Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi coaches...friends.... Well I got through yesterday pretty well on plan. That's two solid days. I am grateful for that. My back is feeling a little bit better.... still have a way to go. Improvement is good.

Yesterday - my credits were that I wrote down all my food, planned my food (however, didn't write it down in advance), measured my food, logged my food, lots of water & a few gentle stretches.. It's a start to try and get to where I know I can find some 'peace' with food.

calluna - yes, it's hard for me and other's to face so many things without the food crutch. But, we keep trying!!

justwant2bhealthy -Thanks. I will absolutely get help with the hose and watering. This morning I gave the little boy next door a 'job'. He watered each plant...I told him to count to thirty two times while watering each different plants. I think it helped him give each veggie a good drink.

patchworkp - all the exercise is awesome. Big credit!.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #62  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Every summer, I lose 10-20 lbs, last summer before October I checked in at 145! YAY... and then school, and stress, and drinking and suddenly I balloon to 173, I'm stuck in this cycle of summer loss winter gains and it sucks! This year... I have a plan... sort of...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #63  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Default Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Every summer, I lose 10-20 lbs, last summer before October I checked in at 145! YAY... and then school, and stress, and drinking and suddenly I balloon to 173, I'm stuck in this cycle of summer loss winter gains and it sucks! This year... I have a plan... sort of...
What is your plan? You sound very disciplined during the summer. Is it the holidays that get you? How do you lose during the summer?
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #64  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Default Days

My days have been sad. DH job is up in the air and insurance is now $580 a month we have looked into outside insurance and it is more and less benefits. It is terrible for us. We are barely making it. Too much stress on both of us and it is not good. I have stayed on plan for the most part I have chocolate integrated into my calorie counting which helps but I am up and down the same few pounds never breaking the 227. So frustrating. Well enough with my complaining. Thanks for listening. Lsfunky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #65  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

My plan is the same. I always calorie count and bike / Shred.
Last summer was the same. I counted calories and would work out every day.
This year... I'm thinking that was too much to keep up with. I just need to work out 3-5 days a week and calorie count but maybe not so strict?

It's so sad doing so well and blowing it. It's stress of school and feeling like I don't have time to cook or work out that blows it. I also am a STRESS EATER! I love latte's and baked goods when I feel the heat of classes. It sucks, and maybe I need an activity when I'm stressed. I'm thinking of going to the counselor this year instead of a coffee shop.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #66  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby was only 30min late so that was nice. I tried to make hot dog buns out of the part of the dough, they didn't turn out well, more like crunchy dog treats. Sigh. We found some turkey hot dogs with no preservatives, which are very good. I didn't realize they were turkey until I'd eaten a few. Hubby picked them out.

I just looked at my join date and realized June is my anniversary for joining 3FC.

Kuri, don't think of it as blowing it. Learn that you need to take more time for yourself. When we first started the Regainers Beverlyjoy pointed out that we all sounded mad at ourselves for 'letting this happen'. Learning to let go of the anger I felt at myself was a big step to getting back on track. The counselor sounds like a good idea.

Losetoall, I hope your Hubby's job is stable. We've already been told that in January Hubby's company is going to cut our insurance way back. We are hoping its not going to be as bad as it sounds.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #67  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Well, today has been pretty good so far. Ate well. I do a lot better these days because I'm cooking healthy for my partner on doctor's orders. Going to the pool here in an hour or so for some laps!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #68  

Knitting meeting this AM, then my parents are taking me to lunch, and prehaps some shopping. Kettlebells for later.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #69  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! Yesterday's college orientation went well. I was able to make good food choices but my water consumption is still too low. I find that really hard when I'm out and about.

Penguin, You've been a madwoman with those kettlebells lately, congrats on getting in all the workouts!

calluna, I hope cooking for your partner makes things easier for you. I find cooking for the non-weight concious in my family difficult. I don't want to put anyone on a diet, but I don't want to sabotage my own efforts either. Stirking a balance can he tough.

kurisitaru, Welcome! It sounds like you have a good plan in place to succeed! Keep hanging with us and we'll throw in some to the mix.

Funky, I'm sorry to hear of DH's job uncertainty and insurance chnages. Those stressors can make it even harder to stay OP. I feel your pain bouncing around the same few pounds. I've been trying to break 196 for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting nowhere fast. I keep reminding myself that if I do the right things, the right things will happen. Eventually I'll convince myself that it's true

Beverlyjoy, I'm thrilled you've found a gardening assistant and can be sure all your hard work there pays off. Be gentle with yourself annd your back - you'llbe hancing again in no time!

Rosebud, We've had the same weather here but it's supposed to get hot tomorrow and staying the 90s for a few days. I'm looking forward to some kayaking over the weekend to enjoy the sunshine and get some sun on my face.

We have a work cookout scheduled for lunchtime today, I'm hoping there are healthy options available to keep me on the straight and narrow. I have dinner plans with a girlfriend and this day could go to he!! in a handbasket if I'm not careful.

I hope everyone has a great, OP day!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #70  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
I feel so much better when I'm nurturing my health!
Oh Yeah! It is true isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
Hi! I am still around. Have been struggling - but, am turning it around. I must learn that food doesn't solve stress, pain, frustation, emotions, etc. Also, that being out of town and going to celebrations isn't a liscene to eat just anything I want.
I love quotes, & I have to share a couple of my favorites that really work for me with both these issues that I also struggle with, emotional eating and cheating...
"If hunger isn't the problem...then food isn't the answer."
"Persistence and willpower pays off and the 'just this once' mentality will sabotage you over & over again."
*I have both these quotes printed and hanging in my office*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseToAll View Post
My days have been sad. DH job is up in the air and insurance is now $580 a month we have looked into outside insurance and it is more and less benefits. It is terrible for us. We are barely making it.
You are in my thoughts...financial stress is the pits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I just looked at my join date and realized June is my anniversary for joining 3FC.
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you are here! You were one of the first people to welcome me when I was a newbie

My good news: I am down 7.2 lbs this week - 2 lbs is the weight I gained last week from cheating, but I am "back in the game."

My stresses: Son who just started college, possible 3rd new boss in 1 year (re-orgs...gotta love them), Husband's job may require us to leave our 3 acres in paradise & move back to "DC Metro-****." I am trying to find new coping mechanisms for all the change I don't control and all the uncertainty. I keep telling myself "Things will work out as they are meant to be."

Happy Thursday All!
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #71  

Funny story: I send Hubby a text telling him about my workouts. Today's read "I did 45min of Kettlebells"

H: "after all you did earlier?"

"What did I do earlier?" {I've been sitting all day!}

"The other day...you did kbells"

"That was Tuesday...This is today!"

I should point out Hubby doesn't exercise. And unlimited texts exist to drive each other nuts.

Gem, I like your "things will turn out as they are ment" philosophy. I've spent some time this past year learning not to worry about things that may or may not happen. Great job on your loss!

Sue, Like you, I have a hard time getting my water in on days I'm away from home.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks... yesterday was a healthy food day - I am always grateful for that. I accomplished some of my goals: planned/measured/logged food, lots of water, always left a bite, watched my sodium, posted here & tried to taste the food.

My little water the garden helper came again this morning. He help watering the annuals, veggies and any newly planted plants. It's very very hot with little rain. Ugh... plants are stressed out.

I hope you are all doing well.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #73  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, it was today, just like they expected; but we got up earlier to transplant the raspberry & blackberry bushes. Everything went smoothly -- too smoothly ... I later discovered that we forgot one raspberry plant that was hiding amongst the blueberry bushes; and then read on a site that you shouldn't put blackberry plants near your raspberry plants or they could spread diseases to each other ... arrrgh!

So, tomorrow AM (early), we have to gently move the blackberry bushes farther away on the south side; then plant the other raspberry bush where they were. If we have time left, we will start putting in the blueberry bushes. It just delays us a day and adds more work -- oh well, what can you do? When you're 5'2" and your name's MAGOO?

KURI ~ your new revised plan sounds good; that may just be the change that works for the long term.

LSFUNKY ~ will send up some ^prayers^ about your DH's job; and your insurance issues.

BEVERLYJOY ~ glad that you found a little garden helper while your back heals. I count while I water too ...

GEM ~ congrats on the 7+ lbs; that is always encouraging. Seems we all have numerous stressors in our lives that we have to deal with.

PATCH ~ congrats on your kettlebell work; your DH is probably shocked that you are doing it every day. Some spread it out to EOD to rest their muscles.

CALLUNA ~ glad you and your DH are getting healthier together.

We just had leftovers for dinner tonight; re-heated in the Microwave to keep the house cooler for the evening. Gonna go do some reading for awhile. Hope you all have a Fabulously OP Friday tomorrow ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #74  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Wow. I've been gone for a few days and this thread is really rolling! Welcome all. I lost three pounds last week, for which I am thrilled! Every little bit helps.

Quote:
We found some turkey hot dogs with no preservatives, which are very good. I didn't realize they were turkey until I'd eaten a few. Hubby picked them out.
I had an oscar meyer fat free hotdof for 40 calories and it tasted nothing like a hot dog-just chemicals! So, I tried a hundred calorie turkey hot dog, this was much better. Patchwork,your exercise looks great!

Quote:
I was able to make good food choices but my water consumption is still too low.
Mahtha, I either us a rubbermaid 1 quart and fill it up 2x, a plastic 32 oz. cup and fill it up twice, or a 2 quart and fill it up once and drink that through the day. Good luck with school!

Quote:
My good news: I am down 7.2 lbs this week
Gem, wow, that is wonderful. Keep it up.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #75  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

This is a pretty active thread, isn't it? That's great!

It poured rain today, so it was an indoor workout - picked up my weights again and spent a bit of time on the stationary bike. Ate well too, so I think things are pretty well in my world.

On a funnier note... most of the recipes in the Spectrum book that the doc recommended for DH are really good - spicy, filling, tasty, quick, and simple to prepare. I made one last night, though... I have to wonder what they were thinking, because my son who will eat anything just looked at me mournfully this evening when we heated up the leftovers. He waded through half his bowl before giving up. You can't win them all! I'll have to cook something tasty tomorrow to make up for it.

Last edited by calluna; 06-28-2012 at 11:49 PM.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote