I feel awful

• This has been a horribly off plan weekend for me. Wend out for my anniversary and ate probably entirely too many cals. N then to top it of I'm super sick now went to urgent care this morning and I have bronchitis, pneumonia and an ear infection. All I want to do is sleep. I am not feeling like eating my typical "healthy food" I want soup and bread and I know I shouldn't, but it's tge only thing that sounds even remotely good to me. I feel horrible.
  • You're sick.
    Eat what you want - and actually, nice hot soup and yummy bread are perfect!
    You have plenty of time to get back on track once you're better.
    Don't stress.
  • you really should just do nothing but sleep and rest! And don't worry about what you eat now, till you get better - which is pretty soon I hope!
  • Agreed, remember that your body is working hard to get healthy again. All those white blood cells need energy, and that's going to have to come from food.
  • soup is actually perfectly healthy, so is bread. youre not going to be eating other high calorie foods, so soup and bread is perf.
  • For me, the bread would make me feel worse thanks to the wheat's inflammatory properties and the blood sugar spike when I metabolized the starch, so I'd nix the bread. But nothing about soup is a bad thing, especially a nice meat stew with veggies. Lots of nutrients in bone broth that will help you feel better.

And if you're not sensitive to grains and sugar as I am, the bread is no great heresy, either! Be gentle with yourself and get lots of nutrients and rest. The rest takes care of itself.
  • Here's what I have done in the past. If I felt bad I would treat myself with food of course then I would treat myself if I felt good for sure ! That's how I got to weighing 296 also. Just eat if your body needs fuel . Good Luck and I hope you get feeling better soon !!!!!!

• I'm sorry you're not feeling great and hope you feel better soon! Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

As far as what to eat, if you don't feel like anything but soup and bread, have soup and bread. You can't eat nothing, and soup and bread are not awful choices. Soup is great for respiratory issues, it warms, soothes your throat and provides nutrition and hydration apart from being easy to digest. The bread will give you a bit of energy and settle your stomach if you're feeling queasy.

Unless there's some reason like allergies or something why you can't have soup or bread, I think you should go for it, especially if that's what you feel like. Take care of yourself when you're sick. I've had pneumonia and bronchitis before and it really isn't the time to nitpick about anything but getting nutrients into my body. I didn't have an appetite and all I wanted to eat was the fish pepper soup my mother used to make me as a child when I had a cold. Get your nutrients where you can.
  • Thanks girls... So much!