Introducing myself....again...

• I won't bore you lovely people with my whole story (not all at once anyway!). My name is Saoirse (pronounced seer-sha), I'm Irish, 33, and I've been overweight nearly my whole life. I love these forums and I'm here because I need both a place to be accountable, and to vent!!! For the past 10 years or so I've been yo-yo'ing mostly between 270 (highest ever 315) and 230 (lowest ever 202, onederland escapes me every time!) I need to make a serious change and i hope to have an orthopaedic surgery in the relatively near future (it'll depend on my weight loss success), and I know I need to be facing into it in the best possible shape. So I've taken the leap and introduced myself instead of just stalking the forums! I've started back again in the last month or so with following a healthy eating plan, but I need to get my exercising back on track, any suggestions for exercises with practically useless knees would be appreciated. I was doing yoga daily until about 2 months ago when I had carpal release surgery on both my wrists. Normally my weight loss starts with a bang, and then peters out, but this time, I feel like I'm being really careful with my diet and the weight isn't shifting, it's making it hard to stay motivated. Well, I ended up telling more of my story than I meant to, I can be a bit chatty when I get started! Hope to get to know you all a bit better..... Saoirse
  • Saoirse
    There are a LOT of similarities in our stories!

I'm glad you came out of lurkdom.
    And I would definitely say the weigh IS shifting. 14 pounds in a month is a LOT!

Linda
  • beautiful name! LOVE IT.... i think ill consider it for my next offspring welcome and good luck! Where in ireland do you live? My family is in Cork (city)
  • Hi

I have found that popping in on the board is one of the keys to whether or not I'm successful. The other things are getting on the scale every single day, drinking a ton of water (at least 96oz a day) and pushing myself to get out of bed and do 30 minutes of cardio every day. I also track my food at sparkpeople.

I wish you much success on your journey.