Hello! and frustrated....

• Hello ladies!

I've been hanging around for awhile without posting, after leaving and coming back. I've got 100 pounds to lose, and I've been exercising (tho I had to stop for 3 weeks because of a broken toe. today is my first day back to the gym) and counting calories, but I can't seem to break 230. I keep my calories between 1450-1600, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do. Even when I was weigh lifting 3x a week and doing the Elliptical for 30 min every day.

GAH! Sorry. I'm very frustrated right now, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Some of it is probably what I ate... so I'm trying to cut almost all carbs and a good deal more sugar.

Thanks for letting me vent!
  • I'm just posting to tell you to hang in there. Maybe there are some around here who can give you more solid advice. I'm no expert, so I'll just give what I can give!! You can do it! The broken toe set you back for awhile, but now you can get back after it. You'll get it!
  • Definitely hang in there!! Not sure if I will be any help, but if your exercise decreased because of your poor toe, maybe there's just not enough of a deficit there and you needed a little less calories while not working out?! Just a total guess. Hopefully now that you're back at it you'll break 230 quickly!
    We're pretty close on our goals, etc... so I feel for ya! Best of luck!
  • Ugh I know how you feel! I was stuck @220 for about 4 months, nothing I did seemed to matter (and to be honest i just wasn't willing to starve for success, a 1000 calories is not living to me lol)

I ended up completely changing how I worked out, did dancing and pilates and some yoga and insane amounts of heavy lifting in yardwork etc., It did the trick! it started falling off

Hang in there sounds cliche but it's true - physics eventually takes over!
  • You have to understand the weight-loss process; this is actually normal. So many people ask this question it's not funny. Everyone hits plateaus & stalls -- you can change things up a bit like Trazey did, and/or wait it out. The scale will eventually move, you have to be patient. Your calories are in the right range (to lose 1 to 1.5 lbs a week), so why nothing?

Let's just say that your body is taking a break; so just keep going. Things are still happening inside all the while though. One day you will wake up and have a whoosh -- and be down a few lbs again. Things will start moving again.
  • Thanks ladies. I did my first day back at the gym yesterday and stuck with the weight machines and the treadmill this time - did a hill program on the treadmill which was more of a workout than I thought it would be (I was using elliptical before, but they were full).

I appreciate the encouragement! As you all know, sometimes its just frustrating!
  • Keep on keepin' on! Plateaus and stalls are a normal part of weight-loss.