Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BARB ~ I think some people don't get enuff protein. I think it depends on whether you have kidney stone or other health issues, etc. If you don't, then I wouldn't worry about it at all, esp since your protein is coming from more natural food sources. Plus, if it seems to be helping you, maybe you needed more. Your basic plan sounds good to me.

EDIT2ADD: why were you asking this question? Do you think you are taking in too many calories overall or just protein calories?

PENGUIN ~ will take a looksee at that stretch video; thanks for sharing!

ENJOYLIFE ~ thanks once again ...

Eating was very good today; washed my bedroom carpet this AM; went for an extra walk this aft even though it wasn't that nice out (waited for a break in the drizzle). Dealt with some Alzheimer's stress without eating. Overall a good day in the end ...

Have a fabulous OP Friday everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-04-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
BARB ~ I think some people don't get enuff protein. I think it depends on whether you have kidney stone or other health issues, etc. If you don't, then I wouldn't worry about it at all, esp since your protein is coming from more natural food sources. Plus, if it seems to be helping you, maybe you needed more. Your basic plan sounds good to me.

EDIT2ADD: why were you asking this question? Do you think you are taking in too many calories overall or just protein calories?
I was just curious about the protein calories. Overall net calories are really good for me when I stay on plan. Two years ago, I was using nutrition data's website to calculate my calories, but wasn't paying too much attention to the actual breakdown percentages, just kinda checking to make sure what I eat is nutritious and filling. This time, I am using MFP and it keeps track of a lot more stuff. I am eating pretty much the same way now as I was then. I am always over on protein, and a little bit under on fat and carbs according to MFP. I know when I eat like this I feel pretty good, have plenty of energy and fewer aches and pains. I had a complete blood panel thingy done while I was eating this way before and my doctor just about fell out of his chair when he got the results because everything was showing "pristine" according to him. I guess he expected them to be awful or something since I had been significantly heavier prior to that. I changed over to him from another doctor after I had already lost a bunch of pounds, just doing it on my own, no dietician or specific meal plan, just trying to eat right and move around a bunch. I've never had any kind of diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney stones, liver problems or anything except that I smoked for 30+ years and when I quit smoking 4 years ago I ate steakburgers with cheese and bacon, beef jerky, hot tamales candy etc. constantly for 2-3 months while spending a lot of time riding in the car so I packed on the pounds really quickly. They have taken a lot longer to get rid of

I just want to make sure I am not setting myself up for some kind of dreadful problems medically from eating too much protein. It's not like Atkins or paleo, just ends up being pretty high on super lean protein. I made chicken stew from scratch today-a pound of celery, 150 grams of onions, a pound+ of carrots, a pound of chicken, spices, a can of UGH! cream of chicken soup because I had it in the pantry and 200 grams of pearled barley. All of that made a huge crock pot full of stew that I weighed and divided into 8 servings. It is 245 calories per serving and 18 grams of protein. Who'da thunk? Less fat in that than there was in the 10 grams of butter I put on a white dinner roll. And the stinkin' barley has protein in it, not just carbs.

I wish I could afford to go see a nutritionist, but I spent all my money on chicken breasts and vegetables.

YIKES! I have rambled again.

Better go do my last 2 miles of WATP!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #33  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Well, I got my ride in the car. It is small, cramped, has those weird double seatbelts from the 90's, and every time Hubby shifts he elbows me, but its nicer than the one we had.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Well, I got my ride in the car. It is small, cramped, has those weird double seatbelts from the 90's, and every time Hubby shifts he elbows me, but its nicer than the one we had.
I am glad you're here. You always make me smile. Our minivan was totaled in a 3-car crash @ Christmas time and we didn't want to go into debt for a new one. I now drive a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that had 233,00 miles when we bought it in June. I have not purchased a used (let alone prehistoric) car in over 20years. The Jeep is nicer than no car.

Barb
Old 10-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #35  

Since I couldn't seem to sleep late the past two days I made up for it by over-sleeping today but it was nice. My quads are still sore but its reduced to the 6 inches right above my knees. I was supposed to do Cathe's Triple Tabata premix but I'll look for something calmer for cardio

Barb, it helps that Hubby can work on cars so that if something is wrong he can fix it. He buys cheap cars from his friends to run back an forth to work, our last 4 cars cost us less than $1000 total, but they all needed a little work. We see no point in ever buying a new car, they are so expensive.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #36  

enjoynlife-your font looks fine. too bad your Ipod can't make all our derrieres look like it did your font...I'd be first in line to buy one. My butt is always the first thing to start shrinking, like upat the top where my hips join my back. Odd place. I wish my middle would go away instead!

Everyone-just an FYI about the protein. When I did the percentages that MFP gives, it's like only 20%-ish protein, which is pretty dang low IMHO. i tried to eat their way today and I am ravenous still, so tomorrow I'm going back to my 40-30-30 type thing, which I discovered is what I just naturally drifted towards last time and it worked. And I guess the "Zone" diet is that sort of ratio though I don't really know much about it and not buying any books to find out.

So I am OP today still. I have one more WATP mile to walk beofre I go to bed, but that's easy these days. The weather is chilly outside, so I am gonna bundle up and take an outside walk for an hour tomorrow. I love being outside in the crispy cold air!!!

Barb
Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #37  
Rosebud

ENJOYLIFE ~ I am just walking up and down the streets at this point; some are good, some not so good. From here, I can go in three different directions; I think I found the best one tonight. The sidewalks are smoother too. It was a NSV for me to go 2 blocks which I did, but I had to push myself to get home as I was gone for over 40 minutes.

It was really cold out there today, with very strong winds. Next time, I need to take mittens. The biggest victory is that I went further and longer than before and I also was able to see our beautiful lake. The next step is to get right down to it, but it will be a bit of a challenge to get back up the huge hill on the way back.

Eating was really good today; I think the hearty dinner helped me on my walk tonight. I am chipping away at my goals a bit at a time. I have major holiday goals until next spring planned -- minimum 3 lbs up to 7 lbs and of course, I want to lose lots of inches and a few sizes if I can. So, onward ho; here we go ...

BARB ~ glad you got that protein thing sorted out for now; I think you'll be OK!

Hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend -- try really hard this one, OK?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-05-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #38  

I get to clean house today, but its the end of the week, I"m looking forward to the weekend. Hubby is going on interviews Monday. I just realized its only 50* here!

Enjoyn, each show has a different theme or focus, but you are on the right track! Your host is Miranda Esmonde-White, and her DD Sarah is usually in the cast. Sarah has put out her own DVDs, called Essentrics, based on her Mom's work. I'll have to check again to see if I can get them on TV, too.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #39  
Rosebud

ENJOYLIFE ~ thanks! Yes, it was cooler here today and oh boy, we had some ***** today but every lovely flake melted as it hit the ground so there's none left. It was cold & wet & blowing (almost like a mini-blizzard) so I passed on the walk, but I had a good one yesterday and did other stuff indoors today instead.

We had visitors in the afternoon and that was nice for DH; to distract his mind and keep him in a more positive frame of mind -- and of course, that helps me too. EAting was great today as well; we had baked fish and I had some corn and salad with mine.

I may make some kind of turkey tomorrow if I can thaw one out by then; if not, it will be on Monday, which is our THANKSGIVING holiday here. Gee, that just reminded me of something I have to do ...

Hope you all have a super OP Sunday tomorrow ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-06-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Morning everyone!! Things are going well with nursing school, but our washer went out yesterday! Today is usually my laundry day, but I have enough clothes to get me through until we get it fixed. Just didn't need that financial headache on top of everything else.

On a better note, it is cloudy and cool here with a nice north-northeast wind. The hummingbirds are really hitting our feeders and it is nice to sit on the porch and just watch them.

Have a great week!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #41  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Just a quick one today. Currently watching the race and Jr is not doing all that great even though he was leading earlier! I've been OP all weekend and have exercised, hoping to see a good loss for my weigh in tomorrow morning! Making some chicken alfredo tonight so I'm about to start cooking in a little while. Hope everyone has had a nice weekend!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #42  
Rosebud

ENJOYLIFE ~ I was able to thaw the turkey as it was only 8 lbs, so we had a nice turkey dinner tonight; with piles of leftovers for tomorrow and more. Will put some in the freezer for sandwiches and soup too.

The weather was very cold today; so I only went for a very short walk today as it was too windy and cold. As soon as i stepped off the porch, I was plummeted with mini-hail -- yuck. I am gonna have to get the winter clothes, hats, mitts, and boots out for this weather if I plan to get any good walking in this week, I guess.

Hope you all are having a great OP weekend ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-07-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #43  

yesterday, Hubby and I were invited to a BBQ down by the river and took April. She made friends with two little girls who were the daughters of our host. Its gotten cool, the high today is 65*, last week it was 90*! I got Hubby to get my winter clothes down from the attic, so I will start to switch those out. I haven't knit much the past month but started a green cardigan this weekend.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

had a rough week last week. i wanted to come and post on the boards but i barely had a minute to myself.

i'm looking for a new job so i was running around to all these interviews. thankfully, i'm getting interviews i suppose. however my old job expects me to complete all these tasks...which is frustrating sometimes.

my bf and i are also in the process of apt hunting. i think we have finally settled on a place (thank goodness) but man, thinking about rent and security deposits when my job situation isn't stable is also daunting.

i'm beginning a "cleanse" today though. it'll just be from today-friday. i'm hoping it'll sort of re set my system since my stomach hasn't been great lately. i'm going home this weekend though so hopefully i don't go crazy after only being able to eat fruit for a week...

hope everyone is doing well and OP!
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #45  

Enjoyn, I found the recipe online! http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/ma...eatloaves.html Our mix was really soggy so we added more oatmeal