Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Everything isn't going back into to place like I'd hoped!

So I've been exercising like crazy. Walking mostly. Working toward half marathon distance! Anyway, I notice that as I trim down, everything is sagging with it. My legs look horrible. I see more pockets of fat in some areas than others and the skin is sagging. My stomach is the same way. I am so, so disappointed. Will lifting weights help? Not sure what to do about my inner thighs. My legs almost looked better when they were stuffed with fat.

Also, I think I'm actually getting a varicose vein! Ack! What do I do with that?

*Sigh* Tried on shorts today and it just made me feel sad instead of excited.
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

There is a loose skim FAQ somewhere on this site that is super helpful. Generally the advice I've seen given time and again is weight training and time!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #3  

And, yes, I know I still have a long way to go, so maybe things will change, but I'm thinking if the skin is sagging already, it's going to get much worse.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Girl, I was only 6 lbs less than you were starting out. I'm in a size 0 now, and 140 lighter. I have a lil loose skin, but "spanx" really helped along the way. Who am I kidding, they help now! LOL I'm debating on a tummy tuck, but not sure if I can justify the expense. Just keep going. I didn't give up, and I am SO glad I stuck it out. My goal story is somewhere on the "Goal" forum and it has updated pictures. Keep it up!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

I worry about this, too. But the more I read, the more I think that it won't be as bad to anyone viewing me. It'll probably be horrible to me, but I'm self-conscious now! It certainly can't be worse than carrying around the weight and suffering the pain and mobility issues I currently have.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #6  

Vixen...WOW! You look amazing! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I think you know how much it means. Spanx are great, but won't help with my shorts situation. *sigh*

Synger...I hope that's true! I was thinking today that I look like I'm melting. Ack! Congratulations on 50pnds lost!!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

If it's any consolation to you, I rarely find shorts to be flattering to any but the most boyish or slender of figures. They're frankly just not a particularly flattering item of clothing for most people IMHO. I live in the tropics (year round 90+ degree weather and 100+% humidity for months of the year) and I never wear them.

If you want to wear shorts for comfort in the hot weather, do! Don't be put off by your legs in them. Things are rarely as bad as we think they are. Our critical eye on ourselves is always the sharpest. If you're after style, I'm sure there are other things that suit your new body you've worked on better- dresses, skirts, lightweight trousers, maybe even capris/pedal pushers, if you're really after that "shorts" look.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 05-23-2012 at 07:07 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I have sagging skin on my inner thighs that will probably get worse for a while before it gets better. I look much better with the stretch type shorts under athletic shorts.

Seriously, though, I know that it looks better than my gigantic fat thighs. I figure that it will get better so I even go swimming.

I loved it when I recently saw high school athletes and these thin young girls wearing spanx under their shorts. I guess it is fashionable now!
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I have good days and bad days with my skin. Some days I don't notice the sagging much at all, other days, it's all I can see. On the bad days, I look at my high weight pictures and cut my body some slack. Looking at my size at my highest weight, it's unfair of me to expect my body to just bounce back into place...at this point, I'm lucky it's holding up as well as it is.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote