Just complaining about "Cleansing Phase"

• I went on Monday to the Medical Weight Loss Clinic to start my program. They said that I would have to do a Three Day Cleansing.

For breakfast in the morning for three days, I can have 1 - 2 eggs & 1 Orange

For lunch on the three days, I can have all the red meat and salad that I want.

For an in between snack, I can have an orange.

For dinner on the three days, I can have all the red meat and salad that I like.

Well - needless to say I am going CRAZY on this three day cleansing!!! I cannot wait for tomorrow to be OVER with so I can start my "Regular" diet. Whatever that will be.

Tomorrow I go for a class, and they will tell me about the specific program I am to follow. Hopefully it has more variety than this cleansing diet!

I just feel so tired, cranky, and hungry! (Must be having sugar/carbs withdrawls!) lol.

One more day - I know I can do it - it is just so hard!

Anyways - thanks for letting me complain - just needed to get that all out lol

~ Kari ~
  • I am just impressed that you could spend three days like that. I don't think I could do it.
    I hope that you like your "diet" better!
  • You probably are having sugar/carb withdrawls but think about how great it will be to have a "clean system."
  • hmm, that sounds interesting. and not THAT bad, as far as cleaning goes.

at least it's not the diet with the tuna and beets! i did that one... ew.
  • red meat and orange.. sounds like a dream to me! but where's the chocolate????

how are you feeling today?
  • Great Day!!
    Thanks everyone for the replies!

Last night was horrible - I wanted something sweet SOOO bad, but I resisted, and you know what? I feel WONDERFUL today!

Today is the third day of cleansing (and my last). I just got back from the Medical Weight Loss Clinic, and my diet class.

My starting weight for the program was 304 lbs. Today I weighed in at 300 lbs exactly!

I am so happy today! I know most of the loss at first is water, but I still cannot help but be happy about it - it's a start!

Now I have to go to the clinic 5 days a week for the first 2 weeks, then 3 days a week after the two weeks.

Thanks again for all of the replies, you are all wonderful!

~ Kari ~
  • kari - woo hoo! A loss is a loss...take it any way you can get it
  • Kari,

You should definitely be happy with the loss!! It all counts and you worked hard for it!!
  • Congrats on your loss!! I'm looking forward to hearing about your new plan, be sure & post tomorrow to let us know.
  • Way to go Kari - now you are a big loser.. Just like us!
  • Congratulations Kari. What a wonderful sense of accomplishment you must feel -- not to mention the great things you've done for your body.

Keep up the great work!
  • Thanks!
    Thanks again everyone! Yesterday, I meant to post how my program works, but I was so excited that I forgot! lol

Anyways - here is pretty much how it works now that I am done with the cleansing part.

Breakfast:

1 - protein (which is one egg or 2 oz. of egg beaters)
    1 - starch (1 piece of bread, rice cake, cereal, ect...)
    1 - fruit (any)
    1 - 8 oz glass of skim milk

Lunch:

1 - protein (fish, chicken, beef, no lunchmeats)
    1 - starch (small baked potato, pasta, rice, ect...)
    2 - vegetables (must be fresh or frozen, no canned)
    1 - fruit (any)

*** In between snack IF hungry = Nutrient Bar (which I must add are YUMMY! ***

Dinner:

1 - protein
    1 - starch
    2 - vegetables
    1 - fruit

*** Another in between snack if I get hungry = Nutrient Bar***

For beverages I can have:
    Caffeinated Coffee or Tea - 2 cups/day
    Crystal Lite, in place of pop - 2 glasses/day
    Decaffeinated Coffee - Unlimited
    Diet, Caffeine free Pop - 2, 12 oz. cans / day
    Herb Tea - unlimited
    And of course, all the water I want

This is my first official day on this plan. The last three days was the "cleansing phase."

I haven't had any troubles today, and it feels good to eat other meat besides beef. I don't feel hungry after I eat, and I don't have the urge to cheat.

I go back to the clinic today to get weighed in and ask any more questions that I may have. I know there won't be a difference in my weight yet, since I was weighed yesterday, but hopefully within the week, I'll be down a few more pounds!

Thanks everyone for the support, you are all wonderful, wonderful people! You are all doing wonderful in your weight loss journeys. Keep up the great work!

~ Kari ~
  • Sounds like a great plan--are they making you do any weight lifting or other exercises?
  • Exercise
    They haven't put me on an excercise program as of yet. Right now I have been walking several times a day, plus the clinic is located about 6 blocks or so from my house, so I can walk there to get weighed.

I would like to get a membership at a gym to start some kind of exercise routine, but unfortunatly I cannot afford that, with this program.

I have found a few things I can start out with at home by using items in the home, like cans of food. They say those work good for doing arm exercises.

I also have a booklet they gave me with exercises I can do around the house. Climbing stairs will also be good.

Each day I feel a little more motivated, so I'm sure I will be increasing my exercise soon.

~ Kari ~

P.S. - Went to the clinic again today to weigh again, and down another 2.8 lbs - I can only guess that it is water loss though because I don't see how I could just lose weight like that...but hey...I'll take it!
  • That is so great!! I am so proud of you. The first step is always getting started and now your past the cleansing stage!! Yaaahhhooo! It sounds as if they have you on a very sound program. I looked it up on the internet. Sounds great!!! Wish it were closer!!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!