Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 08:28 PM   #16  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Bella - hope your little one feels better real soon! those ear infections can be pretty painful!

Denise - my heart goes out to your friend!

Goddess - aren't you the lucky girl with the cute boyfriend.

Jeanne - hope things turn around for you soon.

Me.. I'm just getting ready for my big scrapping weekend. By the way I was acting you'd think I was going on a cruise or something First night away from the family - ever! Should I be this excited? LOL

Counting calories has been great for a pleasant change! I just hope this keeps up! I don't plan to be on plan this weekend. I've already bought my M&M's lots of them - they are a staple while scrapping!
I do plan to exercise they have a great gym at the resort and I have some workout buddies that I will be with.

Dana

Last edited by slimdown; 03-31-2003 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:46 PM   #17  

Well hello everyone:
Another grand day OP. I love OP days. I feel really good.

I walked for 2miles over the course of the day.

had a great NSV--- Guy at the doctor office noticed I lost weight and said I looked great. So what would he say after I lose the 90 plus to go.....????? Guess DS will have to go to the doctor after I lose it all and we will find out.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:14 AM   #18  
Catwoman

Jeanne - Do you live with you parents/ sister? Have you ever thought of moving out? If it's always making you miserable prehaps you should get some space between yourself and them and see them less? If not you really need to sit down and have things out, It's awful to see this upsetting you again and again, with you health problems you have enough on your plate.

Denise - That's awful I do hope she is O.k, sometimes ppl just can't have healthy babies no matter what. I hope they can find out wether it's bad luck or something more sinister. Poor lady

Dana - When you said a big scrapping weekend I thought oh no your going to be fighting alot! Then I remembered At a resort??!! Wow sounds fancy and alot of fun, have a great time and enjoy yourself

Goddess Jessica - Yes he is cute! And young!

Belle - Don't worry about a 2lb difference, really that's nothing and is often the difference between weighing first thing and the middle of the day. I've had to stop myself weighing during the day because of the gains I see, as long as you get those numbers going down that's all that counts

Bluvsu2 - Congrats! Isn't it great to have all that hard work noticed? More you lose the more comments you get - Enjoy!

As for me I went out for dinner on Saturday so didn't worry about points then just enjoyed myself and ate sensibly. I've started eating alot more fish with my main meal and I think that's helping. I noticed ages ago when I had a fillet of fish and vege's I always seemed to be extra light the next day. It's got about half the cals of red meat and that's gotta help!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #19  
JML
Success Story!!!

Ah, but I am stuck at the moment. I can do what I'm doing, and should be grateful for a place to stay for now. With my back and arm problems - which should be temporary, I don't see how I can practically make such a drastic change as it would require a change of career as well. I need to wait it out till I'm in decent shape physically if it doesn't destroy me first. I so wish we were a loving family, able to talk and be close to one another. I desire this, but it isn't the reality, is it? In all fairness to the family, they are under a great deal of stress right now - which is why things are worse. My youngest brother is bipolar and has up till two weeks ago refused to see a doctor. It's been destroying his life and it's been hard to stand by and see it happen. As of two weeks ago, he had a crises, has been involuntarily hospitalized, and is finally being treated, which is a blessing, but naturally, it's been a difficult time here.

But, yes, something must give in this situation. Possibly it's been helpful in my weight struggle as I feel my weight is the ONLY thing in my life I can control. I made the big 100 this week. Yes, it's the only thing I can control it seems.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:28 PM   #20  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Big hugs to you Jeanne! My heart goes out to you and your brother. I dated a man once who was bipolar. Yikes - The good time were so good- he was like a drug... but those bad times were the worst. The relationship lasted almost 2 years with a terrible ending. It is such a hard disease - and hard to understand. I will be thinking of you.

Dana
Old 04-01-2003, 06:47 PM   #21  

Jeanne, remember bipolar can be treated and lived with. My mother, sister, 2 aunts, 4 cousins, and myself have all been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Most of us are handling the disease just fine. I have come to the realization that I will take medication every day for the rest of my life. I know that in order to be a good mother, I must. Don't get me wrong, there are still days when I'm feeling more down than others, but then again, who doesn't have those days. Bipolar is a difficult disease to admit to having, our society looks down on mental disorders. I pray that your brother will be able to understand that this is not a curable disease, but a treatable one, and one that does not go away over time. I hope that everything works out during this difficult time for your family.

Dana, I am so jealous of you. I hope that you have a great time. Just one little reminder that a wise woman once told me, "just because you eat 1 pound of m&m's, doesn't mean you'll only gain 1 pound."
Old 04-02-2003, 12:22 PM   #22  
JML
Success Story!!!

A good reminder Denise. I've been hearing that from several people. This disorder is more common than I thought it was, and it's good to know it can be treated. It gives me hope for my brother. Thanks! So glad things are working out for you too with the meds! Thank God there is help.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #23  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Wow, I didn't realize we could start a club for women who dated bipolar men. My ex was sooooo bipolar. One minute swearing up and down that he was going to get help, the next, locking himself in the den and refusing to go. ACK! Worst still, he was my first live-in boyfriend so I thought ALL relationships were suppose to be like that. Sigh.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #24  

Unfortunately, I qualify to be in this club as well! My guy was diagnosed, but unmedicated (his choice) so it was quite a roller-coaster ride.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #25  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

for those that dated bipolar men... wasn't the sex amazing!? holy cow!

I hate to admit it.. but I think that's why I stayed so long
Old 04-02-2003, 08:47 PM   #26  

Well, I have never dated a bipolar man, but my husbands best friend is bipolar and is currently in jail. What a trip he is!!

Well my daughter is doing great, but I'm not. I got strep and was VERY sick yesterday. I weighed in today and (late due to daughter and me being sick) but I lost and I am SO happy about it. But being that I haven't eaten for the last 2 days, it isn't a shock.

I am in the process of buying a house, just put in the application for a pre approval. I'm nervous. My credit isn't great and I'm just worried. I will know some time tomorrow.

Well that is all for me. I'll chat again tomorrow, hope all of you have a great evening!

Bella23
Old 04-03-2003, 02:18 PM   #27  

Dana- The sex was INCREDIBLE.... when it was there. But those MONTHS when there wasn't any sex at all... ack!

Bella, good luck buying a house!!!! That is so my dream (in about 10 years!). Let us know all the details. Have you found a house yet or are you just going to be pre-approved first? Burn a gold candle and think postive thoughts!
Old 04-03-2003, 02:47 PM   #28  

Bella, good luck with the house! I am so excited for you. I hope that the car thing works out as well.

I am thinking about getting my hair cut. I've been growing it for so long, and always planned on donating it to locks of love, but I'm just not too sure if I am ready to have chin-lenght hair again. I have an appointment for tonight to have it colored (I've got to was that grey right out of my hair). We'll see what kind of mood I'm in when I get there.

Hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 04-03-2003, 05:50 PM   #29  

My day has been soooo poopy!

First, I spend 2 hours at the dentist. That's enough to put anyone in a bad mood.

Then, I have this huge project at work that requires a lot of attention and my boss (who is not involved in this particular project) keeps bugging me with questions that I have to answer 3 times:
"Where is it?"
"It's in your box."
"Where?"
"The box on your desk."
"I can't find it, where???"
"Here...in the box, on your desk."
"Oh."

So, I got a big chunk of the project completed and my eyes are hurting so, I decide to take a little munchie break and have my EAS AdvantEdge Peanut Butter & Caramel Bar (It's sooooo yummy) and she comes in a freaks out in the middle of my delicious bar so it totally ruins my break and makes the bar taste like dirt.

Did I mention how much this job is killing me.... one paper cut at a time?

ARGH!!! I hope I can make it to the gym tonight and work off some of this frustration.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:15 PM   #30  

Goddess, I will burn that candle! I do have the home picked out. It will replace the moble home I currently have. But it is SO pretty!!!

Well I'm feeling better, my daughter is feeling better, and I got a great refund on my student loans so I am no longer in need of money. The only bad thing that happened is that my truck broke down and I had to get it towed. That sucked, but o'well. I did break my WOE by eating apple pie and ice cream. But after the stress of my truck breaking down I needed it. (I do feel crummy now!)

Denise, If you plan to donate your locks, you can't have them colored. (at least that is what they told me.) But I did just get all my hair cut off. I need to change my avitar (sp?) My hair is now above my ears. It's real short!! I love it.

Well I think I have posted enough for tonight.

Bella23
Closed Thread