3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Thoughtful Thursday - Is weight loss consuming you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/267908-thoughtful-thursday-weight-loss-consuming-you.html)

SmallSteps 10-11-2012 01:17 PM

Thoughtful Thursday - Is weight loss consuming you?

Creating a weight loss goal is a fabulous step toward achieving the body you have always wanted, but your weight loss goals shouldn’t negatively impact your life more than they improve it. To receive the absolute most benefit from your upcoming goal-driven life changes, you have to want to go through the process of change. That is to say, you should aim for achieving your weight loss goals with a positive, determined mindset.

Losing weight does not have to be about suffering, and shouldn’t be. Once you have made the firm decision to lose weight, follow through with that decision with a sense of knowingness that you will achieve your goal, and enjoy the activities needed to reach your goals. With this mindset, the actions you do to achieve your weight loss goals will be enjoyable, and the best part is that you know there will be a great reward.

SmallSteps 10-11-2012 01:19 PM

I am consumed with the need to weigh myself EVERYDAY. I am not sure how to break the habit or if I can. It is just something that I have always done to make myself accountable each and every day.

findingfawn 10-11-2012 01:59 PM

I weigh every day, if I don't I can't stay on plan.

I get consumed with if I eat this then I can't have that type thinking.

Elladorine 10-11-2012 03:41 PM

I got so consumed, anxious, and outright frustrated last year that I ran out of steam when some big life issues came up. I completly lost it and gained 25 pounds in less than six months.

I'm more relaxed now, which makes losing easier again. Instead of torturing myself over whether I not I should have that extra portion, that dessert after I'm already full, or the snack at the candy counter, I stop and ask myself how I'll feel tomorrow about what I eat today. Then I make my decision and stick with it. No more debating, no more lamenting that I want this or that and "can't" have it, I simply make the decision and move on. Now making better decisions without wanting to throw a tantrum has become second nature.

This mindset has done wonders for me and keeps the exhausting aspect of needing to lost weight at a minimum yet still allows me to make reasonable progress. :)

soulpatrol 10-11-2012 04:15 PM

Im consumed with what i eat, is it fattening, sugar free. I also worry if i miss my cardio/strength training at gym all of this does not interfere with my life negativley but if i do not worry about it i start to slip and mess up.

heathermichigan 10-11-2012 08:43 PM

Normally I'm an all or nothing person. I lost 80 pounds that way. But then I started letting up a bit, and then personal life stuff got in the way, and I regained 30 lbs in the last year.
This time, I am relaxed. It might take longer, but I'm going to enjoy the process in terms of letting myself have some things that stay within my plan but aren't necessarily ideal (example: having raisin toast for breakfast instead of plain 100% whole wheat because I like it sooooooo much more). I will get to my goal.