Old 09-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #151  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

2bhealthy - SWEET! as log as it works for you!

omg, I just had like the smallest binge EVER lmao. We have smoked cheese in the house and I can NEVER resist smoked cheese so I have been trying to get rid of it as quickly as possible. I've been really fatigued the last week, Not sure if it's cause my cals are so low which I haven't had a problem with before or if it's the valarian root I have been taking. (I'm going to see my doc in 2 days so the cal thing might get fixed). That combined with backing in to someone earlier today made me finally throw my hands up and enter 4 oz of smoked cheese into my food diary (which still left me under cals) I went and cut the cheese, sat down with it and started eating and about a little less than halfway through it (so after eating an oz and a half) I was done. I looked at it and actually thought "ugh no more, I'm done" and put the rest away.....LMAO like I said, smallest binge ever.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #152  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DREAMER ~ ya, it's workin' fo rme -- 111 lbs worth ... good for you keeping that cheeze to a small binge. I love chz too, so I know how that is.

Just checkin' in ladies ~ had a great OP food weekend; plus today, I made a roast beef with loads of veggies; and some baked apples for dessert/snacks. Have enuff leftover for tomorrow too.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week coming up ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers..checking in. I have done good since last I posted. I am always grateful for that. I am getting more into the 'swing' of it all. I need to start thinking about going out of town soon. Ya know, reading, planning, figuring a few things to bring along. Sometimes I wish I could stay in my own little 'food bubble'. But...life would not be so fun. It's learning to live in the real world (with all that food) that is a challenge.

I made a big batch of roasted veggies this morning. It's good to have them ready. So tasty too.

Hope you've had a great weekend.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good evening everyone! I'm just getting caught up. I did miles and miles yesterday and today, combo of walking and WATP. Holy Moly! Some folks will do anything to eat an extra 1/2 a candy bar. I was in Denver recently, visiting my son who is a chef. It was before I decided I need to get back on plan. We bought oodles of fancy schmancy French & Italian cheeses. I had to have some of it for a football snack today...just HAD to. So, I measured it carefully and used it with pears instead of crackers. Yikes. I had to do 2 hours of walking and a mile of the video to stay on plan. And yesterday I did an hour and 1/2 walking and 4 miles of the video.

I remember when I coudln't even make it around the block, and I am truly grateful that I'm so much more able now and even though I am sore and tired, I can do more exercise. It has been a lifesaver for me.

SMS-I really admire you gals who have PCOS and are still able to lose weight. It has to be so difficult and it's inspirational to see so many of you who keep on going even with the challenges you face.

Want2Be-I have done the same thing'''de-fatting and skinny-izing" a lot of our recipes. Have you ever heard of Devin Alexander? She had a cooking show on one of the channels, but only for a few episodes. I think she was/is also one of the chefs involved with the Biggest Loser stuff. Anyhow, just those few shows helped me a lot, and I purchased her book, something like "the mot decadent diet book ever" which is awesome for making tasty stuff that's more nutritious. She has trhe BEST spaghetti sauce recipe, and Italian sausage, too.

Penguin-I haven't gotten over to the last page yet, but hope your hubs is doing okay and finds a job soon.

Beverlyoy-It's so hard to post when struggling, but that's when you need to post more thsan ever. All the extra support here will help you get through the tough times, and when it's going well we can all look up to you.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #155  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Just checkin in. OP today, drivers test and 2 docs appts in the morning YIKES. can you say STRESSFULL??? LMAO I am trying to decide what to eat tomorrow before the test and quite cant decide I want a sandwich but the meant is SOOOO high in calories Bleh. Will figure something out though. Kind of tired tonight and a little bit of a headache so will see whats going on when I see my dietician tomorrow.

Barb. It is amazing isnt it? LOL at least you did what you had to to stay on plan!

Beverly.Great job keeping at it!

2b - I know right? YUUMMM I put the rest of the smoked cheese in my BFs omelet this AM so I am no longer tempted HEHEHE.

Angel- Aw thanks, Wish I could take that credit though. I have been stalled for a year. Its amazing when I was at a higher weight it was SOOOO easy. I was like idk why people are having issues??? now I get it >.< To the dietician and PCP tomorrow to try to get things goin good again! I HATE slow weight loss and if I slow to the 1-2 lbs most pcos ppl get I think Ill go crazy. Not that that rate is bad but because I have felt what it is like to lose 3-5 lbs a week LOL.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #156  

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep and ate a lot of unhealthy food. This is after having one week of being on my plan.

I kind of woke up in a food fog from chocolate, cereal, and carbs. I was feeling so down. Of course, I want to give up and say 'screw it, I'll never be able to have food sanity permanently.' However I am trying to convince myself that I need to remember that most of my week was healthy & I need to concentrate on seven days, not 1 hour. That's what Dr. Beck's book always reminds us to do. Concentrate on the credits (all the things you've done right), learn from it all, and carry on.

So I will plan:

breakfast: egg whites, rice cake with pnb, roasted veggies
lunch - salad with lettuce, grilled chicken, lite cheese, carrots, rasins, crumbled taco shell, evoo, balsamic vinegar
snack - smoothie
dinner - turkey burger, brown rice, veggie
snack - rice cake with pnb

water/exercise/journal/log food/meditate/

Remember to treat yourself as kindly as you would treat a good friend. I am reminding myself of this today.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-24-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #157  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Beverly. You had a bad hour No big deal. Don't hate yourself it's all part of this journey. I have fallen off SOOOO many times after 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month I've done it all. This one blimp won't derail all your efforts and in the long run, it won't matter.

Today is the day YIKES Driving test AAAAHHHHH but 2 docs appts to get through first. We shall see how this goes *bites her nails anxiously* I plan on being on plan no matter what happens, Hoping I can do it. oh I was 2456 this am So that's good. With any luck I will be out of the 240's within the next week and a half!

Right, time to make the BF breakfast and get my smoothie on! Have a great on plan day everyone!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #158  

smsdreamer - thanks for your encouragement. Good luck on your test!

angelskeep - CREDIT for all your exericise and taking a healthy portion of cheese and pears.!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-24-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #159  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Pizza did me in again this weekend. And then last night I said 'screw it' and binged on mashed potatoes and angel food cake. I love angel food cake the calories are low and if I could have one serving I would be doing good. After the weekend I am still at the same weight so maybe the binge will not be a set back.

Barb. I am on MyFitnessPal too. I love that I can log on my iPod and it is so immediate that I use it some times as a reality check by looking at it during the day. I plan my eating for the day by entering it in the morning then it helps me stay on track. I would suggest you not eat that extra 500 calories if you can help it. You really do not need it and you will lose faster. If you get hungry then have 100-200 to tide you over but that will do. MyFitnessPal has helped me so much. I have never counted calories before. It always seemed so difficult but it work for me now.

Angelskeep. Awesome on the exercise!!!

SMS. Good luck on the test. How are you getting to the doc with no car? Hope it goes well.

Beverlyjoy. I am in the same boat. I just feel out of control. Late night eating is the worst on bloating and self esteem. You will be okay. Just come here and share and you will find I appreciate that I am not alone. Chin up and know we are pulling for you.

Have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #160  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I woke up cold this morning and wasn't very happy about it. Hubby left this morning for his work trip, usually he leaves for work and I'm still half asleep when we say goodbye but today we were both up and I watched him leave which was much worse. He feels going on this trip is a waste of his time, training for a job they will lay him off of in two months, when he could be out looking for another job.

I'm going to try 'body part a day' + cardio this week, mostly because I've never tried it before and I'm trying to keep cardio in the mix, but I may sneak a few extra body parts in here and there just to keep me interested. A workout of just triceps sounds a bit short and boring.

Dreamer, hope the appointments and test go well.

Beverly, sorry you had such a bad night.

Angelskeep, good job on all the exercise.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #161  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Planned my meals for the day (already had breakfast and lunch) and also did my P90X workout for today (Core) so I'm feeling pretty satisfied. I am just ready to see results and finally break out of the 220s for GOOD. Also I am feeling a little bloated because it's that lovely TOM but I know I won't be feeling like that for too much longer. Plus I heard that exercise helps tp relieve that feeling among others
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #162  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies. It has been a stressful 2 weeks.. I am so greatful to be reading all your guys posts and all of you are doing great. Even if you've fallen just get right back up. You guys are awesome. Now if I could only take my own advice ya know? lol.. I am starting today though to keep a journal. Someone suggested it to me and I think it might be worth a try. I am not a very good writer and I've tried to blog many times and I never keep up with it. I am going to keep up with the journal at least for 30 days and see what happens and what kind of patterns emerge from it. We'll see.
I'm going to try and come on here more often and just read or post or just come on and do something. You ladies are such an inspiration. Thank you!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #163  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

ANGIE ~ you don't have to be a literary expert to journal -- just jot down your thoughts in short notes. Like this ...

Woke up at 7. Sunny day. Ate healthy breakfast. Did some laundry. Planned lunch & dinner. Picked up some groceries. Had "blank" for lunch. Did some more housechores. Dinner went well. Went for a walk with Mojo. Felt good. Had a bath. Early to bed.

You can say more -- like what you eat specifically and why. How you felt, and so forth. Good day or Off day. Any emotions or stress. Whether you stayed on plan or not, etc.

Nice to see more of our Re-losers popping in for a bit. It's true that we just need to keep going. Take a look at what you binged on. Was it all carbs? Maybe you need to add one more to your plan. Your body may want a bit more. Are you eating too low? Were you stressed? Have you discovered a new trigger food? Then don't eat it too often anymore (say, only once a month). It's all about strategies and time and practice, ladies.

We had leftover roast beef and veggies for dininer tonight. I had a toast + pb for breakfast + a small banana; and a western omelette sandwich with chz on whole grain for lunch. Good on plan day; and am even a bit low today so far. Hey, and that's a great start to the week.

CASSIE ~ hope the test and appts went well for you.

BEVERLEYJOY ~ a couple of weeks ago, DH kept getting up and I finally got up too. Then ended up having a piece of toast + pb; but thank goodness I was low that day so I was OK. The key is to stop at one thing. I know. I know. That's the hard part. Cut back where you can, but then just continue on.

FUNKY ~ I chuckled when I read you binged on Angel Food Cake; you could probably eat the whole cake for what? ... 200 calories? I don't know, but it sounded funny! Oh, mash potatoes may just be a trigger/comfort food for you after all. Isn't this the second time you did this lately??? And this sounds like a carb binge -- yes, the body is calling you on this!

It's better to up your carbs by one serving a day than have 10 xtra servings in one day; unless you keep it all under your calories for the day. How about a total carb day but at a limit??? Maybe a new strategem, ladies....
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

SMS-Hope all goes/went well at the dr. and especially the driving test. I haven't had to a driving one in years and years, only the written part and that not for like 11 years. I think I would be so nervous now I might not pass either kind!

BeverlyJoy-dust yourself off and get right back on your ride. I know you can do it and we're all rooting for you. You had what, one day of off plan after 5 days on? Should still be ahead of the game.

LoseToAll-Yikes! I have to eat back those calories or I'll starve! I'm not good at feeling deprived and 1200 calories a day eaten is deprived for me. I would rather do a little more exercise now that I can. I wasn't always able to. I figure out a general meal plan and my exercise for the day ahead of time and then adjust everything to exactly as I go. I am making a new Jamaican stew dish thingy for dinner, and I wasn't sure of the exact calories of each thing...onions, collard greens, sweet potatoes, etc. until I actually got them weighed and added, so I adjusted accordingly. And planned my exercise based on maximum I will eat today. I'm not sure yet if the stew will be 4 or 6 servings, so I figured it for 4 and if it's more, then I have a deficit bonus. Same with exercise. I did an hour walking outside already and have 2 miles to go today with WATP. If I feel like it, I will add a mile. And then it's a bonus. But it's nice to know I have the option of a little more food or a little less exercise if I want.

Penguin-what is the body part a day thing? Is it on tv or video or ???? Sometimes I worry because I don't do much weight training kind of stuff, just whatever is on WATP and once I get a little more fit again, I'll add 2 lb. weights in each hand as I walk outside and also for the WATP miles. I would be interested in the body parts thing if it's helpful.

Pink-Howdy and good job planning your food. Exercise should definitely help with TOM...brain chemical stuff that's over my head, but helpful nonetheless.

Angie-hello also to you. Journaling is a great idea. If you are doing well, then you can look back later and see what was working. If you're struggling, it will help you to understand why and make corrections. Want2Be's example is AWESOME. You don't have to be perfect, just make notes for yourself to read however you want to go back and see them.

Want2Be-I'm glad to be a re-loser with everyone, too. It's helpful when there are ppl who are going through the same things I am...'cause y'all "get it". And I appreciare the reminder to think about what caused me to backslide. It was just inattention and laziness in my case, no big binges, no catastrophic event, but a slow and steady ride down the slippery slope. And your roast beef sounds delicious.

Time to go and finish cooking dinner. Have to turn the crockpot to warm and add some lite coconut milk. I am splurging and having ONE frozen biscuit with dinner tonight. No butter. I forgot to have my snack, so I guess I have a 200-ish calorie bonus or I can eat more later. 1/2 cup of plain ff yogurt and a banana. Prolly will eat the banana later and skip the yogurt. Dessert tonight is frozen pumpkin yogurt, homemade kind, so that would be redundant.

Everyone keep at it.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #165  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 20min of weights for chest, 30min of tabata cardio, seasoned the cast iron, vacuumed, washed dishes, started swatching for new sweater Meteor in blue, finished Bible study lesson, put some books away, and made a list of more stuff to do tomorrow!

Angelskeep, today I did 3 exercises for chest, tomorrow I'll do a segment for legs, Wed is arms, Friday is back and Sat will be shoulders. There are more variations. I usually do total body workouts or upper body one day then lower body the next and sometimes a 3 day split {which bundles some of the above together such as biceps/triceps on one day, chest/back on another and legs a third}. I prefer weights to cardio and rotatating the muscle groups helps my body and keeps me interested. I work out to dvds so I get to mix and match.

Angie, the journal is a good idea. I don't like to write things out by hand but I will type a great deal out. You might try your journal in Word, that way no one but you can read it.

Pink, I hated Core Syn, great workout but it never got easier!

Rosebud, your omelette sandwich sounds good. I'm planning a quiche for later in the week. Hubby will eat quiche but its not his favorite.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote