Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Great job on pushing through that workout!! No quitting allowed! We are going to make it through this round!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #17  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Today is day 13! I can't believe after this workout I will be on my rest day and week 2 will be complete! It is blowing my mind that I've committed my afternoons this long. Usually I last about a week and then I'm done!!!! Wow! So proud right now! it feels nice to feel a little stronger!
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #18  
Do or Do Not

Today I will complete day 15 (W3D1) and couldn't be more excited. It is the fit test video so I will have some idea of how much my strength has improved! Pretty excited!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #19  

Great job CutieCourt!! When I do the fit test, I always have my previous results in view so I can push past them. I always aim for 1-5 more past what I did before...except, it's hard for me now to get any more globe jump rounds than what I do. Those tire me out!

I finished W4D2 today. For some reason I thought I was in week 3 but these weeks have been speeding ahead of me! I looked at my spreadsheet and realized that next week is recovery week! I'm losing my sense of time doing this Insanity because it's so much fun! Good luck tomorrow with Plyo. I'm doing Plyo tomorrow too.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #20  
Do or Do Not

Omg...globe jumps totally wear me out! My issue is push up jacks! I can't do a manly push up yet so I do girl push-ups in their place. I am happy to say that my stats almost all doubled and some I just added a few but that makes me happy because I remember how hard this stuff was two weeks ago. It is crazy how quickly a person can build their endurance by "trying" insanity. I can't fully say I do the program as the video..but one day!

I finished Week 3, Day 3 today! Cardio blast and cardio abs are an evil combo! Tomorrow is my easy day and I am thankful for that. Sheesh!
There have been days where I just didn't want to workout but I have found that if I force myself to get dressed and press play, once I am through the first round of warm-ups, I am good to go.

Pressing play is the hardest part but still going strong!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #21  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Great job girls, I'm really enjoying keeping an eye on what you are doing. I watched the Insanity infomercial this morning and it wore me out and made me want to puke just watching it. You two amaze me. Keep going!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #22  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

Hey Ladies,

Okay, so I am still the careful scepti-chick but never the less, this thread and the progress you two have been making has rekindled my interest in Insanity again. I am on W2D2 and this is farther than I have made it before. I have to admit, I was not very serious when I started, just kinda wanted to see and exercise a little bit and hence did not bother with the fit test on the first day. Now I regret that. After just a week I watched the fit test video again and it looks less scary than I remembered.

I have to modify a lot, basically all moves with jumping or hopping in them and all the push-ups. I am doing the girly-type push ups as well and doing some variation on squats instead of most jumpy moves or just jogging. But even after a week I feel that I am getting better at keeping up with the warm-ups in the beginning and can move in some form through the whole warm-up without stopping and that was definitely not the case on Day 1. I like the stretches a lot and think that there has been some improvement in flexibility too.

Being glad to have given this another try, I would like to thank you both for the awesome inspiration! It reminded me today of the though that the best kind of exercise is the one you an stick to and for now, this works for me and I am very happy (and astonished) about that. Thank you and keep going! Getting stronger every day.

One question I would like to ask is about weight loss, do you ladies actually keep losing since you started this program?
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #23  

CutieCourt - Cardio & Cardio Abs really IS a killer combo!! Oh man! I had to do that combo today. And I sooooo agree with you about not feeling like doing it some days, but once you start you feel a lot better! By the time I hit round 2 of the warm ups, I feel like I can keep going lol. Great job on doubling your fit test scores! That's awesome!

Findingfawn - thank you so much! You sure you don't want to give it a try? You might like it!

Lizz - Welcome to the Insanity club! Like you, I modified practically EVERY exercise in the beginning. I could not do any of the jumping exercises. If I had to come off the ground in any way? Nope...couldn't do it...not even mummy kicks. Now? I can jump with EASE! I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying it this time around! As far as weight loss, I have been losing steadily since I've started Insanity. I'm doing other things in addition to it, but I do attribute Insanity to a lot of my progress. I lost 50.25 pounds in 3.5 months. I think a combination of things (including Insanity) attributed to this.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #24  
i will win this time!

S/C/G: 267/244/150

Height: 5'6

Default Just finished day one of insanity!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieCourt View Post
Just wondering if there is anyone else in this thread doing Insanity...the workout! I finished day 4 today. It is a 9 week program and is pretty intense but I have modified some of the moves to my fitness level until I can get stronger.

Just looking for others who have a significant amount of weight to lose who are also as insane as me and is tackling Insanity. It would be nice to have a buddy or check-in thread!
Hey CutieCourt I just finished the day one fitness test, which im taking as my day 1. I modified as well as i have almost 90 pounds to lose, my mini goal is 15 pounds by xmas and 15 more by my 27th bday on january 20th. Most people i have seen do insanity on youtube have lost atleast 30 pounds per insanity cycle, i have also seen woman as heavy as us, yes they do modify and do as much as they can and even if we cant push now, we will very soon. its all about getting down a little so its not so hard on our poor bones. And from no activity to insanity, well it speaks for itself. Good luck and i'll be here with you every step of the way.
want2bebak2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #25  
i will win this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
CutieCourt - Cardio & Cardio Abs really IS a killer combo!! Oh man! I had to do that combo today. And I sooooo agree with you about not feeling like doing it some days, but once you start you feel a lot better! By the time I hit round 2 of the warm ups, I feel like I can keep going lol. Great job on doubling your fit test scores! That's awesome!

Findingfawn - thank you so much! You sure you don't want to give it a try? You might like it!

Lizz - Welcome to the Insanity club! Like you, I modified practically EVERY exercise in the beginning. I could not do any of the jumping exercises. If I had to come off the ground in any way? Nope...couldn't do it...not even mummy kicks. Now? I can jump with EASE! I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying it this time around! As far as weight loss, I have been losing steadily since I've started Insanity. I'm doing other things in addition to it, but I do attribute Insanity to a lot of my progress. I lost 50.25 pounds in 3.5 months. I think a combination of things (including Insanity) attributed to this.
Hey Angie! You have done wonderfully on Insanity.Exactly what i was looking forward to. Just a question, do u or did u do anything else while this program or just insanity? How about food wise? And did you ever cheat or skip a day? I pressed stop 5 minutes before it finished on day 1, but i know it will get better. I could only pray for results like yours!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #26  

Hi want2bebak! You are going to do so well on Insanity too if you stick with it! It's great! Okay, this is a brief outline of what I did as far as exercise and food from the start of my journey. Insanity is always done in the early morning.

Exercise: Weeks 1 - 6 = Insanity Only; Weeks 7 - 9 = Insanity + 30 minutes at the gym three days a week on MWF in the late afternoon (5min warmup on stationary bike, 15min on treadmill where I did walk/jog combos, 10min on elliptical) + arm workouts at home in the evening before bed 5 days a week M-F (I used 8 lb weights and did 12 different arm exercises / 10 reps each); Week 10 = no exercise (I did a 7 day water fast); Week 11 = Kundalini Yoga all 7 days (You're sitting or lying down the whole time so not intense at all); Week 12 - 13 = 5 days at the gym (3 days my bike/treadmill/elliptical combo for 30 minutes and 2 days of a class I like.....step aerobics, cardio kickboxing, spin class, etc....all 1 hour each) + arm workouts at home again 5 days a week M-F; Week 14 - 16 = Insanity Round 2 + 30min gym combo (bike/treadmill/ellptical) 3 days a week MWF + arm workouts at home 5 days a week before bed; Week 17 - Present = Insanity (6 days a week) + 30 min gym routine (3 days a week) + Chalean Extreme (3 days a week) + Cathe STS Abs (3 days a week)

Food: Week 1 = on plan; Week 2 = I took a mini vacation to Chicago on the weekend and ate off plan that weekend.....maybe about 3,000 calories a day for 3 days. I missed an Insanity workout on that Saturday too lol. Weeks 3 - 9 = perfectly on plan (my plan includes small desserts each day so I never deprived myself); Week 10 = water fast (the entire week); Week 11 = refeed week (I increased my calories slowly each day...i.e...200, 400, 600, 800, etc...until I was back up to 1,200 by the weekend); Weeks 12 - 15 = back to my normal on plan eating (1,200 - 1,700 calories per day); Week 16 = on my weigh in day (after I weighed in of course lol), I had a planned high calorie day. I ate 3,133 calories. I then water fasted for the next 39 hours. After the fast ended, I returned to my normal calories; Weeks 17 - present = on plan.

Now this past Sunday was the first time (other than the chicago vacation and the planned high calorie day) that I went over 1,700 calories.

Sorry this is so long and overly-detailed lol. But as you can see, I really like to do different things. And yes, I had "cheat days".....4 to be exact....and yes I had days where I did not exercise......2 weeks actually. Oh, and I also do intermittent fasting, where I eat all my calories between 11am - 3pm.....so my Insanity workouts are done in a fasted state for, in my opinion, maximum fat burning!

Last edited by angieand2girls; 11-02-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #27  
i will win this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
Hi want2bebak! You are going to do so well on Insanity too if you stick with it! It's great! Okay, this is a brief outline of what I did as far as exercise and food from the start of my journey. Insanity is always done in the early morning.

Exercise: Weeks 1 - 6 = Insanity Only; Weeks 7 - 9 = Insanity + 30 minutes at the gym three days a week on MWF in the late afternoon (5min warmup on stationary bike, 15min on treadmill where I did walk/jog combos, 10min on elliptical) + arm workouts at home in the evening before bed 5 days a week M-F (I used 8 lb weights and did 12 different arm exercises / 10 reps each); Week 10 = no exercise (I did a 7 day water fast); Week 11 = Kundalini Yoga all 7 days (You're sitting or lying down the whole time so not intense at all); Week 12 - 13 = 5 days at the gym (3 days my bike/treadmill/elliptical combo for 30 minutes and 2 days of a class I like.....step aerobics, cardio kickboxing, spin class, etc....all 1 hour each) + arm workouts at home again 5 days a week M-F; Week 14 - 16 = Insanity Round 2 + 30min gym combo (bike/treadmill/ellptical) 3 days a week MWF + arm workouts at home 5 days a week before bed; Week 17 - Present = Insanity (6 days a week) + 30 min gym routine (3 days a week) + Chalean Extreme (3 days a week) + Cathe STS Abs (3 days a week)

Food: Week 1 = on plan; Week 2 = I took a mini vacation to Chicago on the weekend and ate off plan that weekend.....maybe about 3,000 calories a day for 3 days. I missed an Insanity workout on that Saturday too lol. Weeks 3 - 9 = perfectly on plan (my plan includes small desserts each day so I never deprived myself); Week 10 = water fast (the entire week); Week 11 = refeed week (I increased my calories slowly each day...i.e...200, 400, 600, 800, etc...until I was back up to 1,200 by the weekend); Weeks 12 - 15 = back to my normal on plan eating (1,200 - 1,700 calories per day); Week 16 = on my weigh in day (after I weighed in of course lol), I had a planned high calorie day. I ate 3,133 calories. I then water fasted for the next 39 hours. After the fast ended, I returned to my normal calories; Weeks 17 - present = on plan.

Now this past Sunday was the first time (other than the chicago vacation and the planned high calorie day) that I went over 1,700 calories.

Sorry this is so long and overly-detailed lol. But as you can see, I really like to do different things. And yes, I had "cheat days".....4 to be exact....and yes I had days where I did not exercise......2 weeks actually. Oh, and I also do intermittent fasting, where I eat all my calories between 11am - 3pm.....so my Insanity workouts are done in a fasted state for, in my opinion, maximum fat burning!
Wow!!! You are fricken superwoman! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with me, all of us. I am looking to lose 60-70 pounds. how long did it take for you to lose your weight so far? And, if you dont mind me asking, how is the skin situation?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bebak2me View Post
Wow!!! You are fricken superwoman! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with me, all of us. I am looking to lose 60-70 pounds. how long did it take for you to lose your weight so far? And, if you dont mind me asking, how is the skin situation?
It took me 3.5 months (15 weeks and 2 days) to lose the 50.25 pounds I've lost on my ticker. That's pretty fast! As far as loose skin, I think I will have some loose skin on my stomach. My stomach wasn't like this before babies though. I've always had a relatively flat stomach even while being big. BUT....I dont' think it's going to be that bad. When I'm standing up, I have no droop and my stomach looks great. But when I do the "get-on-all-fours" test in the mirror, my stomach droops. But as far as the rest of my body, I don't think I'll have a problem. I think I look pretty darn good!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #29  
Do or Do Not

I would love to lose 25 pounds in 16 weeks...lol. My scale isn't moving very much. Today I finally saw a small change. That part does get a little frustrating!

I finished Week 3, Day 5 yesterday! Took Friday off because I was so dang busy and saturday I rode 15 miles of mountain bike trails! I burned 2700 calories and was totally pooped by the time I got home.

Sunday I picked it back up though! I must have really been tightening my core
On Sunday because I can totally feel my lower abs!

How is everyone else doing!!!!!
So far, I've lost 4 pounds! Whoop!!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #30  

Wow that's awesome CutieCourt! 4 pounds and 2,700 calories burned! You are doing great!

I'm in recovery week so I finished day 2 of that this morning. Now I'm just waiting until 11am to come so I can tear into some food!

I watch Youtube a lot (the weight loss community) and a lot of the men and women there like to create themes for each month. One girl's theme for this month is "NOvember NOexcuses". Let's not let the holiday this month give us an excuse to fall off track. No excuses! Keep pushing ladies!