all gone. Even though there are salads in there (one of which I brought), I still don't trust myself.