How did you celebrate losing 100 lbs?

• I was just doing some math and I realized I'm not far off from having lost 100 lbs. After I get there, I'll still have 83lbs to go. But I like to reward myself with every important milestone. At 50lbs, I went to a live taping of The Late Late Show with Craig Fergusson. I was thinking I'd do that again, and for every 50 lbs I'd lose. Maybe they'll put me on the show at the end of it all. I also plan to fly out to visit a very supportive friend in NC.

Just curious what others have done.
  • I've got less than 20 lbs until I hit my 100 lb lost milestone (from where I started THIS time). I think I'm going to get a tattoo to mark the occasion.
  • I went on a shopping spree to be honest. Unfortunately quite a few of those clothes don't fit anymore but it was a fun time and I looked good whilst they fit! I like your idea of travelling to see a friend or going to a live show taping though. You could make it like "your thing."
  • I really haven't done anything yet except get new workout clothes. I had been wanting some new stuff but after awhile you get burned out on buying new sizes.
  • I celebrated losing 100 by running for 100 minutes just because I was so freaking grateful that I could!

(I'm a little weird like that though. LOL I celebrated hitting 200 by walking 10 miles in 200 minutes)
  • Years back when i hit my goal weight I got a tattoo, my first tattoo. It had no significance related to my weight loss, just something I wanted. Then i gained the weight back, plus more.

Just this week I hit the 50 pound milestone, I celebrated by buying a a few new outfits and a pair of boots. It was also necessary because verything I had was too big and the stuff that did fit was summer clothes, not good for October in Minnesota.

I haven't decided what, if anything I will do when I lose 100 pounds. I may just wait until I am at goal and then go on a trip. Not sure where though. Maybe Disney World I can celebrate by fitting comfortably in te plane seat and not being over the weight limit for the rides!
  • re:
    It's funny, I always say, when I lose X I'll do or get X, but I never do. At some point though, I need to get my wedding ring resized, but I just can't pull the trigger.
  • Quote:
    get burned out on buying new sizes
    I hear that one! I'm excited to get to the next size down, but don't want to spend money on clothes that may not last the season. Although I have gotten a season or two out of some things. Boots had to go last fall and I bought a new pair, but I haven't tried them on again to see how they fit now. I don't want to buy a new pair every year. Well, I do, but not if they're going to get too big.

There are a lot of things I'm not waiting on till I reach goal. Want to live life NOW, not wait to live life later. I don't want to miss out on anything. So, I'm belly dancing now. And I've already climbed Mt. Whitney. And been snow shoeing. Travelled a lot internationally. Sang in a band in public.

Things I still won't do, even at goal weight...skiing. Rock climbing. Ice skating. Wear a bikini. Go streaking...
  • ohhhh...I sooooooo wanna learn to belly dance!! And get an amazing belly dancing costume, once I get to goal, because I don't want to have to buy more than one. I have been eyeing a couple!!
  • I didn't realize I hit 100 pounds lost until 120 since I didn't weigh myself all summer, but to celebrate, I went on a massive shopping spree, completely changed my hairstyle and color, and hiked up this really steep hill that I could never do before just because....Haha

Words cannot express how excited for you I am right now. Its just such an amazing milestone to hit.
  • I'm soooooo looking forward to hitting the 100-pounds-lost milestone. I've never been able to do it in the past. I still have no idea how I'll celebrate. I already have every size in my closet so I won't need too many more clothes. Maybe a mini vacation...like a cruise.
  • Shopping
    I have a long way to go to the 100 pound lost mark, but I plan on shopping... I will certainly need a whole new wardrobe! I am actually setting aside $5 for every pound I lose so when I finally get to 100, I will have $500 to spend on new clothes!