Old 06-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #16  

I think that it is the anonymity that I prefer on a site like this. I do have before shots to look at and compare as I go along. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't take pictures when I lost 80 pounds 5 or 6 years ago. There is not a single picture of that journey. I have a few head-shots from when I was gaining the weight back but that's it.

I do have a Facebook but I rarely even log in.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #17  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I never took pictures of myself. I shunned those cameras and hated them because I was ashamed and embarrassed of my appearance so no I don't post pictures online because I have none!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I have never posted my picture online, mainly because I'm a private person but also because for so long I have thought of myself as hideous looking. And I also worry people who I know might see it and read some very private comments.

My big fear is going to come up soon and that's online dating. I'm not ready to do it yet, but I worry a lot that people I know will see it, or that I'm so ugly that there will be nothing but rejection
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #19  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I never used to post pictures of myself online. Mostly because so few existed. I used to be camera shy because I always thought I looked huge in pictures (because I was obviously a tiny little 275-lb fairy, the camera was lying- ). Anyway, I did EVERYTHING I could not to appear in pictures so that I not only didn't post pictures online, but friends and family could also not inadvertently post me online either. I met a few really cool guys online through football (soccer) forums or an africa interest forum but things always petered out because I was never willing to send pictures or even let them no what I look like for fear of judgement. I hate saying this, but it's the truth.

With weight loss, I feel a lot more confident. I'm more likely to put up pics and post myself online. Because I'm generally a private person and also have a fear of being judged AND/OR having my pics used for some nefarious purposes (like what, I'm not quite sure), I try to be really careful of what I post. I try to keep my face out of it, for example. If I'm posting progress pics on an open site like this, then I tend to just do body shots or have my face obscured in some way.

KittyKatFan: I totally identify with your post. Those are my biggest fears about online dating too. I think I need a thicker skin but right now I'm really frightened of rejection... mostly because I've never really been rejected... mostly because I've never ever ever put myself out there for rejection. #sigh
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote