Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #76  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOW, everyone's busy today. We had to go up town again as I forgot something. While I was at it had to pick up some vacuum cleaner belts as ours broke. We need that vacuum cleaner to work. Also picked up some extra stock up toiletries for the winter while we were at it.

TODAY'S MENU -- Wednesday (/ means done)
BF -- small banana + eggmuffin/chz/k + coffee = 345 /
LN -- grilled chz sandwich + coffee = 475 /
AS --tea bread + mocha coffee = 110 /
LAS -- small banana + coffee = 85 /
DN -- Tom/Hamb-patties + NP + stewed green beans* = 350 /
ES -- chz = 60 /
TTL -- 1425 /
* I stewed the last of our homegrown beans with a couple fresh tomatoes, onions, and shredded cabbage.

It's warmer here the last two days; thank goodness, we have a nice breeze though. Picked the last of my green beans today to have them for dinner. We got quite a few considering the small area we used. Have a great OP day everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-13-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

patchwork can you share more information about the plateau buster you're going to do? this sounds interesting to me. i'm losing. but slowly. i'm worried that a plateau might come on soon. whenever i'm around this number i sort of stall.

losetoall the spin class was great! i'm so sore today. i think the spin studio i went to was a little different than most spin classes. it's basically spin class in a night club. the room is dark and the music is LOUD. but i liked it a lot. i wasn't so worried about how crazy i looked when i was doing it since it was dark the front desk girl told me too that in this class, you're holding yourself up more (compared to classes at 24hr fitness). you're pedaling against your body weight pretty much. i was worried i was going to have to sit down a lot during the class but i was able to hold my own for the whole 60 minutes. very proud of myself. everyone leaves DRENCHED. i'm going back on saturday

sorry that this is going to be a long post but i'm glad that everyone has been mentioning "splurging" on special occasions. today is my birthday and i've been worried for weeks about what i was going to do today. but i've decided to stay on plan all day (except for dinner). i don't plan to go too crazy but i will be indulging in carbs and sugar. and then getting back on track right away tomorrow.

i weighed in today and lost another 0.9lb. pretty happy about that. it's coming off slowly but surely. i'm just hopeful that i can maintain it for monday's weigh in.

hope everyone has a good, on plan day!
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #78  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

BreadBox, this is a link to the workout. I did one of the 45m premixes that mixes the 1st and 2nd workouts together {each workout is 30min including warmup and cooldown}. I liked it, Kelly puts new twists on the exercises to make it fun. She's very encouraging and cheerful without being chirpy. She also always has a modifier for the workouts. http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/30-M...ly-C-p/512.htm Happy Birthday!

Rosebud, working vacuums are very important!

MM, hows the breadmaker? Good job on all the cleaning!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-12-2012 at 05:01 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #79  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Gah, this week has been so hectic. I'm exhausted by the time I get home and I haven't made the time to check in. I still haven't gone back down to my pre-TOM weight, and now I'm wondering if maybe my new medication is the culprit. I've had a headache for three days thanks to the meds, and I know it can make losing weight harder for some people.

I suppose time will tell. Anyway, I'm glad to see some of you are having success. I will try to make more time to check in.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #80  

Sept 12, Wed
breakfast latte
BBQ, beans, fruit, 3 brownies and 1 unidentified yummy spice bar thing.
Doritos {at least they are gone now!}
Italian Veggie crustless quiche, 1 bread/butter + iced coffee

I did 30 min of Tabata cardio

I complained about how tired I was after dinner and Hubby asked me if I wanted him to make some coffee. I exclaimed "what do you think I just dranK?"
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #81  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Last night I was doing so good until dinner then I just lost it. I am so obsessed with food. All I can do is think about it all the time. And I lose my head and do not even know how much I eat while I am eating until I am done. Then the shame and disgust sets in.

I am going to lunch with a college friend and I just want to skip it to get my diet on a more organized plan. But I will try my best.

Well hope all are well. Have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Funkyso sorry you are having a hard time! I made the mistake of just sticking my head in the sand when I felt like that until I woke up 50 lbs later. Keep fighting the good fight-- and GO TO LUNCH with your college friend! Friendship is more important than anything.

Me, I'm hanging in there. Kind of frustrated about my weight. I'm a daily weigher which helps keep me out of the denial zone. Dropped to 263 and then went right back up to 265. Ate plenty yesterday (I thought) but was so hungry last night I started to get a headache. Went to bed instead of eating. Woke up still hungry. Breakfast, then an hour later hungry. It's like my body just suddenly got the message that I've been eating less. Sigh. Am fighting the urge to drop my calories super low or cut out whole categories of food as that's led to my downfall in the past. Hopefully will see a nice dip soon.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #83  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

UBERGIRL ~ don't worry about a measely 2 lbs -- that is surely water-weight. It would take you almost a week to gain a lb of fat (remember, you would have to overeat 3500 calories to gain a lb of fat). I cannot express this often enuff -- your weight can fluctuate anywhere from 2-5 lbs of water-weight; and the bigger you are, the more it can be. I used to hold up to 12 lbs at one time, but thankfully now, it is more like 3-5 lbs. So hang in there, you will see a downturn very soon ...

FUNKY ~ do not stop living your life becuz of your plan; make your plan fit your life. As EZMONEY once told me -- LIVE BETWEEN THE STEPS! I so agree with him. I put nothing on hold now. You do not want this to be a short-term band-aide solution that rebounds; you want it to be a long-term lifestyle change that lasts. I say to you too -- hang in there, and keep on, keepin' on ...

REMEMBER LADIES ~ PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! You are practicing new strategies that will make your healthy lifestyle choices all that much easier. TIME is a great healer and a great teacher!

TODAY'S MENU -- Thursday (/ means done)

BF -- small banana + eggmuffin + coffees = 355 /
MS -- small banana* + coffee = 85 /
LN -- leftovers from last night w/corn + drink = 410 /
AS -- small apple + nuts + slc/meat + drink = 215 /
DN -- 2turkey bangers/beans + coleslaw = 450 /
ES -- chz + drink? = 70 ?
TTL -- 1585 ?
*had another small banana to use them up. As you may notice, I sometimes change my snacks based on what I have or what I feel like eating on each day; more flexibility. I don't worry about being exact on the days total, as I try to leave some lee-way, just in case I'm off a bit (I mean, short).

Well, I changed my dinner to turkey sausages, beans, and salad to get some more hearty carbs in for the day. We are planning to have home-baked pizza for dinner tomorrow night (Friday), so this works out much better for that too. Hey, they say that it's a woman's perogative to change her mind ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-13-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #84  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Checking in, ladies. Starting to feel better but this cough and the fatigue aren't going away quickly. On the up side, I haven't been eating loads of junk while sick this week. miss my workouts, though.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #85  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Can I come into this thread Ladies? I am needing some support!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I need to join in too... I feel really depressed about gaining back so much weight during pregnancy and post partum... I've been back on track now for a week and a half. Had a huge drop after my first week weigh in 9 lb, mostly water I'm sure but it at least looked good.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #87  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Everlasting and Thighs Be Gone! This is a great group and we all understand the frustrations of having to lose the weight all over again.

My weight just keeps going up and up no matter what I do. This morning the scale said 199.6, which was horrifyingly close to that 200 line I do not ever want to cross again. Alas, I really think it's this antidepressant I'm taking. But I haven't randomly burst into tears in over a week, so I feel like maybe I should stick with it for awhile and see if the weight issue resolves itself. In the meantime it is very frustrating to be restricting my diet so much with no measurable results.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #88  

Yesterday Hubby came home from work not feeling well, he says there's something going around at work, so he took some cold meds when he got home then more before bed. This prompted me to take a half dose as a pre-emptive strike, so I woke this morning groggy and stiff. Last night I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder while getting towels out of the dryer. So all this is tempting me to go back to bed! Hopefully if I stay up and keep moving I'll feel better.

Welcome Thighs and Everylasting.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #89  

Hi Thistoo. Like you, I am also on an anti-depressant--for 4 months now-- feel mentally better but worried on my weight gain. I have decided to quit drinking alcohol all together and started running again daily. Yesterday, I started journalist my foods again. I know how to take care of my body and how to love myself. I just have to make decision after decision to do it. After a week or so back on plan I am feeling more encouraged once again. I also went and had mani/pedi and my hair straightened and colored for a pick me up.

Thank you for writing back to me. Last year was a very difficult year for me. I lost both parents and had to move homes. I am ready for something good again. I remind myself of my blessings--which are substantial. 3FC is one of those.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #90  

THANK YOU PATCHWORK for the welcome. I hope your muscle is better!