Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default Wow - so much food !

Help...... have been here on vacation in Florida for 4 days - have already put 3 lbs on despite working out daily ! Argh!!!
There seems to be so much food available here. We went out for dinner last night - I ordered nothing, yet still ate more than normal ! I know what I need to do, know what I need to eat, but going to restaurants is quite alien to me and I'm truly finding it hard. What to do??
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I assume you are having little tastes of everyone else's food, which is always fun. Maybe you should order something reasonable for yourself. That way you have some control. You might be retaining water, too.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

What have you done in the past when you traveled? I recall something about a great vacation you were on last summer and I think you may have even lost weight on that trip? Or is my memory faulty?

If I am at a big chain restaurant I look up my meals on myfitnesspal on my smartphne. I cut my meal in 1/2 and create an imaginary divide and do not eat the other 1/2. You could order a double order of steamed vegis ... hold the butter if you like them that way. Ask the waitstaff for low cal suggestions. I am not sure if you have access to a fridge, but a quick stop to the grocery store and you could stock up on yogurt and other breakfast or healthy snack foods. While traveling if I do not have a fridge, I put the yogurt in the ice holder.

Last edited by envelope; 07-23-2012 at 10:49 PM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I do the same as envelope with one exception. When I go out like we did last night. I ask them to bring a box at the beginning of my meal. I then put half of it in the box to take home. Even if you have no place to store the food while your on vacation you can do this and just throw it away. I know people hate to throw food away but it looks better in the trash then on you.

Sometimes you can make request and they will do it too. We have a local Chinese place here that has stir fried vegetables but if you ask they will steam them instead of frying.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote