Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

BeverlyJoy I do understand exactly what you are talking about it. I really don't like that feeling of being in one of those food saturated environments where there are treats everywhere. Especially the stuff laying around on the tables gets me-- stuff that you can just graze on as you walk by-- but all this forethought is certainly going to help you.

I have my mom in town, but besides that, it's just our family so it won't be bad. Wish we were going to have a gang in spite of the food temptations you are in for lots of fun!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

UBERGIRL ~ TOMATO PATTIES are a family recipe (from both sides) from our grammas and we love them. Basically, they are savory meatballs stewed in tomatoes. I love to serve it with green beans and coleslaw. My family always had it with mashed potatoes but I often have baby new potatoes and/or corn instead. Here's the recipe (my version) --

PATTIES: combine and form into 12 meatballs
1 lb LEAN hamburger
3/4 cup oatmeal (1-minute kind)
1/2 tsp each Sage & black pepper
1 tbl onion soup mix

SAUCE: stew patties in/with ...
1 medium onion, chopped
28 oz can tomatoes, chopped
1 cup kernel corn, frozen
1 tbl onion soup mix
1/2 tsp each garlic powder + black pepper

METHOD: Brown meatballs on each side in a large skillet with onions, then add the tomatoes with juice and corn. Add seasonings, and simmer-boil (covered) for about 30 minutes while you make the other stuff -- i.e. potatoes (I start these first). I cook green beans for a side dish; and we find Coleslaw is particularly nice with this meal. It IS yummy; and I get to have leftovers for other meals too (i.e. lunches).

PLUS, it's true what you say: true hunger pangs are nothing like that binge urge that is caused by other sources. It is actually a good idea to let yourself be a little bit hungry at times, just so that you can re-learn what that feels like again. Some people binge just becuz the food is there; that is why we need strategies to deal with this. It is hard for sure.

BEVERLYJOY ~ you have some really good strategies there to help you get through that weekend. Can you maybe involve yourself in some activity that would keep you busy so you won't think so much about food? Like maybe playing with your grandkiddies -- maybe planning some games for them, etc.

PEGGY ~ Congrats to you on those 3.8 lbs; you are doing great!

dGramie ~ good for you going for that walk. I went out again tonight and it was even warmer so the wind didn't feel so bad. I even went a bit further tonight (48 minutes). I have to talk myself into it sometimes, but I am ALWAYS glad I go when it's done ...

Had a good day: food was good, and got lots done. Always nice to feel like you got something accomplished each day. Got rid of some junk in the dumpster too, but don't tell my DH ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-15-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #63  

Height: 5'7"

just- I got rid of some more stuff again also. I still have a few cabinets to go. cant wait to be done and know my clutter is under control again. I am not going to start on the back bedroom till no one is here. I will work on it as I can and try and get it so the grandkids can sleep in there again. I have a feeling its going to become the catchall for the wedding stuff.

bev- I have the kids here this weekend and I love having them but its always hard to know what to cook and stay on my diet.

uber- enjoy your mom

peggy - great weight loss.

I had a good food day yesterday but just kinda blah again. I will be so glad when Tom packs his bags and leaves for good.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #64  

Ok, I'll admit that I get a little bit neurotic about the scale sometimes. I was STARVING all day yesterday. I think I really didn't eat enough. Went out to lunch and got broiled chicken-- came with a whole leg and thigh and half breast, skipped the bread and the rice and just got veggies. Brought the leftover home, about half the chicken, and then had to go somewhere and was out late and not time to make dinner, so I shared the leftover with my hubbie for dinner, so I ended up getting 3 meals out of one lunch! But last night before bed I was starving. I think I topped out under 1000. So, here's the scale part. This morning, I wanted to do my normal weigh in (first thing in the morning). Now, I know this may sound weird, but I'm a daily weigher so I practically have a Ph.D in the scale, and I know that I always weigh about half a pound MORE after my shower. The weight of wet hair??? Who knows. Anyway, long story short, I ended up jumping in the shower first. Morning weigh in 262.2. So, maybe if I hadn't taken that shower I would have posted a loss. I'm planning to eat a little bit more today because I don't want to be this hungry for another day in a row.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers/friends - yesterday was mostly OP - I am grateful. I had an extra snack in the evening. I was still within my plan. . Credits are: planned/measured/logged, journal work/exercise and I have been planning ahead for my challenging week ahead.

Have a great day. Will try to get back for personals.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #66  

Hi relosers - Yesterday was mostly OP - Am grateful. I need to work on doing extra eating in the evening.

Some credits for yesterday:
left a bite
no seconds
did my journal work
planned/measured/logged food
checked in here
weighed in
ate breakfast and dinner very slowly

Today DH and I are going to see our cousin's new home and watch college football. They used to live 5 minutes away. However are about 30 minutes away. I kind of miss having them around the corner. Anyway, I called and said I was bringing some veggies and dip. I called back to ask about dinner so I could plan dinner better. They are getting pizza. I am planning to have just a couple little pieces.

I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #67  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Ubergirl. Your scale story is just like me. It made me feel better that I am not alone. Thanks for the share.

My husbands birthday is this weekend and we have eaten out 3 times and I overdid it. Back on track tomorrow. My treadmill is broken. My kids broke it but my husband said he would fix it. Just needs a leg put where the bracket failed. Not that I use it alot but just the idea of it being broken makes me sad.

I have been working on getting out of the house and making friends. I am so shy and selfconscious that I have a hard time leaving the house but I have been to church twice and gone out with some of the women twice. I am too much inside my head so it is good to get out but I am always scared about saying the wrong thing and worried about what to talk about. It is so hard... I am planning to go to church again tomorrow so I am really trying. If I could lose some weight I would feel more comfortable about my clothes and stuff.

Well hope you are all well. Have a great OP night. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #68  

Hi Ladies, More tomorrow! Just popping in after a crazy day. Decided to eat a little more yesterday after two very low calorie days-- not entirely on purpose-- where I ate under 1000cals. Yesterday, did 1400 but was crazy hungry all day anyway. This am weigh-in I was down to 262 (down from 262.4) I'll take it. Today, lunch AND dinner at restaurants, but I think I made good choices. Lunch, the calories were on the menu and I chose chicken noodle soup and half greek salad. Dinner, I had mozzarella with tomatoes and grilled ahi tuna. VERY delicious and filling. We'll see how the weigh in looks tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #69  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ just checkin' in as well. Spent my day doing stuff around the house. Made some homemade muffins this aft and sorted out bill receipts for the month as well (just filing them really). Watched a movie and did some puzzles tonight. Food was good; we had baked fish with a few tators and a mixed salad for me.

EDIT2ADD: despite the nippy cold, I went for walks the last two nights as I wanted to take advantage of the clear sidewalks. The stars were out both nights; very, very close and so lovely.

Hope you are all having a wonderful OP weekend ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-17-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #70  

Hi relosers/friends - yesterday went well - I am grateful. We got to my cousin's and they had made sloppy joes with turkey for supper. That was easy, really, I had a small portion on one half of the bun. Credit. I actually think I like it better with turkey than ground beef. I took ONE plate of veggies with some dip, two chips, and a dab of cheese dip while watching the game. Credit for NO seconds or chocolate chip cookies. I did, however, gave into a couple of miggie tootsie rolls. Over all, it went well. Am grateful for that. When I got home my snack was a little more than I planned - but, all within my limits. All in all, I think it was a good day.

Credits for yesterday:
planned (as well as I could)/measured/logged
ate seated, mostly
LOTS of water
exercise
read advantages
journalling

Today is more of getting the house ready for company company. The grocery list is huge. I am including lots of healthy things too. I need to have them here.

My sleeping times are way, way off. I am waking up at 3:30 am or so and can hardly make it to 9:30 pm. I need to get this figured out and get on a better sleep schedule.

justwant2bhealthy - glad your food is in a good place..that's nice. Yes, I will spend lots of time playing with the grandkids! After that...I"ll have to go back to the food to help feed the gang in from out of town. I've been thinking of alot of ways to get through this holiday weekend. Thanks for your input!

Ubergirl - kudo's for making good choices at all the restaurants, etc. You are doing well. Carry on.

losetoall - I hope you get your treadmill fixed soon. You've done so well... losing 13 pounds already. I am glad you are putting yourself out to make some friends. I understand shyness... my sister is shy too. Just remember you are not just that number on the scale. You are wonderful at any weight.

Have a great day, friends.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #71  

Hi Relosers:

Happy that it's Monday morning and I am celebrating the beginning of my third week on plan. Scale is creeping downwards but I'm down a total of 11 lbs since I started. (got a big water weight whoosh at the beginning, but it's still a pretty fabulous start!)

Have not started exercising, as I'm trying to take a relaxed approach and not push myself too hard.

BeverlyJoy I enjoy reading about your planning and goal setting. I like your very sane approach. I think I tend to be very rigid a lot, and doing something like eating two choco chip cookies would be very hard for me. In the end, it is about learning a sane approach with food. Right now, I'm focusing on getting the weight off, but eventually, I'm also going to have to learn to be flexible without resorting to binging and weight gain.

Funky I really get that about being shy. I'm shy too and love nothing more than staying home. But having a social life is part of being balanced. I struggle with that a lot as I love staying home and I'm friendly, but not really outgoing at all. I applaud your efforts.

losetoall Excellent work on the 13 pounds. You are doing great!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #72  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Went on a vacation over the weekend and somehow gained a pound... I hiked 7.6 miles in 2 days and the night we got there we walked nearly 2 miles! How did that even happen?!
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #73  

Hi relosers -yesterday went well. I was able to extend breakfast and dinner to at least 20 minutes.Credit! Another credit goes to my DH who went shopping for Thanksgiving but didn't bring home the ice cream (for the pies) because he know it would be hard for me to resist. Maybe he is listening.

Other goals accomplished: planned/measured/logged food, journalled, exercise, read my advantages, no seconds and more.

We are invited Friday morning for a family get together for folks to meet my my new granddaugher. I think I"ll call and see what they are serving. I've already offered to bring something.. but, my SIL said not to bring anything. I'll ask again. It was nice of them to host this.

Tomorrow I go back to see the dietician. It's been a learning experience. One important thing I learned is that I needed to eat a bigger breakfast than I've eaten in the past. It's been helpful.

I hope you all are having a good day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-19-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avezy44 View Post
Went on a vacation over the weekend and somehow gained a pound... I hiked 7.6 miles in 2 days and the night we got there we walked nearly 2 miles! How did that even happen?!
Don't you HATE that? But it must be water. I know I always gain when I travel or walk a lot. Sounds like a fun time and you'll certainly get a pay off for all of that exercise.

Beverly Joy I think I all of the planning is going to help you cruise right through the holidays and enjoy all of the fun and family time.

A good day for me. Ate out AGAIN! (if you can't believe it...) My fallback on a restaurant menu is grilled tuna. I've had it 3x in a row.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #75  
Rosebud

AVE ~ Yes, those one and two lbs blips are almost always water-weight (from my experience), esp when you've done a lot of exercise. It will come back off in no time.

Had a good day too; food was good. Made a Shepherd's pie from Sunday's leftovers; and had a pita pizza for lunch. Went for a walk after dinner tonight and the stars were out again with that quarter moon as well -- lovely.

We had company visit two days in a row; wow, that's a lot for us. I made homemade tomato-veggie soup with dumplings for lunch yesterday, and we had some of those HM muffins this aft. I make jumbos for DH and smaller ones for me; plus I cut the sugar and fat in them, but they still taste nice with the fruit in them.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week; and here's a cheer for all your successes lately ...