Old 11-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi.. yesterday went well - I am always grateful for that. I was about 95% on plan. I planned/measured/logged, did my exercises, drank lots of water, had no seconds, read my advantages, did my journalling, gave myself credit a few times & ate slowly for two meals.

Today I met with my dietician. I have lost seven pounds since I last saw her in October. Yay. We talked about how I divide up my food and made some good suggestions. I told her that I was nervous about the busy weekend... especially Thanksgiving day. She asked which foods I really wanted to have. I said: turkey, stuffing, cranberries, green beans casserole (that famous pilgrim recipe ), & pie. (I don't care about rolls, sweet potatos, mashed potatoes becasue I can eat those anytime.) She said to have what I like in a reasonable amount and enjoy each bite. I said that I will feel deprived that I can't eat that way all weekend with the leftovers. She reminded me that I will not have been deprived because I get to have it on Thanksgiving. I've never thought of it in those terms. I am also adding veggies to the relish tray on the table - I am sure I will be the only one eating them. I'll let you know.

Gotta go and take my mom to the drug store.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-20-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

BeverlyJoyExcellent work on the 7 pounds. You are doing great! We have the same favorite Thanksgiving foods, except that I don't make a green bean casserole, but honestly, stuffing is just my favorite thing in the world.

I had a good but sort of unexpected day, plan-wise, but I ended up kind of depressed and I'm trying to fight these thoughts that I have.

What happened was that somebody sent me a whole bunch of pictures of myself all dressed up-- different angles and full length body shots. It was SO DEPRESSING. I didn't realize that I had gotten quite that big again. And my hair didn't look how I thought it looked, and the outfit that I thought looked smart looked bulky and fat lady. I'm doing great with my plan and I'm down 12 lbs so far, but looking at the pictures reminded me that I'll probably have to get down to close to 200 before my body matches the image in my head, and I know that will take forever.

I know there's no point in dwelling on it when there is nothing I can do about it except for what I'm already doing, so I'm trying to move past it. I WISH I could lose it as fast as I gained it back, but of course, I can't. So I need to remember that if I'm patient, eventually, I'll get back to where I was.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #78  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BEVERLYJOY ~ your Thanksgiving dinner plans sound great to me. I would have the leftovers, but no pie the next day. I just watch my portions sizes; and no seconds. You could also fill up on the veggies on the pickle tray and/or some salad if still hungry (or start with some salad).

UBERGIRL ~ about the pics. I think we've all been through that where someone sends us pictures that show us bigger than we thought we were/are. I keep them as motivation to try harder. We have mirrors in our kitchen; one whole wall is mirrors with gold swirls. Well, let me tell you -- I have a constant reminder every which way I turn; no kidding myself in this kitchen. I see myself and say "Geez, get out of the kitchen fast!"

Had a good day today. I spent the morning mending again (taking up hems on pants so I have warmer pants to wear this winter). Food was good again today as well; and I went out for a walk after dinner too ...

Have a wonderfully OP Wednesday, everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-20-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am feeling OK about facing Thanksgiving weekend. Grateful for the willingness to try and have food sanity.

The dietician said that I could have a piece of pie or a serving of stuffing each day after Thanksgiving - put to count it into my plan. (ie - planning ahead for it) She did say that what I should not do is have that whole Thanksgiving dinner again a couple more times over the weekend. Really, that makes sense. She says it depends on whether or not I think I can 'handle' it without having a binge afterwards.

Ubergirl - Stuffing is my very favorite Thanksgiving dish, too. As for those pictures... I know it's disappointing, but - you can get where you want to be again. It's a neverending journey we take with food and food sanity. Forgive yourself for gaining some weight back. You are so much more than a number on the scale or a moment in time in a photograph. I always say: learn from the past, plan for the future, but take it one day at a time.
Also, Uber - I too, just today was telling myself that I won't feel good about myself until I weigh 205 - then I had to have a good 'talking to' - to myself about just what I said to you. *sigh* We all try to move forward and stay positive.

Justwanttobehealthy Yes, I am putting out a veggie try along with the fattenning h'orsderves before hand. I will try to fill up on those. So happy to hear of your healthy food day...yay! Kudo's for your walk after dinner. Carry on.

I am so looking forward to my family getting here. So joyful!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #80  
Rosebud

HI ~ just checkin' in tonight; had a good and busy day. Temps have been great for this time of year, and clear streets tonight. Food was good today; and went for a walk after dinner.

Hope all our American friends have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY tomorrow -- enjoy it!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-21-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #81  

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

I'm trying to adjust my head after a frustrating weigh-in this morning. As much as I KNOW it shouldn't matter, I'm still early and fragile enough being back on plan that I get a little scale crazy. Two excellent on plan days. Went to bed a little hungry and woke up a little hungry. I was really expecting a loss. Stepped on the scale and I still saw the 1 lb bounce from yesterday still there. I feel a little disappointed, but I say to myself "okay." But then I thought, I dunno, maybe the scale is on an uneven spot or something. So I move the scale and step on it again. It says 258.5. I'm over-joyed. Yes! But then, I think well, two different weights, I better step on it a third time. And now it says 257. That's whenI realize the battery is probably a little low, and I really don't know what the right weight is. It shouldn't matter, since I've been firmly on plan all week. But I really wanted a new low weight to inspire me to stay on track today, since I have some planned treats today.

SIGH.

Oh well. Happy day to all.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #82  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Ubergirl you and I could be twins. The scale story made me laugh because I have done that so many times. Are we crazy or what?

Yesterday I spent the day eating and by dinner I had given up and ate dinner too which I should not have touched at 800 calories. Well then got up and I am down a lb. Craziness. I even moved the scale and held my underwear to make sure of the lb. I don't get it but oh well. Thanksgiving is at my in laws house so no leftovers to throw me off. But I am so not ready for the drama that comes with going to their house. I just want to eat and then leave but you know it is hours of torture making small talk. Their house is so small that there is no where to sit so I am sandwiched between people I hate. But food wise I think that I will be okay. They never make a desert I like and I am planning small portions. Hopefully it will work.

Well love to all. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #83  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

My week has not gone well at all. I worked the overnight shift on Saturday and ate way too much on Sunday while trying to stay awake and get back on my regular schedule. Then on Tuesday, my nursing class had a potluck and again I ate way too much and then ate dinner which I shouldn't have even touched!

So today's official weigh-in puts me up 1.6 pounds, but I expected a gain from all of the eating I did. On a good note though, I was back on plan yesterday and as it is just me, DH, & DS today, I will be on plan today as well. I have already walked 3 miles in 41 minutes today and I work the 3-11 shift at the nursing home, so I will burn more calories there.

Have a great day everyone!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #84  

Making stuffing. IT IS MY FAVORITE. Trying to remember that I only want ONE SERVING.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #85  

Am sitting here pretty stuffed and ready for the post-Thanksgiving report.

Good day leading up to THE BIG MEAL.

Oatmeal and raspberries for breakfast, 1oz cheese and an apple for lunch.

For Thanksgiving, I ate a GOOD SIZED meal: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, cranberry sauce, boiled shrimp, braised leeks, and yams. Quite a bit of butter in all of the dishes.

It was not a light and healthy meal. It was a heavy meal. But, I've been one hundred per cent on plan except for that one meal, and so I'm feeling like it was an okay decision to eat the meal.

Am paying now, because I have a full stomach. Everybody was too full to eat pie, so nobody has had any, but people will probably eat some later.

I'm not sure if I'll have a slice or not.

Hope all of you had a great day. I'll check in after tomorrow's weigh in. Yowch!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

hi everyone! Maybe I will post here if that's ok? I am re-losing too.

Ubergirl, stuffing is my favorite too, lol. I decided not to make any this year, no yams either since I love those and it is hard to stop. I cook the whole meal so I get to decide. I am still making mashed potatoes and gravy and apple salad, having pies and rolls for the kids, but my plate is going to be turkey and green beans/mushrooms. Period. Next year if I am at goal I will make a fabulous gluten-free stuffing and enjoy it.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #87  
Rosebud

Back, LYN ~ Hey, you lost it before so you can do it again. In this thread, we all hope to learn from our mistakes and make this last. You can too, I just know it!

UBERGIRL ~ sounds like you did pretty good to me ... congrats!

TO OUR OTHER FRIENDS HERE ~ I hope you enjoyed the day and all the good food. Try not to fret over it, just continue on tomorrow and all will be OK. I have done this many times, and it really works.

OH, the scale woes -- we've all been through them; done the same thing too. Now, I just weigh myself every so many weeks; it works for me. Next one is Christmas Eve Day morning. I've done more walking this stretch, so I don't know if that will make a difference or not; it will be interesting to see.

Had a good day; food was good. The weather was very warm -- around 54 F. It was perfect for my walk after dinner. Hope you all have a good OP day tomorrow -- all back on track, OK?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #88  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I just thought I would let you all know that my husband had a bad stroke while we were on vacation on Las Vegas. We are still here in LV waiting for him to stabilize enough to be air ambulanced home. My world is in turmoil right now.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Lynn View Post
I just thought I would let you all know that my husband had a bad stroke while we were on vacation on Las Vegas. We are still here in LV waiting for him to stabilize enough to be air ambulanced home. My world is in turmoil right now.
Oh my goodness. I'm am so very sorry to hear this! Sending thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and know that we are thinking of you.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #90  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Oh Judy Lynn. It is the worst to be away from home when the worst happens. I hope you are okay and your husband can stabilize soon. My thoughts are with you. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote