My first 10lbs gone gone gone.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know many of you are farther on your journey. I just have to jump a bit. My first 10lbs gone. Most of this was water weight but it still counts toward the total I need to loose. I just wanted to share this. My next goal will be 10 more lbs.
  • Well, 10 pounds is significant enough, and certainly adds up over time! Way to go!
  • Woo hoo! That's great!!!!! You're on your way!
  • Congrats! It just keeps feeling better and better after this!
  • Awesome! Go you!
  • I keep telling myself this is doable in 10 pound increments. You got the first 10. Celebrate! Then tackle the next 10. Congratulations!!!!
  • Thanks so much ladies. This means so much.

I had my first hurdle today. I went out to eat. I was nervous because it was burger place. Lucky I knew where we were going and looked online at the menu. I found a nutritional listing online and I was able to feel better about my choice. This helped me so much. I had half a turkey melt without the bacon/mayo. It was 580 before taking off the bacon and mayo. It came with a chicken cobb salad that I was too full to finish so that was dinner at 300 calories. All and all a success I think. I am still under my limit for the day. :-)
  • Quote: Thanks so much ladies. This means so much.

I had my first hurdle today. I went out to eat. I was nervous because it was burger place. Lucky I knew where we were going and looked online at the menu. I found a nutritional listing online and I was able to feel better about my choice. This helped me so much. I had half a turkey melt without the bacon/mayo. It was 580 before taking off the bacon and mayo. It came with a chicken cobb salad that I was too full to finish so that was dinner at 300 calories. All and all a success I think. I am still under my limit for the day. :-)
    This is great! I do that very same thing. I try to pick out what I'm having before I go and then I don't even have to look at the other tempting options... Keeps me in check too!
  • Congratulations! 10 lbs is two 12-packs of diet soda on my scale. Now, that's a visual! Or, 1/4 bag of potting soil! That's quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work!
  • That's great! 10lbs is well on your way to a healthier you! Congrats.
  • Congrats to you ! You can do it. If I can do it anybody can do it !LOL
  • I am up 2lbs today so I should have waited to celebrate. Not sure why but I will keep trying. Water, under 1500 calories, and exercise. I know this will happen.
  • Quote: I am up 2lbs today so I should have waited to celebrate. Not sure why but I will keep trying. Water, under 1500 calories, and exercise. I know this will happen.
    I think if you wait to celebrate til the end this will make it a super long journey. Take every bit of loss and every bit of maintenance and run with it for joy. That way these gains won't be a big deal. Keep workin it! You can do it!
  • Lishar don't discount your successes! Our weight fluctuates every day, celebrate you still have 8 pounds lost and just keep going forward! Good job!
  • Thanks ladies. I am in this for the long haul. I know there will be ups and downs. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.