Old 10-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #91  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Welcome baker!!! The great thing about what you are doing is that you stopped yourself from going down the slippery slope and gaining a lot more weight. So kudos to you for being back on track!

I gained 45 pounds back of what I had lost (90 lbs). I was only 10 lbs from my goal and it slipped through my fingers slowly but surely. However I have learned from the past and now know what my triggers are and I am working my butt off to get back to where I was and reach my goal finally!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Welcome back, BAKER ~ I agree that it is fantastic that you are working to get that 10 lbs back off before it became even more. To me, that in itself, is a great NSV! 10 lbs won't take too long ...

BARB ~ yes, exercise can cause you to gain a little or even maintain; but in a short time, you will know for sure. 2 lbs is almost always temporary water-weight gain.

Had a good day despite that fact that the weather was terrible: cold, wet, windy, and chilly -- but I still pushed myself to walk today. I was as slow as a though, but I did finish it. Eating was good too.

Hope you all have a terrific OP Thursday ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #93  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Angelskeep. Chocolate covered broccoli sounds terrible. Good thing I like broccoli and chocolate is not needed. Cody Wy is a cool place, nice to know someone so close.

I went for curry chicken yesterday and I loved it. Counted calories and didn't go very far over in calories. Skipped the family ice cream and had a diet coke instead, good for me. Almost down to 222 after my week off. I have got to start exercising, I just hate it so much. Snowing today and satellite is down so no news today. Maybe will read a book for a little while between house work. Usually like the tv on in the background. Keeps me company.

Well have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome baker! And thanks for the midsection encouragement!

*WAVING* Howdy to Pink!

Want2Be-The scales was indeed kind today. I think my muscles were just retaining fluid from the extra hiking. Yaay! Cold and windy here today, just started to snow. Thankfully we just got back from our hour walking outside. And congrats to you on getting yourself up and out despite the weather. Slow is fine...especially compared to looking out the window at the weather for an hour and doing nothing ;-)

Funky-Curry sounds delish! And good for you to skip the ice cream. But no tv? EEK! Actually, this time of year I don't watch tv much, just listen to Christmas music while I make crafts. We have this weekend off, then Big Timber MT next weekend.

Everyone-Stay on track and happy trails! I'm off to finish painting Santa Claus and snowman bobbins. Gotta sew some hats for 'em to wear.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #95  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Just have to echo, chocolate covered broccoli does sound terrible.

angelskeep, it is great that you are starting with Christmas crafts. I want to make photo albums for my children and really need to get started.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #96  

Hi All, I've just joined the community and this thread really caught my attention. Over the last 10 years, I have gained and lost 4 times. Yesterday was my epiphany to pull up my big girl pants and work to get the weight off yet another time! 2nd day in and watching my caloric and fat intake and working to keep up the willpower!
ryaro05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

DH is back... and I can use his computer! Hopefully, mine will be fixed soon.

I am so happy that I lost 3 pounds last week. I've been on plan for 8 days. I am in a good rhythm. - I am so grateful for all of these.

We are scheduled to see my son & family (grandkids!) Sunday and stay thru Halloween. I really want to do well and have food sanity. I am scared. There will be so much candy, etc.

I have decided to go and do the cooking while there to be helpful. (If they don't mind... can't think they will.) That way we can have a healthy dinner and I'll have some control.

As soon as I get back home my best friend is coming for a four day visit. I haven't seen her in a long time. Again... it will be somewhat of a challenge.

It sounds like too many challenges....I'll take them a day at a time.

Hi ryaro05..... so glad you posted. Folks here at 3fc are friendly, helpful and supportive.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #98  
Rosebud

RYA ~ yes, this is the thread for you; glad you joined us here. We have all lost and gained (and some of us many times), but we plan on changing all that once and for all.

BEVERYJOY ~ wow, it certainly sounds like you have found your groove again. As for the holidays and guests: good idea to cook and you can still plan on what you have when your friend comes to your place too!

LADIES ~ I love dark chocolate, and I like broccoli -- but just not together! Food was good today. I have to eat a special diet for five days for a test I am doing: no red meats and some other stuff banned. Would you believe broccoli is one of them? We took DH to the doctors today to get some new meds; hope they help him.

The weather was really nice out there; what a change a day can make? Then our repair guy came and got two jobs done already -- yeah! So I went out for my walk just after dinner and it was really nice out so I did a nice, long one. The stars were out as was that 2/3rd moon, shining bright!

Hope you all have a fabulously OP Friday tomorrow ...
Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #99  

Height: 5'7"

Our weather has been beautiful and so warm and sunny. Today we are cold and rainy, looks like winter is coming. I love fall and hate to see the leaves go. I have enjoyed taking the kids to the playground this week and hate that we cant do that much in the winter months.

I do great eating right and then it flops. Going wedding dress shopping with my baby on sunday so hopefully seeing her in wedding dresses will inspire me to get busy and get the weight off before her wedding in may.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #100  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

BeverlyJoy, congratulations on the 3 pounds!

ryaro05, Welcome!

A funny thing has happened with me. I am finding that I am eager to weigh in the mornings. That is a sure sign that I know that I have been eating correctly. I don't get discouraged when my weight stays the same. I am happy that I am not gaining!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I had another day of being on plan and doing well. I am grateful for that. I changed my ticker down. That felt good after watching it go up beforehand. I am getting a little more into my 'Beck Rhythm' I've been writing down my food plan and logging it.

The neighbor kids' goodie bags are ready since we won't be here on Halloween. We did give the kids some sugar free gum and other halloween thingies. Dh got a candy bar to stick in each bag.

We are going to a Halloween/Football Party tomorrow. I can't decide on my 'costume'. I'll either be The Iron Chef. (apron, chef hat, utencils & an iron). Or Honey Boo Boo(blonde 'wig', honey jar necklace, & lots of band aids on). I"ve never seen the Boo Boo show... however, I don't need to watch her shows to know all about how she is. (why is this child all over the place??) I am bringing veggies and dip. The host is making subs. That should be easy to 'manuver' around that to eat healthy.

Am nervous about leaving for four days.... out of my food comfort zone. However, I did ask my dil if I could do some cooking while I am with them... for the freezer and meals too. She loved the idea.

Have a great day. I'll try to get back later.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-26-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #102  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Beverlyjoy- Congrats on the weight loss and ticker change. And I'm kinda hoping you'll lean towards being an Iron Chef, but I'm a bit biast since I'm a Pastry Chef...xD

ryaro05- Welcome

time2lose- Wanting to weigh seems like a nonscale(on a scale) victory in itself.

Yesterday was my dads bday so I did celebrate(Lots of pineapple upside down cake). I'll weigh in a few days and hope theres no damage. Think I stayed within my calorie limit though and even if I didn't, not to worried I'll go off track over one day. Hitting the gym to get a 5 mile run in and job searching after since mine ends on saturday(closing down).. Hope everyone has a fanastic weekend
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Howdy everyone. Just finishing up my "breakfast"-first meal of the day and wanted to pop on in. Small NSV for me. I need to do some laundry. I REALLY need to do some laundry. In desparation, I tried omn a pair of jeans in a size 16. Kinda had to shoehorn around the tummy, but there's only a muffin top when I sit down. I have tons of smaller sizes in jeans that I never even wore, so I'm hoping...and just 5 more pounds maybe and these ones will fit pretty darn good. Also, I made it through 2 miles of WATP holding a 2 lb. weight in each hand. I'm pretty wimpy in upper body strength, so that's a big deal for me. I've done probably 95% cardio to lose weight so far and I know I need to do some resistance stuff too, so thinking this will be a gentle way to start.

Cheryl-the Christmas crafts are fun-for a while-but it's one of my ways of earning a living, so it can get pretty stressful some days. I've been working on these same 50-60 pieces all week and it's making me crazy, LOL! I do like my work and wouldn't trade for 'nuthin' though.

Rya-WELCOME!!! Hang here and lose it all. We've a great group of chicks.

BeverlyJoy-lucky you to see the family! And your frined. And you're doing great and congrats on the 3 lbs! Keep your eyes on the prize and you'll be just fine. Your plan to do the cooking is pretty stinkin' slick!

want2B-your evening walk sounds delighful with the stars and all. YAAAAY!

dgramie-you haven't failed as long as you keep trying. Sometimes, as I'm sure you know, it just takes a certain number of days to get really back on track. Just don't give up. Have fun with the wedding dress trying on. It's an amazing experience-even made Robert sniffle when he saw our DD trying on hers.

Cheryl again-LOL! on the no fear lack of scale anxiety. YIPPEE! That's too funny. I always worry on weigh day. And I know I have been eating properly and exercising my fat backside off literally, but I still worry that it will suddenly go back up in the 240's. Makes no sense.

baker-just keep going. Pineapple upside down cake sounds delish. I wonder if there's a hungry girl version. hmmm.....hmmmm.... I may have to go check that out.

Break time is over and I NEED to get these crazy projects finished. At least some of them. I feel like I've accomplished nothing all week. UGH!

Have a great OP weeknd, y'all.
barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 10-26-2012 at 05:13 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #104  
Rosebud

Just checkin' in ladies ~ had a quiet, but good day -- food was good too. The weather wasn't as good today: very cold & windy with some later in the afternoon, so I waited til after dinner to go out for my walk. Turned out to be a good idea becuz by then the winds had died down, the sky cleared, and the stars & moon were visible again.

My lower right back had a bit of strain pain at first, so I stopped and did some stretches on the first 1/3. That helped and I was able to finish the rest at a good, steady clip (for me, that is). It was actually very enjoyable in the end.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend coming up -- give it your very best shot, ladies!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #105  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Well ladies, after my first week back on Weight Watchers I am down three pounds! Trust me, this is a big deal. Even right up to and including the day before I joined I was on a train wreck. Eating everything in my path, and even going out of my way to find more. Last Friday (a week ago) I went to Tim Horton's drive thru and got two pumpkin muffins and a 10 pack of Tim Bits, then ordered two coffees to make it look like it was for two people, but nope ... it was all for me. That was a new low for me, having to make it look like I was ordering for someone else. I knew I had to turn the train around, and the next day I went back to WW. I feel like I am back on the right track to healthy eating and taking control.

Beverly, good for you for figuring out a plan while at your dil's. We are going to be out of town for much of November, and I need to figure out a plan for that too.

Justwant2be - That's great that you are still walking. We have ice and snow here, so there is no way I am walking outside. We do have a treadmill, however, and I need to start using it.

angelskeep - Congrats on the size 16 jeans! I have lots of smaller clothes in my closet too that have been barely worn.

OK, well everyone have a good weekend.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote