Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 11:20 PM   #1  

Angry Curves

Well I joined Curves today and am also starting there low carb plan. I need to do something. I have been so far off program this past week and so depressed, that I need something to pull myself out of it. I did my first workout today and am starting the meal plan either tomorrow or wed. I have to get the foods they call for.

I also need all the modivation that you all can give me! I have been so depressed about my husband and it doesn't make matters any better when I have to go all the way to get him evey weekend. It is a 6 hour round trip and I have been doing it 2 times every week. Then there is the horrible good byes because we are never sure when he is going to leave. Then they pick a date and now they are changing it again because they can't get a flight. I just wish they would get there act together. I mean they are the millitary you think it would be a no brainer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about him going, but it is just so hard to have to say bye week after week! And it seems like the more times I have to say bye, the more depressed I get.

All of this and to top it all off, I gained more weight!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant! Now I must get ready for bed!

Bella23
Old 04-15-2003, 09:09 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

**big hugs**

I hate long good-byes - and to have to do them over and over!! I'm so sorry. I'll be glad when this whole mess is over and our men (and women) are home safe!!

I joined Curves in February and I really love it!! I haven't tried their diet plan yet, but I have the book - just have to read it!!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
Old 04-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Bella, we're there for you!

Curves is a great step for a good solid change! I hear it's fun. Let us know what you like about it.

Long good-byes stink. It's so hard on us emotionally. But hang in there. I know you're strong!
Old 04-18-2003, 12:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Bella!

I think you will really enjoy Curves. It's a lot of fun, and you get a lot more support there than at a "regular" gym. I joined there at the end of January, and so far I have lost 13 lbs and 10 inches (all over). Stick with it. You can do it!

I'm sorry to hear about the time apart you have to spend away from your husband. I know how hard that can be. Keep your chin up. I'm sure it won't be forever. It can be very lonely, but you will be okay. Keep going to Curves and let him see a little "less" of you every time he comes home.

Take care, and HUGS to ya!

M'Chelle
Old 04-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #5  

I found out about Curves a couple of moths ago but was bummed when I couldn't find one here in town, the closest 2 are about an hour away. Then I was watching a movie that we had recorded some time last year. I was so overjoyed to see a Curves commercial saying that there was one here in town, really close to my house. Went out to find it and it is no longer here Wish they would bring one back to town but I doubt they will since the first one is no longer. I would love to join but don't want to drive an hour each way just to work out for a 1/2 hour!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:23 PM   #6  

Bella,

I can only imagine what you must be going through. Hugs to you!
Closed Thread