Losing Weight - The Top Ten Tips for Success
from yassin xway
Although there is no single formula for a perfect weight loss that is application to everyone, there are general ways that suggest a successful battle against weight. Here are the 10 top tips for a successful weight loss:
1. Set a Realistic Goal and make a plan - A goal gives you something to look forward to. A good plan leads you in achieving your goal. For example, your goal is to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks and you will have to lose 1 pound per week or something similar to that. But what will you do to shed 1 pound in 7 days? This is where your plan comes in. Since losing excess weight does not happen in an instant, you will need to know what are the things you should do in order to achieve it. Factors such as eating habits and daily activities will come into play. Make a good plan that will help you achieve your goal. One you have a realistic goal and a good plan, it is up to you to faithfully follow it.
2. Set priorities - It is not enough to have a realistic goal and plan; you should as well make weight loss your priority.
3. Change your lifestyle - Eating less but staying on the couch the whole day will get you fat so do not single out the food you eat as the main reason why you are that big. Change your bad lifestyle to good and stay on it.
4. Make it a habit - Given the fact that changing your lifestyle overnight to lose weight is stressful, many will tend to stop and give up for the sake of convenience days after they have started to lose weight. What you should do then is to make sure that this thing will not happen by making your weight loss plan a daily habit.
5. Do not overdo it - Most people lose their desire to shed pounds because they realize that it is difficult. The fact is, it is not the losing weight that is difficult, it is the way they do it. Most people, with their desire to lose weight will desperately try to find the quickest way out of it without realizing that they are putting their body on too much stress. The key is in finding the right way to lose weight without overdoing it.
6. Do your research - There is a thing called BMI or the Body Mass Index. It tells about what should be the ideal weight a person with respect to the height and body type. Find it. Use the web to know your BMI. There are free BMI calculators online that will tell you your ideal weight. Now, you have a weight goal to target for.
7. Walk - Did you know that walking for 30-60 minutes a day burns stored fats, builds muscle, and speeds up your metabolism? Depending on your weight, you will be able to burn excess calories and will help you maintain or lose your weight not to mention other healthy benefits such as reducing the risk of colon cancer, heart disease, breast cancer, stroke and diabetes. Set walking as part of your daily activities. Walk on your way to the office. Walk a few minutes on your way home. Walk your dog. Take a walk around your house. Make your foot as your primary transportation if possible and not as a last resort.
8. Do not compare yourself to others - Different people lose weight differently. This is the exact reason why there is no single method in losing weight that applies to all so never adapt a lifestyle from other people just because it is effective on them. You will only end up disappointed without realizing that what you are doing is wrong. The key is to find your trigger. Set your personal goal and focus on it.
9. Ask an expert - It is not embarrassing to admit that you need help in losing weight. So go ahead whenever you feel the need to approach an expert to guide you with the proper way of losing weight.
10. Healthy Eating and Regular Exercise - A research from the University of California found out that diet does not work. What doctors suggest is to lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. Eating healthy means eating more fruits and vegetables; more protein-rich foods such as meat, eggs, and milk; more starchy foods such as wholegrain rice, bread, pasta, potatoes, and whole beans, and less fat, sugar, and salt.