Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #1  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Default Somebody pass the duct tape!

I need it for my mouth!! AH!!
I have been doing so well and have been pleasantly surprised at how much my appetite has dwindled in the last few months ... and that I am getting full so much faster than I used to! I love finding that I am turning down food not because I am thinking about weightloss, but just because I don't want anymore. AND I am feeling craving free, where they literally had a death grip on me before.

That all said, TOM is due tomorrow and my hormones are on overdrive or something. I swear I could eat the contents of an entire ice cream shop right now and want more. LOL

So I am stalking the forum to remind myself what a very bad idea consuming 100,000 calories in a sitting would be.

Last edited by DaugT; 05-30-2012 at 04:58 PM.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

*sneaks in* oooh 100+ club section, shiney.

Anyway, I feel your pain. I'm on Nuvaring and the night of the first day that I put a new one in - watch out. I will eat anything in our fridge or pantry - bread, instant noodles, all of my weekly snack allotment, yogurt, you name it, if it's edible I WILL eat it.

I've never managed to get through the first night with a new ring in without casualty. I'm putting a new one in Monday so I guess I'll report back on how it goes!

Last edited by Katbot24; 05-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Daug,

Try chewing sugar free gum. That keeps me from putting other stuff in my mouth. I've just had my lunch and 1 small piece of chocolate, so I'm chew chew chewing the time away :P

Last edited by Underwater; 05-30-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I hear you! I get bad cravings at PMS time myself. I actually licked a pile of salt out of my hand once, just to stop myself from eating potato chips. Hang in there!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

No TOM or PMS here - I'm WAY past it - but chocolate still calls my name loud and clear at almost any given time! LOL - pass the roll of tape my way when you're done with it. Maybe we need a duct tape thread!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #6  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Thanks ladies!!!! Gotta love this whole cycle madness

LOL Lyn I love it. I wonder if licking the outside of the ice cream carton will have the same effect!
Luckily I had dance class tonight... so I worked instead of ate.

Thanks Underwater.. that's a great idea... unfortunately artificial sweetners give me migraines.. I have to avoid them like the plague! Bubbalicious may be about my only option. LOL
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #7  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

S/C/G: 330/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaugT View Post
I need it for my mouth!! AH!!
I have been doing so well and have been pleasantly surprised at how much my appetite has dwindled in the last few months ... and that I am getting full so much faster than I used to! I love finding that I am turning down food not because I am thinking about weightloss, but just because I don't want anymore. AND I am feeling craving free, where they literally had a death grip on me before.

That all said, TOM is due tomorrow and my hormones are on overdrive or something. I swear I could eat the contents of an entire ice cream shop right now and want more. LOL

So I am stalking the forum to remind myself what a very bad idea consuming 100,000 calories in a sitting would be.

nice! lol thats what I do too...online to keep my hands too busy to pick up food lol
justanotherchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #8  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Daug,

Try chewing sugar free gum. That keeps me from putting other stuff in my mouth. I've just had my lunch and 1 small piece of chocolate, so I'm chew chew chewing the time away :P
this always reminds me of the movie "The Road to Wellville", where turn of the (last) century Americans went to the Kellog health ranch in Battle Creek, MI. They practiced vegetarianism, lots of colonics, and other "fad" health crazes. But one was called Fletcherism, wherein you were supposed to chew your food so much that it became almost liquid before you finally swallowed it. It was a pre-digestion thing. Anyway, in the movie, they sing a song about it.

"Chew, chew, chew, it is the thing to do. Chew, chew, chew, good food is good for you..." Etc.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote