Old 10-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #136  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi... just came over to thank 2times2much for coming back to the 240s thread with words of encouragement. LOL I have read this entire thread and am going crazy trying to get here! See you all soon, I hope!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

So Frustrated! I've been on plan (a few days off), working out, in the low #220s all week - not really low, but hovering around the #224 from last week. This morning - BAM - #227!!! I'm hoping it's water weight that will come off, but MAN is this frustrating! I feel like it's starting over!

I'm sure the fact that I've been stressed beyond belief last week with work and an uninvited/unplanned "guest" didn't help. Seriously annoyed!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #138  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

235.5 today can't wait for u to get here misti great job everyone keep it up!
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #139  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I'm almost in the 220's. I weighed in at 231.8 today. Good Luck, Everyone!

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #140  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Ella- Great about the jeans! That is such an awesome feeling, and something I am looking forward to feeling again pretty soon when I say goodbye to my size 18s for good. I can't wait to be back in 14s and 12s haha. Also I know you must be looking forward to your weigh in Nov 7, especially since you have been losing inches!

Facingfacts- Welcome to the group! I highly HIGHLY recommend writing down what you eat and your exercises. It helps greatly, especially when you have an off week or so and you look back and see what may have caused it. It also helps to keep you on track. I, like Fatness, use My Fitness Pal. It is a wonderful tool, like many of the trackers online. I have used LiveStrongs Daily Plate in the past, and have recently settled with MFP.

Dougsgirl
- Welcome to the thread too! I think it's neat that you and your coworkers are in it together, and MFP is a great tool as well. I love the community here at 3FC because they can help you stay on track and give you the encouragment and advice you need. Also congrats on your loss so far!

2times- I'm glad to hear about your DH approving of your new clothes and also that he gave you an extra kick of motivation without even realizing it! True, it will be harder but that is another opportunity for you to try something new! I'm glad he is such a supporter of you throughout all of this!

Enygirl- I know how you feel, I am just completely unhappy as far as what the scale has been saying for the past few weeks. I got down to 224.6, then hopped up to 227, then back down to 224.8, then up to 229 this weekend. My body is going crazy on me! But I realize having TOM most of last week along with some added stress and crazy busy schedule right now my body is wigging out a bit. I'm just trying to be patient and understanding of myself and stay OP, I know eventually I can get to 223 for good.

Just chugging through another work week. Had a great weekend with my husband, did 30DayShred this morning, made it through every second of the Cardio circuits but still not able to complete every rep of strength. I know I will get there though, it's only my second time with the program. Drinking tons of water and staying busy, I have SO MUCH going on right now it's hard to think straight but it's mostly good stuff, just a lot going on at once!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #141  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Ella- Great about the jeans! That is such an awesome feeling, and something I am looking forward to feeling again pretty soon when I say goodbye to my size 18s for good. I can't wait to be back in 14s and 12s haha. Also I know you must be looking forward to your weigh in Nov 7, especially since you have been losing inches!
Thanks! I'm typically fitting into 18's now, but of course it depends on the brand. The jeans I've been going on about are a tight 20 though. They're kinda exciting because they were $70 jeans I got on clearance for $15 or so. I don't think I've ever bought any jeans that were worth over $20. At the time I got confused because I was fitting into 20's and had forgotten I needed 22's for this particular pair (I'd tried them on in one store and bought them at another location in a hurry the next day). And since they were clearance, I couldn't exchange them, so I just set them aside in hopes I'd eventually be able to wear them. The other pair I'd bought the same day are 20's and they've been getting baggier and baggier.

I've been a solid 22/24 most of my life (or worse!), so this all feels pretty surreal to me. I did get down to a 14 back in 1995 and possibly back around 2000 as well, the two times that I'd gotten my weight down to 220. I've never been under that. I have a feeling I won't quite be into 14's after another 10-15 pounds, but I'm guessing it can't be too far off from there. My tummy is the real issue right now as it's out of proportion with the rest of me (I'm an apple). But I can't wait to get there too! So much to look forward to in the coming months while we keep at it!

Keep up the great work! It's fun to share these little victories on the way down.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #142  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Dougsgirl - Welcome to the thread too! I think it's neat that you and your coworkers are in it together, and MFP is a great tool as well. I love the community here at 3FC because they can help you stay on track and give you the encouragment and advice you need. Also congrats on your loss so far!
Thanks

I find work to be an easy place to eat without thinking, so it's a big help to have people around me trying to eat better too. We spend a lot of time together and I think if I was the only one doing this, I would fall back into bad habits very easily.

I joined 3FC because I feel that support is the biggest factor in me sticking to the journey this time. I haven't been here long, but I like it already
Natlyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

So many wonderful ladies on here! Its great not to feel alone. I'm trying to read up more on the thread and get to "know" everyone.

I weighed in 237.5 today - I was 240 like last thursday/friday or something, but have been at 238 pretty much all week so far. There was one day right off the bat where the scale showed 236.5 but then went back up and is sticking around 238.
I must say I'm a little frustrated - only because this is my FIRST week of being serious. The last time I did this in January I dropped a whopping 7 pounds (or something like that) the first week, kind of to get a head start, and then of course it went to regular weight loss progress.
But nothing like that so far this time. Of course I'm not really exercising like I was the first time (I hit the gym big time). I wonder if that matters.

In any case, I feel absolutely bad for getting off the rails earlier this year and allowing life and stress to stop me from losing weight. I think about where I could have been by now. Yes I had a lot going on, but who's to say I won't always have a lot going on. Reading the success stories on here is SO inspiring and I keep wondering could that ever really be me. Sometimes when I think about it, I can't believe I'm talking numbers like 238 right now. I remember crying my eyes out when I hit 165 a long time ago. I thought I'd just entered **** or something. But will try not to dwell on this - its like everytime, as soon as I get serious, one of the biggest things I kick myself about during those first weeks is how on earth did I let it get this bad in the first place. Its like when I am actively packing it on and ignoring my habits I am oblivious or something and then later there's the awakening of oh my lord HOW did I let this happen. I guess I did.

Thank you so much for the tips on My Fitness Pal and such. Will check it out. For now I just have a little notebook that I've been using - I've never done this, in the past I've rather just controlled portions and gauged not to eat too much for the day and eat healthy food only. This way, just seeing the calories add up, is so eye opening because I start to understand how I put on this much weight in the first place.

I do think I need to change WHAT I eat a little bit more though and get more protein in the mix with less carbs. I seem to respond to that very quickly - when there are too many carbs in the mix I just don't seem to lose weight much.
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #144  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

233.5 today almost out the 30s :O not having any sweets or anything for Halloween I'd rather be skinny happy Halloween everyone!! Keep it up

Sorry I don't post much I'm doing this on my phone but I read it all great job everybody!!

Last edited by going2bskinny; 10-31-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #145  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I have been super busy at work and home. I have not made much progress. Actually I gained back the weight I lost early last week. I am now again back at 230.8. I don't know what is going on. The funny thing is I was not able to eat up to my goal Sun/Mon and did not loose anything. Yesterday I went over and this morning I have lost. My sodium was over the top too. It just does not make sense. I have not been able to make it to the gym the last few days and now I am losing again. I guess I should not make sense of it and just home it continues.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #146  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

It's probably mostly water weight Lishar just keep up the good work it will come back down again.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #147  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

I don't have a digital scale so I can't get an exact weight but the needle was just below 220. I'm not going to claim the next weight down until the needle is firmly on the next number and hopefully that will be next week. Hope everyone is doing well!
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #148  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Just a quick update! Finally dropped back down from 229 and was 226.6 this morning. I am thinking about doing away with daily weigh ins and only weighing in on my official weigh in day. I think I get too reliant on what the scale is showing me and it discourages me more than encourages me. Just thinking about making that change might help me.

Also, I completed day 3 of the 30 day shred this morning, definitely start to feel a difference in my strength and endurance. I don't want to stop! I took pictures and measurements before I began so when I complete the program I can compare the differences and share them with everyone!

Another super busy day, this week is flying by and I have so much to do within a month's time right now things are just insane!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #149  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Quote:
Just a quick update! Finally dropped back down from 229 and was 226.6 this morning. I am thinking about doing away with daily weigh ins and only weighing in on my official weigh in day. I think I get too reliant on what the scale is showing me and it discourages me more than encourages me. Just thinking about making that change might help me.
My official weigh in day is Saturday but I find myself jumping on the scale during the week. I don't ever record the number until Saturday but it's a little ridiculous how much the number on the scale can effect my mood for the rest of the day. I try really hard to only weigh once a week but it's like I need to know. I keep thinking that once I get down to a certain weight, I'll stop freaking out about it but the number keeps changing.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:

Also, I completed day 3 of the 30 day shred this morning, definitely start to feel a difference in my strength and endurance. I don't want to stop! I took pictures and measurements before I began so when I complete the program I can compare the differences and share them with everyone!

Another super busy day, this week is flying by and I have so much to do within a month's time right now things are just insane!

This is great Pink, I know you been working so hard and it is paying off! Keep up the good work!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote