Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #91  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Smile jumping in

Thank you penguin for inviting me over; I'll take you up on the offer!

So here's my back story: way back in 1988 I lost between 80-85 pounds; then I got married, pregnant and gained it all back plus 75. Then in 2005-06 I lost 60 of that which I regained plus 24 reaching my all time high of 319. So now I am back on the wagon and struggling.

I've read through this thread and realized most of us are in the same boat. It's one of the things I love about 3FC; we are accepted for who we are and where we are. I have managed to string together 3 fairly on-plan days so hopefully...

Penguin, it is so true about buying the package of cookies!!! My biggest downfall this past month was buying the salty chips and crackers and then eating all of them!!! What I try to do for me if I buy chocolate, my other huge weakness, is to put it away in the freezer. If it is out of my sight, then maybe I won't eat it right away and will be in a proper frame of mind to enjoy it instead of inhale it.
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

We got our power back a couple of hours ago. That is my number one gratitude. We had a storm blow through Friday afternoon.. it was a micro burst - the sky got black & 80+ miles an hour winds. Things were flying through the air. We never expected or anticipated it. 300,000 households my area lost their power. Luckily my mom had power - so grateful for that.

At first the radio said our area wouldn't get power until July 3-7! To our happy surprise it came on a couple of hours ago. We kept our fridge and freezer closed - but, by the time we could find any ice it was too late for most of the food in our fridge/freezer. We threw away most of the food, except for some half thawed things in the freezer. Actually an unintentional way cleaning out the fridge. We will cook up those things today we could save.

It's all OK - we are all well. It was SO HOT & feel weary of this ordeal, though. We checked on mom and took a few things to her freezer. Spent time helping neighbors. We shot off some fireworks for the kids at dark. .

Our neighbor, however, came over yesterday morning with a dozen donuts for us and a dozen for four other families, each, on this end of the street. If find it fascinating that is what they thought DH and would need to get us through the heat and mess. Actually, it was something that didn't need cooking or refrigeration. LOL So, yesterday I ate 4 donuts and we found a restaurant for dinner where I had a salad. Today we will go to the store for fresh food and things we tossed out.

It was kind of a lost healthy food couple of days. But, I will move forward. Tonight DH is cooking up turkey tenderloin, pork tenderloin, hamburgers, turkey burgers, chicken breasts and hot dogs. A couple of families are coming over. We'll take some to my mom, eat some this week, and freeze any of the cooked food that we can.

I've learned that I am way too old and fat to live in 100 degree conditions without a fan... let alone not air conditioning. Of course, I didn't have either as a kid... But, I am a softy on it now - literally and figuratively.

I hope you are all well, safe, & cool.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-01-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #93  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Peggy, good to see you here! I occasionally bake cookies or muffins then hide them in the freezer.

Beverly, I'm glad the ordeal is over and you have power again. We lost power after a storm a few weeks ago and lost everything in the fridge, also. I haven't bothered to restock a lot of 'regulars' just to see if I really want them.

Hubby had to go into work to help a new co-worker figure out the computer system. I'm working on sleeves for a sleeveless sweater I knit last fall, then determined I would be happier if it has sleeves.

One of the sites I buy my workout DVD's from is having a big sale. So I'm looking for new inspiration. I don't have many kettlebell DVDs so I'm mostly looking at those.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-01-2012 at 02:04 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #94  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Hi ladies. We had our power turned back on at 8:30 pm last night. WE are beyond spoiled with electricity. It is hard to sleep without fans.

How has everyone's diet changed from when they were just getting into this, vs. the "I'm serious about this, and willing to make these sacrifices...?" Thankfully, my bingeing is at a minimum--that in itself took 3 months to control it. I eat fruits and vegtables more than anything. More than not, I don't miss the extras that makes me feel yucky. There a is a significant difference when you truly are commited to the program than lying to yourself and messing around....have a happy day!
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #95  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to all you NEWBIES that have joined us over here. It doesn't matter how much you have to re-lose, we are all in the same boat here. We all make mistakes and learn from them as we go along.

BEVERLYJOY ~ glad that you got your hydro back; and everyone is safe. Plus what a blessing to be able to salvage some of that meat for a huge BBQ. Yes, you can refreeze it once it's cooked. Yes, onward HO after that weekend ... what weekend?

FUNKY ~ I just grow a few things here; we get the rest on sale at two different places we shop. I love green beans and they grow so easily in little space, that's why I grow them. They are expensive to buy here fresh. I also grow a bit of salad stuff (lettuces, radishes, onions, & cherry tomatoes).

We had lovely weather here today; but we had a huge downpour the other night too with hail. Some snuck in our laundry room (I forgot that I left the window open in there to cool things down). The weather is supposed to return this week, so the A/C is going in tomorrow AM.

We had BBQ spit chicken this weekend; I had corn and salad with mine tonight. So I didn't have to cook and heat the kitchen up. Now I have to go plan what we can have for dinners for this week that won't be too hot -- salads, bunwiches, hot dogs, burgers, etc.

Have a great OP week ladies; and try to keep cool ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-01-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #96  

So I bought 2 DVD's: AOS Empire State and Lauren Brooks' Kbell Lightening. I'm thinking about AOS Newport but I'm not sure I need it.

I finished one sleeve of my sweater, now on to the next. Hubby had to go into work for a few hours after church, so I've been puttering around the house.

We did go out and play with the kettlebells. Hubby had been outside for a while, was already hot, and it was still 90* so we didn't stay long but it was nice to have someone to workout with.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #97  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

WOW! I'm gone for two days and I think this thread grew 3 pages!

Welcome to all those who have joined us.

We had a busy weekend, but managed to spend a couple of hours kayaing yesterday. It was glorious I'm still really struggling with the scale. I've actually been under my calorie goal for the past few days and had all my water plus some. No loss in more than 2 weeks again. AAARRRGGGHHHH!

It's supposed to be hot, hot, hot here all week so I'm trying to plan healthy meals that don't involve heating up the house and I'm finding that challenging to do with any real variety. We had grilled chicken last night, there will be turkey burgers tonight, grilled shrimp tomorrow, steak tips Wednesday...then what? Do you guys have any favorites that are pretty low carb? (and don't involve salad since we all eat some version for lunch almost every day)

Off to be productive, I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #98  

Height: 5'7"

hint...you can make a cassorole and put in the fridge and just heat a serving at time in the microwave. I made a chicken one and hubby is eating on it. I am eating lots of fresh veggies and my tummy is kinda fussing at me for eating so many,LOL.
Its time for me to increase exercise..well start it daily!!

We got about a half inch of much needed rain last night and my grass is growing again. Guess we will have to figure a time out to mow and weedeat before it gets too hot.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #99  

Well, it didn't take me long to go off plan and eat some sugar. I made brownies last night. Then iced them. The good news is I subbed the applesauce for the oil and added some extra cinnamon to help counteract the sugar spike, at least. I only had 1 then froze the rest for a later date. TOM is this week so I blame that.

Hubby and I are shopping today. Fun stuff, then groceries and essentials.

Dgramie, adding coriander to veggies is supposed to help with tummy issues. It has a nice lemony flavor, and actually does seem to work.

Sue, I'm trying to eat less meat so I came up with bean tacos, I'd rather just leave the meat out than try to sub something like tofu. I start with onions/peppers, cook those down, add spinach, tomatoes, and corn. Let that heat through, then add black beans and taco season packet. I'm sure there's a lot of salt in there but I haven't looked for a taco season recipe yet. Hubby and his friend even liked it.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #100  
Starting stronger.

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi, everyone! So glad to find this thread, I think it's just what I need.

I lost 45 lbs in 2008, then got pregnant, had my DD and immediately (within two months PP) got pregnant again with DD2. Two pregnancies in two years brought me back to my starting weight.

Then in early 2010 I started getting active on these boards. It really helped me get serious about eating well, and I lost 35 lbs within four months. AND THEN I had an emergency gallbladder removal and used that as an excuse to eat what felt "good" for a while. I avoided 3FC because I felt guilty about my choices and didn't want to face everyone who had helped support me to lose those pounds I was now gaining back. Before I knew it I was back to where I started from, plus a few extra lbs. for good measure.

I've learned a few things about myself:

1. I need to weigh myself every day. (Because I can't be trusted.)
2. I cannot go off plan for any reason. (Because I can't be trusted.)
3. I need to log my food daily. (Because I can't be trusted.)
4. I need to plan my food choices in advance. (Because I can't be trusted.)

I'm really hopeful that getting back to posting at 3FC will help me the same way it did before. I've eaten really well so far today, so that's an improvement!
Cita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #101  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Default Morning

I have already had pizza and chocolate this morning. I am going to have to restrict my calories the rest of the day. I am not hungry but I want to eat more just to make me feel better. I am an emotional eater and I am emotional for some reason today. I am staying close to my calorie count but not on. I know that if I eat the disgust, self loathing and disappointment will come. I know it but it doesn't make it stop.

How do you sub applesauce for oil? Is it straight across? Does it work for everything including box mixes?

Weather here is hot so we just stay in. Youngest son is a cub scout camp and my older son and I just came back from swimming lessons. Now I am doing laundry. Oh the everyday duties of a wife and mother.

4th of July is on Wed. And we are planning on going to the Avengers. We have saved up to go and we are glad it is still in the theaters. I am so excited to have my DH home. Taking days off is not an option for us because he has to take days without pay. But we will in a month or two to go to Idaho to see the King Tut exhibit. I am so excited. The kids are going to love it and so will I.

Well back to work. Have a great great OP day. Lsfunky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #102  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

One thing we are NOT having here this summer is a heat wave...it was sunny and warm on Saturday at 65F. Today it is cooler, though. No excuses for me to not get outside...

Weighed in at 254.2 this morning, so things are still going pretty well. Swam last night with #1 son, which is always fun and energetic.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #103  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
I've learned a few things about myself:

1. I need to weigh myself every day. (Because I can't be trusted.)
2. I cannot go off plan for any reason. (Because I can't be trusted.)
3. I need to log my food daily. (Because I can't be trusted.)
4. I need to plan my food choices in advance. (Because I can't be trusted.)

back, CITA ~ Yes, many people are learning the same thing; I must plan and log or it's a slippery slope. I prefer to stay on plan as much as possible; like you, I find it easier to stay on plan than to continually fight to get back on plan.

SUMMER MEALS ~ so far, I have come up with turkey sausages (bangers), subs or bunwiches, sandwiches, beef or chicken burgers, hot dogs (chicken), pork chops, steak, beans, omelettes, salads for me, re-heated leftovers, etc. Those meatless tacos and casserole ideas sound great too. I can get away with one micro-meal a week too (ravioli or frozen dinner, etc) for DH, but that's all. I'm thinking of cooking up some dinners in batches on the cool, rainy days and freezing them too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-02-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #104  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone. Nice to see people on here conscious of the choices they are making. I am trying to be too. So far, I am on plan with my eating today.

Two things I am proud of today -

1. I went for a 30 minute walk even though it was starting to get mighty hot. I could have chucked it, but I didn't.

2. I was craving an ice cream cone and almost went out to my local shop to get one, but instead
I went for a Greek yogurt and some Kashi cereal. Still had sugars and calories - but I got a lot more nutritional bang for my buck and it kept me full longer than an ice cream would.

I am an emotional eater too, and I have been feeling emotional over the past 2 or 3 days. PMS time. I really do turn to food during this time, but I am trying to stay on plan.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #105  

Round 1 of shopping is over. We just got too hot to keep going and came home to rest before going to the groc store later. I remembered there's a used exercise equipment store that's I'd like to look for kettlebells. They've gotten more expensive!!!

Cita, welcome back. I remember you!

Guac, I'm trying to remember to stop and think about WHY I want to eat before I head to the kitchen. Then decided.

Calluna, no heat wave? can I come visit you!? Hubby asked the rhetorical question "why do we live here again?" as we stepped from the AC into the heat...I had an answer this time "Because you didn't like Seattle!"

LoseToAll, I sub 1/2c applesauce for 1/2 cup oil. I also use the applesauce instead of oil when I bake bread each week. Smashed bananas work also but perhaps not for sandwich bread? I had to let the brownies bake an extra 15min but its worth it.