NSV-mileage

• After my hysterectomy, I gained excess weight through grief eating. I went back up to 270 lbs. which is ar too big for my frame. Today, I walked 3.75 miles at 254 pounds. I didn't think I could walk a 20 minute mile. For the average healthy weighted person, it is not a big deal. For me, it is an achievement. I am still in shock and will aim for 4 miles next month. Wooo hooo! I still have it in me!
  • Congratulations... That is a wonderful achievement.... Let us know how far you go next month!
  • Awesome!!!!! Well done! You'll hit that 4 mile mark soon!
  • That is a wonderful achievement!!! Looking forward to you posting about that 4 miles!!
  • What a great achievement! Thank you for sharing; it really encourages us all!
  • Fantastic job. Just keep going one day at a time. You're off to a great start.

Lin
  • Thank you all. I did it in a 1:15. I'll let you know how next month goes.
  • That's great!
  • Congrats! That's a huge achievement! And I guarantee, the average healthy-weighted person would have a tremendously difficult time walking even a mile if she had to carry around the amount of weight we do. That's one of the reasons why those comparisons are never helpful. I am in far better shape than my 110-pound friend who never exercises and can (and frequently does) eat an entire large pizza in one sitting. But knowing that cures none of my health issues, nor does it make me more employable or able to wear clothes that I really want to wear. So congratulations on YOUR tremendous accomplishment! Can't wait to hear updates on how it's just getting better and better.
  • Good job! I love to walk. 4 miles is a great goal!